Extra Easy Protein Shakes

TheWalrus1975

Hi Guys, please ignore my ignorance, but new to slimming world (signed up today) and new to this forum.

I am on the extra easy plan, but will also be doing alot of weight training as well as dieting, but cannot find any info from slimming world on the suppliments I would normally take. These are usually protein shakes made with skimmed milk, although they can be made with water, and 4th generation creatine, which comes in a fruit juice drink.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this info, or is there anyone out there mixing slimming world with weight training.

Regards

The Walrus

Im sorry but i dont have a clue. Best bet is to ask your consultant or contact slimming world. Sorry.

The protein shakes will have to be syned. There is a syn calculator on the SW website but you can post the contents here and we can work it out for you.

Are you using Maximuscle? I know they have to be sinned but am finding out from my group hopefully on Tues if thats not too late - you could probably use your HEA for the milk for it, I dont know about you but I think that they are yucky made with water!

Thanks guys, Moo Moo, you are right, I used to take Myoplex made with water, and its vile ! I generally use Banana Met-Rx. If you want a nice way to take your protein, mix the powder in with fat free natural yoghurt, great for first thing in the morning, or a late evening hit of protein. I also mix with fat free natural jelly and freeze, makes protein pops ! Or if you do have to use water, if you use a nice chocolate shake with water, make it in a blender and add fresh orange segments, or a teaspoon of coffee, great at breakfast.

I have scoured the SW site, and can't find any info on any of the products i will be taking for my weight training, if I can post them on this forum for those in the know to look at, then I would be really grateful.

I use it for martial arts training so dont tend to use much but love that yoghurt idea!!
There are some pretty clever people on here that somehow manage to work out the syns so Im sure if you put the info up on the labels they will work it out for you. I'll find out about the promax too, Im sure it wont be that different....

I use it for martial arts training so dont tend to use much but love that yoghurt idea!!
There are some pretty clever people on here that somehow manage to work out the syns so Im sure if you put the info up on the labels they will work it out for you. I'll find out about the promax too, Im sure it wont be that different....
Moo Moo any one can work out the syns if you are registered on line and a paying member of slimming world. there is an on line syn calculator x

EEK!!! Promax diet is 11 syns on red & green if made using 60g (2 scoops)
Promax is 6 syns on both using 30g (1 scoop)
Promax bars (diet choc orange) are 10 syns

All calculated using the instructions for making on the tub and using milk as the HEa (or water if you can cope with it!)....odd that the promax diet comes up as more syns - I didnt think either would come out that high!

Walrus if you put your kcal/protein/fat/carbs & portion size up I'll work it out for you now I know how :)

What martial arts do you do? And how do the protein shakes/bars help?

Taz I do a martial art called ShinKen-Do, its a self defence style. The protein shakes help with muscle repair after training so you dont get that awful stiffness the next day after doing 3 hrs :)
Some people use them for helping to bulk up muscle but I use them just after training for the muscles.

No probs Taz - going for my 1st Dan imminently (fingers crossed!) Got that bit of advice from my Sensei and they seem to work quite well :)

Good luck for your 1st Dan, it's real hard work. I got the 2nd Dan pre-grading to look forward to in September!

Now then Moo Moo ! Thanks for posting the details of your protein up for me ! I have got the info on mine, so here it is.

I am using MET-Rx Supreme Whey, which is taken in 28g blended with water, milk or Juice, however at the moment i have just been taking it with fat free Total yoghurt, and chopping a banana into it for good measure. I have to say, its the nicest ever way to take on protein (apart from a dirty great big steak).

So each 28g has

108 Kcal
20g Protein
1.7g Carbs
1.3g of these are sugars
2.3g Fat
0.8g of these are saturates
0.1g Fibre
0.07g of Sodium.

I would prefer to be able to take one hit of this with milk (easier to do straight after training at the gym). I would normally use Sainsbury's 1% (Orange top) milk.

I also take 4th Generation Creatine in the form of EAS Phosphogen Elite. This is a fruit juice drink that comes powdered, you just mix it with water. That has

140 Kcals
34g Carbs
33g Sugars
95mg of Sodium

All per hit of 47g.

Any help you can give me with regards to this would be really great. I take the protein as I am using weight training to aid my weight loss. I have managed to get myself from being a bulky lad, into being a fat lad. I have found the bigger the engine, the more fuel it burns, so big muscles, means more calories burnt, coupled with food optimising, I should be able to get my chest out on the beach summer of 2011.

Okey dokey, the calculator machine tells me that for the Whey you are having 5.5 syns on any day (if using milk as your HEa) - thats not bad! If you mix it with juice you'll need to add those syns in too. But the total yoghurt is free - I cant remember about bananas though (I think they are but double check it!)

The Creatine comes up as 7 syns on any day (with a fat input of 0 on the calculator)

I had no idea that the shakes would be so high - especially if you are using 2 or 3 a day like some people I know!!!

I tell you what though - those fillet steaks are free and yummy! ;)

Hi there

I have just found this thread, I know it is old but as no one has replied to mine I was wondering if someone could do me a favour and put the following details for MP max elle true diet protein shake through the SW syn calculator for me;

Per 57g:
Energy: 904.0kJ
Energy: 216.0Kcal
Protein (as-is): 36.3g
Carbohydrates: 8.4g
of which sugars: 3.1g
Fat: 4.2g
of which saturates: 0.4g
Dietary Fibre: 1.9g
Sodium: 86.0mg

I'd be grateful if someone could get back to me.

Thanks

It's easy to work out these calculations, just use the 20 cals = 1 syn rule... this works for all things which do not contain any kind of free food :)

Back