Cruise PP Protein only soup

xeilidhx

Gold Member
Any suggestions for pp soup?! I need something I can make and portion up! X

Suppose you can do chicken soup or cream of chicken soup. I dont have a recipe but I will try one, perhaps some onions, garlic, chicken breast, chicken stock, seasoning. Blitz then add some quark or extra light philly. Might work!

Have always used the chicken carcase for making stock, did this the other day but used far less water than usual probably about 15 fluid oz. Simmered carcase, skin etc with a bay leaf and some thyme for about 35 mins. I do mean simmered - no boiling. Strained and left to chill. Scraped off all fat. Added some spring onions, black pepper, salt and a bit more thyme (fresh-but dried will do). Warmed very gently and added a large tablespoon of quark. Al had half with me so it did not last long.

Cock-a-leekie - mainly chicken, onions and leeks is a simple one. If doing for family too add potatoes to theirs. Can add garlic too.

A lot of herbs go nicely with chicken, sage, parsley, tarragon, but my favourite is thyme.

Can u use a carcuss of a cooked chicken or is that just a really dumb question?

Can u use a carcuss of a cooked chicken or is that just a really dumb question?

Sorry, I missed your question, yes, I came from a family of 7 where nothing was wasted, a second chance with any bones or offcuts was always used. You can also buy cheap packs of drumsticks or wings. Just plan ahead where possible so you can cool it and remove all fat.

My butcher will save nice big beef marrowbones for me for a few pence, lovely pure beef stock to start all other soups and stews.

Back