Propranolol

JonnyWopper

So doctors have told me to take propanolol for my migraines. My CDC said it was ok to continue on SS with them. So Monday felt ok had my packs tablets etc but yesterday was bad. My job is very physical and outside in the cold.
So I've got no food digesting the tablets slow my heart down so blood isnt flowing as normal and I can't tell you ow cold I was. So after going to the 6th floor several times before dinner felt alright then had my choc bar and black coffee felt good lol
Then did some more stairs and started carrying 26kg panes of glass up stairs as well. So at 17:00 I started feeling cheats pains thought nothing of it just slowed down. But when I left site at 18:00 I started panicking a little bit. I tried talking to my mates to stay calm they would of never knew unless I told them. Got to the tube station dived in to the shop and got a wispa I wolfed it down. Then it seemed to calm me down bout 5 mins later. I don't know what it was but at bout 15:30 I was starving never been starving on ss before. With the weather job lack of food my body might of not been able to cope!?
Was very scary...I actually thought my heart was going to stop :S

Jonny - am I right to remember that you don't do SS 7 days a week? That you do SS Monday to Friday but then take weekends off?

Apologies if this isn't you and I'm muddling you with someone else. But if this is you, then going in and out of ketosis all the time is going to make you feel awful.

The other thing you need to know about ketosis is that it lowers your blood pressure. Propanalol also lowers your blood pressure (that's often why it's prescribed, not just for migraines).

I'm guessing that what happened is that your blood pressure fell through the floor. No wonder you felt so awful. Silly question maybe, but does your doctor know you're doing Cambridge?

The in and out of ketosis has worked for ages gives a real lift knowing I can be strict for 5 days and eat what I want at weekend I lose about 6lb average a week part because of my job.
But I was mint at this diet before started tablets. I didn't tell the doctor no, I thought nothing of it. But I'm going to go back on Friday to tell him.
I've stopped taking the tablets at the minute, the migraines were getting frequent but I would rather have migraines then how I felt yesterday

dont mean to be rude - but looking at your previous posts im inclined to think his diet isnt right for you or your lifestyle - i think you need to seek advice from a medical professional not a forum as the symptoms you are experiencing could be very dangerous

Another daft question then, probably - but did you have migraines before starting Cambridge? I get horrendous headaches each time I restart Cambridge which can last for 2-3 days each time. If you're coming off the diet every weekend, then I'm not surprised if you're getting headaches during the week (when effectively, you're starting the whole getting back into ketosis thing each time!).

Just a thought.

you might have lived your life popping in and out of ketosis and it might work for you but your body is the one that is taking the strain! it's not a healthy way to live and yesterday doing what you do, on ss+ with the tablets has shown you how bad it can be. i'd suggest a higher plan 1200 with food so you're out of ketosis, you'll still loose, your job is very manual and the way you're doing the diet isn't helping your body cope regardless of you personally coping think about your body!

I suffer with chronic migraines and suffer at least 4 days out of 7 with them and some lasting up to 36 hours but when I am in ketosis they are very rare, going in and out of ketosis could be why they are more frequent for you, I was on the tablets you are on but they didn't help me..... Since I have been in ketosis I have came off meds and have sumatriptan which I only have to take when I have a migraine start and I feel so much better without all the tablets. I hope you manage to find your cure, my seems to be ketosis and cleaning my system out properly, think I may have food allergies that might cause my migraines! Good luck.

Thanks for all the info maybe the strain is the ketosis maybe it isn't I'll prob never know tbh.
But I've stopped taking them and gone back to ss and Wednesday I was buzzing all day and today I feel great. But my fear is if I start staying in ketosis over the weekend I'm prob going to end up losing 1.5st a week. I prob put some back on at the weekends but I lose that straight away and end up losing 9lb on top( 3weeks on the bounce going in and out)

Hey there jonnywhopper!

I think that each and everyone of us has ways in which this diet works best for us and yours seems to be working for you so why knock it?!! Personally I find ss really difficult and would certainly fall off the wagon big time if I didn't treat myself now and again, I've read that going in and out of ketosis isn't harmful and even my CDC is aware that I don't do the plan to the letter and she has no problems with it. Granted I sometimes find it difficult get straight back to plan and I may not lose the weight as fast as I had hoped but everyones journey is a personal one. I think your doing great!!!!!!!!!

Jules x

Hey there jonnywhopper!

I think that each and everyone of us has ways in which this diet works best for us and yours seems to be working for you so why knock it?!! Personally I find ss really difficult and would certainly fall off the wagon big time if I didn't treat myself now and again, I've read that going in and out of ketosis isn't harmful and even my CDC is aware that I don't do the plan to the letter and she has no problems with it. Granted I sometimes find it difficult get straight back to plan and I may not lose the weight as fast as I had hoped but everyones journey is a personal one. I think your doing great!!!!!!!!!

Jules x

jules this is not a helpful reply as he's ill! his diet is making him ill when he mixes it with his meds that he needs to stop his migraines. this is exactly what he wants to hear so that he can go on thrashing his body. what is happening is that your blood sugar levels are nice and even when in ketosis when doing it correctly, eating by having 2 days off out of 7 creates an unstable blood sugar level which you body has to deal with. it takes a few days each time to alter the body's fuel source from carbs to fat burning and when this happens you tend to suffer all the signs and symptoms that you get when you first start getting into ketosis. you can feel weak, dizzy, thirsty, have massive headaches. i would suggest a higher plan with a more even approach to loosing weight given your job is very physical!

Hi

I was is simply referring to his 5days on and 2 days off!!! Lots of people ss during the week and ss+ at weekends or do exactly what jonnywhopper does and have a break from the hard slog, including myself. As he previously mentioned he had no problems doing this until he started his meds which more than likely indicates that these are causing the problem???? I wouldn't dream of encouraging anyone to continue putting their health at risk I was merely pointing out that what works best for someone doesn't always work best for someone else!!!!! As I mentioned previously my CDC is aware that i have most weekends off plan and is fine with it.

Jules x

Hi

I was is simply referring to his 5days on and 2 days off!!! Lots of people ss during the week and ss+ at weekends or do exactly what jonnywhopper does and have a break from the hard slog, including myself. As he previously mentioned he had no problems doing this until he started his meds which more than likely indicates that these are causing the problem???? I wouldn't dream of encouraging anyone to continue putting their health at risk I was merely pointing out that what works best for someone doesn't always work best for someone else!!!!! As I mentioned previously my CDC is aware that i have most weekends off plan and is fine with it.

Jules x

he did have problems before. headaches. hense the tablets. he doesn't do ss+ during the weekends. he eats take outs and recarbs which is what is leading to his headaches.

So I've been off the tablets a week now and I'm deep in to ketosis lol This time I'm going to At least a month straight of ketosis and see what happens. I've always had migraines and they've always been completely random even before this diet so I don't think it's anything to do with ketosis. I was spray painting once an got one(I didn't know at the time) then i did the same 2 days later and I got another one. Anything can trigger them, if I knew what triggered them I wouldn't get them lol When I'm in ketosis I don't get the bad breath, I don't feel weak and I don't even get a normal headache. So I'm going to do a straight month and see what happens. Thanks for all the info though. But I'll prob end up losing 3/4 stone this month lol

Did you mean to say you will probably loose 3 or 4 stone this month or 3 quarters of a stone this month? If you did mean 3 or 4 stone, then you'll be so much closer to your goal. Or you could be a complete wind-up merchant of course :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol because of my job I lose 9lb in 5 days. I don't do it at the weekend but I'm going to do it for a mOnth straight and I fear the weight loss lol

Back