protein and veg

moomoo13

I have just switched to S&S yesterday from exante and was just wondering if you have to have the protein/vegs?

I was just doing 3 shakes a day on exante and was hoping to just stick to 3 products a day and a multi vitamin on this.

Is this ok or do you have to eat aswell? Or is it just food you can have if you feel you need it? I just dont trust myself with food and prefer to just have the packs then I know exactly where I am.

Any advice really appreciated x

You are supposed to have the protein (and optional veg) with 3 packs. If you can't trust yourself with the food then have 4 packs. It's less calories than the 3 Exante packs I think.

Hi welcome to s&s, I have the 3 packs a day and the vit tablet.I don't have the veg, tried it last night ( only been on this diet 1 wk), and it threw me out of ketosis, so not sure how the veggie thing works. I even measured the correct amount of white cabbage out. I might just be carb sensitive. Anyway I when you add the 3 meals up they seem to fall on some combinations below 400 cals which is very low.So I have milk in my tea to bump the cals up a tad.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. These are defo the best flavoured meal packs I have tasted to date.

Hi welcome to s&s, I have the 3 packs a day and the vit tablet.I don't have the veg, tried it last night ( only been on this diet 1 wk), and it threw me out of ketosis, so not sure how the veggie thing works. I even measured the correct amount of white cabbage out. I might just be carb sensitive. Anyway I when you add the 3 meals up they seem to fall on some combinations below 400 cals which is very low.So I have milk in my tea to bump the cals up a tad.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. These are defo the best flavoured meal packs I have tasted to date.

What makes you so sure the veggies threw you out of ketosis. its incredibly unlikely a few veggies would do any damage to ketosis??

Please tell me it wasnt down to the ketostix

Moomoo if youre not having veg etc you need to have 4 packs... calorie wise its still slightly less than Exante :)

3 S&S packs alone is very very low in calories. Dont worry - 4 is perfectly ok :)

Thanks starlight. Think I will stick to the 3 packs and have some chicken or tuna each night with some salad or veg x

Yes I like having 4 packs to :) yummie

Ahh that's good to know then that we can use a pack instead of protein some days.

What makes you so sure the veggies threw you out of ketosis. its incredibly unlikely a few veggies would do any damage to ketosis??

Please tell me it wasnt down to the ketostix

Hi Starlight, hahaha, yes it was the ketosticks dam little fibbers lol! I thought it may have been the veg but wasn't certain but now I realise it was the water I had drunk that diluted the ketones so much that the stick couldn't pick it up. Just alarmed at the time as It was the first time I had every had the veg and the sticks were pink them wham neutral. Next day they were pink again though. Need to hide them I think!

The main thing is the level of protein. Some people do have just three packs but that isn't what SnS say and it would be low in protein. Your body needs some protein every day (roughly 50g). Some of that protein gets converted into glucose (through a number of steps) for use by your brain as your brain does need some glucose, even in ketosis. If you don't have enough protein in your diet your body will use your muscles to do this. This will lead to muscle wastage and a reduction in your metabolic rate, which will make it harder to maintain afterwards and isn't very good for you! Everyone is different so it may be ok for some people to only have three packs (I have no idea) but for me it's not worth the risk.

Also you should take a multivitamin if you are on 3 packs plus protein a day. I would suggest pregnancy multivitamins as they don't contain vitamin A and too much vitamin A is quite bad for you. I took mine out of the packet before my husband saw what they were - don't want him having a heart attack!

Back