Cruise PP Protein Shakes???

Dukan doesn't like powdered protein and they aren't allowed as he has written in the book. But in any case the one you listed has added sugar and oil which makes it a double no.

We are not allowed to have anything that has added sugar so it is important to look at the ingredient list for things such as sugar, wheat, oil etc.. not just the amount of sugar.

For example, dairy has natural sugars but we are only allowed dairy with no added sugar.

Hey don't worry. It does take *some* understanding. But you'll get there. Dukan is the only diet that gets easier, the longer you are on it.

I was "Dukan-ning" for a few months before I suddenly realised I was eating the wrong sort of yoghurt! I was choosing the 99.9% fat-free yoghurt, but failing to notice that it contained added sugar! Others may notice their own kinds of "fine-tuning" that they had to do.

Now, when shopping, I automatically check the nutrition panels of products and check the fat and carbs (per 100 grams, so it's a percentage figure). If it's more than 5% fat I don't buy it. "Sugars" doesn't always mean ADDED sugar because as has been pointed out, the natural sugars occurring in dairy products are permissable.

I found a whey protein powder that had almost zero fat and negligible carbs, and thought of buying it to use for a quick meal (with e.g. skim milk, an egg, splenda, a bit of fat-free cocoa powder etc) but decided not to, as it was pretty expensive and I figured real food was a better option!

The main things to remember are, ultra low fat and absolute minimum carbs. You'll get there! I have been on this WOE since October and am now about 37 pounds down!

Hey FireAngel - I am in the states too - FL - I can send you some ideas of things I buy if you want?

Please can someone post the yogurts that ARE allowed on the diet in the uk as I'm struggling to find any without sugar. Have found an Irish one called Diet yoghurt which has fruit pulp and limiting myself to one a day but would like a vanilla or coconut "flavoured" as mentioned in the book.

Also could someone tell me what is meant by "tolerated" as I'm wondering if I'm having to much extra light cream cheese which may be why I've struggled to lose more than 4lbs in 2 weeks!

Thank you.

Hello there,

The lowest carb and sugar yoghurts on the UK market would be the Total 0% and you can then flavour them yourselves. Otherwise I simply eat sweetened fat free quark.

Where tolerated ingredients are concerned, these are simply foods he allows us to have IF we're happy with our weight loss. I post here the list (which might well have been amended AGAIN on the official site, but it's hard to keep up!) and another great post from Atropos as to why, yes, these tolerated foods can stall our weight loss.

Hope these are helpful.

Here you go:

list of tolerated foods is only on the Coaching Site and not in the book (think it gets updated/adapted regularly much to the chagrin of veteran Dukaneers on here ;)):

• Tolerated food is food you can have starting from the Cruise phase.
    You must remember that you are allowed of two items per day.
    Fat free fruit yogurts (with bits) 1
  • Plain soya yogurt 1
  • Corn Flour 20g
  • 3% fat cream (double or single) 30g (1 tbs)
  • 1 coffee spoon of sugar free low fat cocoa powder (no more than 20% fat)
  • Wine (red/white) for cooking 3 tbs
  • Spiced Goat sausage 50g
  • Poultry sausage 100g
  • Soya milk (glass) 15cl
  • 7% fat cheese 30g
  • Rhubarb (cooked) 100g
  • Oil 3 drops (3g)
  • Gaspacho (not home made) one glass
  • Soy sauce 1 tsp
  • Extra light Philidelphia 30g
  • Light cheese like laughing cow 30g
  • Custard Powder as "Bird" 1 table spoon per day with sweetener and skimmed milk
http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/2...-your-car.html (Why Tolerated Items are the like the brakes on your car…)

;)

Back