ProPoints vs. Discover

AllieJ

Hey
Just joined ww onlne. Pro points is all a bit new to me having used discover plan for years. Just wondering how both plans compare? Are people happy with their weight loss on pro points? I can't believe all fruit is free?!?! Not going to eat over four or five pieces a day...sounds too calorific otherwise! Hope everyone is getting on well!:D

i'm sticking to discover because i know it inside out but from what i've read on here the propoints plan is very good and probably more flexible as you get a weekly allowance too

I did not do well on pro points so went back to discover - doing much better on that

i didnt try PP, i just stuck to discovery as im not far from target and PP seems a bit trial and error. although saying that, i think its a good plan and would try it if i plateu or start gaining on disc :)

I just couldn't get my head round the new plan..... Discovery points are worked on age height etc and when you go down into next stone bracket you lose a point.... That all changed on the pp and me and most others in the class were given the same points??? Just seemed strange so didn't change.

Eeekk...that doesn't sound so good. Sure will give it a shot! There must be some logic behind it all! Just that bit more complicated to try calculate the points what with there being 4 values instead of two like in discovery...oh well!Thanks for feedback!!!

the 49 weeklies on propoints is messing with my mind! so i'm going back to Discovery for February and seeing how i get on! :) or i may just do one week of one way and one week of the other! try tricking the body! just want to do wendi plan again tbh :D

smirky your having great losses,,why change??

Hiya all.Ive just came off cd sole souce diet.(strictly mikshakes!!) Ihave done ww discovery plan for years and in total i have lost 6 stone one of which was from cambridge diet..The rest was from ww.I have tried the new plan and i lost 3 pound then from then on stayed the same.Im thinkin of staying to the good old discovery plan i know and love !! is there a place on this forum for it?? does anyone els follow the old one,if so is it easy to still find info out about points ect online??

Thanks xxxxx

Oh man!! I just posted to say Im going back to Discovery. I wish I had of thought about it like someone who posted on this thread... I was only about 7lbs away from goal so i shouldnt have changed. Oh well... I think some people are really enjoying it but theres some things I just dont get, like...

1 slice of crust away bread is 1 pro point, but 4 slices is 5... and heres another. A guy at class last night was asking about smoothies (no yoghurt - just various fruit cut into slices and blended) - apparently theres points in that, but no point if you were to just eat the fruit! bizarre!!

smirky your having great losses,,why change??

only first two weeks were good and that's because before Xmas i was 11st 9lbs, and i gained up to 12st so i knew whether it be propoints or discovery the gain would easily come off as it wasnt a gain at all just water weight due to my over eating at xmas! now thats out the way im just getting STS's (Weighed myself friday and still STS lol) it's the 49 weeklies i know its a problem for me, as im just using em because they are there on junk i liked discovery because you had to earn your treats , now ww are just giving you them, it's taking away all the things ive learned about portion control and limitation etc as im just allowing myself to have anything and thinking its ok because i have those 49 weeklies lol

Oh man!! I just posted to say Im going back to Discovery. I wish I had of thought about it like someone who posted on this thread... I was only about 7lbs away from goal so i shouldnt have changed. Oh well... I think some people are really enjoying it but theres some things I just dont get, like...

1 slice of crust away bread is 1 pro point, but 4 slices is 5... and heres another. A guy at class last night was asking about smoothies (no yoghurt - just various fruit cut into slices and blended) - apparently theres points in that, but no point if you were to just eat the fruit! bizarre!!

Thats because your body works harder to process the fruit skin, whereas blended fruit its done for you. Its the same with veg, if you make a 0pp soup if its chunky its better.

Back