Psychology of dieting

Hey AJ...whats the site? :)

Wouldn't mind a read myself although facing it makes me worry more about it!:mad:

Hey AJ...whats the site? :)

Wouldn't mind a read myself although facing it makes me worry more about it!:mad:

I actually got this article from a word doc that someone sent me, so I haven't visited the site. I should imagine it's National Centre For Eating Disorders - effective treatment for all forms of eating disorders

Please don't worry about it though. We all know that maintenance can be tough for some people whilst others seem to cope fine. I do sometimes wonder whether I'm the only person that struggles though!

Why I found it so interesting was their research showed that my first diet might have caused my eating and perception problems rather than me just being crazy.

Forewarned means you are one step ahead of the game. What is done is done. The face that they've said doesn't change anything. You can still maintain your new weight....they haven't disproved that ;)

The website's called ...

eating-disorders.org.uk

I went on last night and printed of the original article quoted from plus a few more. I was particularly interested in the article about compulsive overeating - I think it was written for me!

Forewarned is indeed forearmed.

Thank you again Karion for bringing this article/site to our attention.

sorry i am bumpimgbthis so i am subscribed to it.
plus very informative for me.

No need to apologise. It's an interesting article. Kind of scary I know, but it highlighted (to me anyway) about how important it was that when I got down to goal, I came right out of the dieting mindset.

The main problem wasn't the food or the weight, it was my relationship with food.

Better stuff about the physiological stuff in the setpoint thread (sticky in LL forum) I think :) Think you've seen that though Tryer :)

Back