Puddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the lemon meringue and also make orange meringue pie too. I could just eat the mixture as it is without cooking - tastes like mousse - yum

Not good lol I need to try again. I only had 150g quark left so tried to halve the recipe it sooooo didn't work the base was very eggy like scrabbled egg....... any tips?
Marie xx

Hi
well I had another go at the lemon meringue but did a different version and its yummmyyyy!!!!!

300g Mixed plain Yoghurt I used normal plain yoghury (v low fat) and some 0% total

1 Lemon

4 tablespoons of sweetener (or enough for your tastes) for the base

5 tablespoons sweetener (or enough for you tastes) for the meringue

3 Eggs seperated

1 sachet gelatine

I mixed the yoghurt together with the sweetener and lemon then added the egg yolks.

I then put this mixture in a glass bowl over a pan with boiling water and heated gently to cook the egg yolk. for about 10 mins

i then added the gelatine by sprinkling it over the mixture and mixed it in well.

I then poured this mixture into an oven proof flan dish.

Then I added the sweetener to the egg whites and whisked them up into meringue until they were stiff.

I spread the meringue on a greaseproof tray and baked for 10 mins till brown.

While the meringue was cooking I let the base chill, and when it was set I popped the cooked top on ans ta Dah! lol

Its really nice xxxx and great if you're not a quark lover

Gonna try and invent a baked cheesecake next xxx

Marie xxx

Hey Marie, thanks for this. I was wondering if a FF or yogurt twist would work. I did try the original receipe - it was certainly nice but was really more cheesecake + meringue for me. I'm going to re-try it with your method now - fingers crossed for more of the gooey pie I was really expecting. :) Chris

I made the first recipe for the lemon meringue. I was so excited as ive only been on this diet for 2 weeks (lost 7lb so far) and im loving all the food i can eat!
Anyway i dont know if its maybe im not keen on quark but mine tasted like lemon scrambled eggs with a kind of sunken meringue on top:sigh:
Its my fave dessert usually so im going to try the other recipe with the yogurt in it..and practice my meringue technique...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back