Pudding's Ponderings

Another day of the ruddy aches, which is really annoying! I wanted to do the 30-day shred today, but whilst it may help the weight this week, it's not going to help the M.E. side of things so I'm going to be sensible and take a slower weight loss (hey, I've been fat all my life; 42yrs going on...I can afford a year for it to come off!)

PV
Wednesday Menu

B: For breakfast I made the Dukan Jaffa Cake recipe, but instead of using SF orange jelly I used Dukan's apple crumble flavouring. (2tbl oatbran, 2 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/4 tsp baking powder, Dukan flavouring) Anyway they came out really yummy!

L: Rump steak with grilled mushrooms, tomatoes and 1 fried egg (Fry Light used)

D: Chicken saag (4 x small skinless chicken thighs, onions, garlic, saag curry spice mix, spinach and 1tbl Quark) with a side of steamed green beans

Edit: made a bit of a menu swap half way through day.

Last edited:
I read about your ME. I obviously know nothing, so I shall apologise in advance for what I'm about to say if it's totally ridiculous. But, with my arthrosis, I often get the aches too. Walking helps. Sounds daft but true. Sometimes, leaving my building in the morning, I feel I need to be put on one of those stretching tables where my limbs would be pulllled and the ache would go. Walking is my arthrosis saviour.

I do feel for you. I have a friend who's had ME for years like you.

But, with my arthrosis, I often get the aches too. Walking helps. Sounds daft but true. Sometimes, leaving my building in the morning, I feel I need to be put on one of those stretching tables where my limbs would be pulllled and the ache would go. Walking is my arthrosis saviour.

Oh I totally understand where you're coming from on that, don't worry :)

Unfortunately with ME it doesn't help (wish it did because I'm an outdoorsy type and LOVE walking), because the cause of the aches is actual damage to the soft tissue/muscle. Basically we all slowly put wear and tear on our bodies during the day and when we sleep at night we enter various stages of sleep, one of which is called Delta which is a deep sleep during which time the body repairs and regenerates tissues, builds bone and muscle and strengthens the immune system. One of the problems with people with ME is that they enter Delta sleep less often or for shorter periods than other people and therefore their bodies don't repair/regenerate as well so the aching is actually unrepaired damage. So with more exercise you get into a vicious cycle where sleep isn't repairing and exercise is making the damage worse.

I do feel for you. I have a friend who's had ME for years like you.

It's a big old pain in the butt! Mine is mostly managed now and rarely impacts on my life, but every now and then if I've been pushing things too hard or work is quite stressful, it 'rears up'. I'm pretty good at getting it back under control again though :)

Thanks for you kind suggestions though, really nice of you to take an interest :)

Very interesting information indeed. I wonder why ME isn't universally accepted as a condition? (Or perhaps it is now, but I do recall my friend having had issues in the past...)

Urggh - total screw-up yesterday! I was doing well until the evening when I had an almighty argument with my Ex on the phone and reverting to bad 'coping' habits.....in short I ate a whole tube of Pringles and washed them down with a bottle of white wine.

Feeling very peed off with myself today for letting myself be driven back to comfort eating mechanisms. Well, nothing I can do about it, it's done. I'm back on track today, giving myself a good talking to. My official weigh-in today is Monday so I suppose I'll probably pay the price then!

PP Saturday Menu

B: Turkey breast steak with 2 dry fried eggs
L: Red Thai chicken curry (1 x chicken breast, red thai curry paste, stock, 1tbl Quark)
D: Baked garlic chicken (2 x chicken breast, rolled in egg, coated with 2bl oatbran w/ garlic, herbs). Pudding of 2tbl FF fromage frais with 1/2 packet of SF strawberry jelly crystals mixed in

like u say nothing you can do about it now so dont feel guilty - well done on getting back on track :) have a good sunday pud x

Thanks Chris!

I stuck on track yesterday and today I'm even managing not to beat myself up mentally!

PV Sunday Menu:

B: Oatbran galette with a turkey breast steak
L: Cold Peri Peri chicken legs (homemade) with cottage cheese
D: Extra lean beef mince chilli con carne (Tesco extra lean mince, onion, garlic, mushroom, tin of tomatoes, chilli powder, worcester sauce)

I'm away on business early in the morning for a couple of day so I've been planning ahead on that. I've cooked up some oatbran muffins and a galette I'll take for my breakfasts. I've put some Splenda in a little pot and will take one of my Dukan flavourings so I can buy some FF yogurt and sweeten/flavour it. Apart from that I'm planning to buy cooked meats/smoked salmon and cottage cheese to get by on.

Official weigh in day today that I managed to do before running for the train. 2lbs on so 2 days later looks like my blip had an effect on the scales. Urgh!

Had a cold galette with cold turkey breast before I left home. Not sure what lunch/dinner will be yet; will have to see what I can pick up where I am for next two days.

Back