PSYLLIUM HUSKS...YET AGAIN!!

RED

Look i'm reading and re-reading posts here just to reassure myself that psyllium husks are ok... i have had the porridge once a day 3 days in a row and use one heaped teaspoon of psyllium husk powder in this...right now i am beginning to think that this is toooo good to be true as I am loving it and not struggling at all...
SO IS THIS OK???
DOES ANYONE/HAS ANYONE USED IT EVERYDAY??
My weight loss is fine but I'm new to PH:confused:

When I'm on SS, I have psyllium husks EVERY DAY to prevent constipation (that's how it's meant to be used :) )

Glad to hear you're enjoying the porrige.

I am so glad to hear that thanks Russian Doll... I just had a savoury drink..added less than half a teaspoon of the PH and some tabasco sauce...WOW!! Its like havin an extra meal!!!
I think I'll save that for desperate times rather than every day...to be honest with all the recipies I feel rather satisfied!!!

LL say not to use it...there's whole thread on why. Some people seem ok with it some dont! My loss started up again when I stopped but it could have been a multiude of things so just keep an eye on it! I also found it no good for getting rid of constipatio & found dulcolax much better...

LL say not to use it...there's whole thread on why. Some people seem ok with it some dont! My loss started up again when I stopped but it could have been a multiude of things so just keep an eye on it! I also found it no good for getting rid of constipatio & found dulcolax much better...

I think, as with most things, what suits some people doesn't suit others. It's wise to monitor how things go but 'technically' pure PH powder with no digestive aids added (probiotics) shouldn't adversley affect a VLCD as it can't actually be digested: it's only the outer husk of the seed. However, that's not to say that I'm discounting what people say regarding the effect they say PH has had on them. I'm sure if it had seemed to negatively affect my weight loss, I'd have stopped taking it too. Incidentally - PH isn't meant to get rid of constipation - it's designed to prevent it :)

Like I say though ... it's a good idea to try these things out, monitor how it affects the weight loss and then make a decision as to whether it's for you. Hearing about different experiences helps us all to make informed decisions :)

I finally got into ketosis yesterday and noticed today the stick was alot lighter...maybe i knocked myself out???
Well Im not feeling hungry...I'll give my PH a break for a few days and see what happens...was also quite liberal with the tabasco so maybe that....?? I'll watch it and see...mmmm

(Damn...I knew it was too good to be true!!:cry: )

Well that told me!! I did get knocked out of ketosis I have had a ruff day and even broke and ate feel really sick at the moment my stomach is in agony and I didnt even eat alot!!! It was soooooooooooo not worth it cant wait to carry on tomorrow...got rid of the ph and tabasco!!:cry:

Back