Puddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG.....I've just made the fruit roulade from the recipe a few posts above this......................absolutely gorgeous!

Fruit Roulade on Puddings recipes sticky

You really must try this, it is fabulous and only half syn the whole thing!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mindy
FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

a lady from my group made this roulade and fetched it in it was gorgeous.

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED LOT MORE LOL)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK,
BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( I PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THE SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

These are wonderful

I thought these were really nice, I put nutella on top too!! definately satisfied my need for chocolate!!! and not too many syns Thanks so much for sharing this

Chocolate lumpy bumps
(1.5 sins each on either day)
Makes roughly 20 small ‘lumps’
Ingredients;
5 oz wholemeal flour – 22.5 sins
2 sachets Hi Lites dairy fudge – 4 sins
8 good tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 tsp vanilla essence
_ tsp bicarbonate of soda
4-5 good teaspoons of vanilla yoghurt
1 egg
Method;
Mix all well together so it is of dropping consistency. Drop small spoonfuls
onto a baking tray lined with non stick baking parchment.
Cook for 25 minutes on Gas 5/ 400 until hardened on the outside.
They can also be piped using a piping bag with a wide nozzle.
Warning: They are kind of more-ish....

this is lovely thanks for sharing the recipe

This is so nice and spongy, I was really nervous about cooking with chickpeas but I have been so suprised, I cant taste them and I have really enjoyed this cake-would highly recommend

hi thought i would add this one.

I think it is only about 1/2 sin per whole cake, on green. someone at my class last week bought one in as a taster but used almond extract and it was yum. Hard to believe it is made out of chick peas.

Chickpea Cake

chickpea-cake.jpg

Preparation Time: 15 mins

Cooking Time: 25 mins

Recipe makes 8 servings

89.2 calories per serving

Ingredients

250 g Chick Peas, Tinned, Organic, Tesco
5 g Vanilla Extract, Average or Almond extract
1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
3 Egg/168g Eggs, Medium, Average
100g Cheese, Quark, Average
25 g Sweetener, Granulated

Method

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees

1. Spray a 7 inch cake tin with fry light and leave to one side.

2. Drain the chick peas and rinse thoroughly with water.

3. Place the chick peas in a blender and blend until smooth then add the eggs and blend again.

4. Add the sweetener, vanilla extract and baking powder.

5. Blend again until mixed in.

6. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in the over for 20 mins or until it has risen and is firm to touch.

7. Take out the over and leave to cool.

Whilst the cake is cooling place one tub of quark in a bowl and add sweetener to taste then mix together.

Once the cake has cooled cut in half and add half the quark mixture and sandwich the 2 halves together.

Spread the remaining quark on top of the cake and add some fresh fruit for decoration.

Nutrition Data per serving

Calories (kcal)

Carbohydrate (g)

Protein (g)

Fat (g)

Fibre (g)

Alcohol (g)

Fruit & Veg

Cheats Cheesecake

I discovered this when I was SW member about 5 years ago.... to this day I love this snack! :eek:

Ryveta
Quark
Fruit Spread (Lidl do a strawberry one which is only 90odd cals per 100g)

Take Ryveta, slather on Quark (nice n thick) then plop on a little of the Fruit spread.... Munch & enjoy! :eat:

Unfortunately I dont know how many syns it is and as I cant currently afford to rejoin sw I cant calculate but i dont think it will be many. If I remember correctly Quark is free on both, a slice of ryveta used to be 2 syns? and if anyone has access to the syn calculater etc it should be easy to calculate...

Maybe someone can help out on this?

thanks in advance!

Just made the "Fruit Roulade" and it was delish!!

Going to make it on Sunday as am having my auntie stay the weekend with my mum.

id recommed everyone to make his if they are `pudding` fans

hi ladies. i didn't read all the pages but i read the first 7 and i have to say the chickpea/couscous cakes are not as low syn as you think they are. if you use them as a flour substitute they are not free anymore.

hi ladies. i didn't read all the pages but i read the first 7 and i have to say the chickpea/couscous cakes are not as low syn as you think they are. if you use them as a flour substitute they are not free anymore.

Is this true?
I was thinking about making the cous cous cake for a party on friday, but if so perhaps i should make the roulade instead.

in your food optimising book it says "unless used as a substitute for flour, if so these foods have a syn value" or something like that

some of those deserts look and sound delicious, just copied syn free lemon merginue pies - I love lemon meringue pie (syn free amazing!!) along with the fluffy chocolate mouse and Lemon mouse.

Thanks for the great recipes that are put on this site, its really great.
Sue

I'm having a go at this one :) It's in the oven now...mmmmmmmmmmm :fingerscrossed:

I've just made this and it is gorgeous :)

Mincemeat (the fruit one not the meat one) cous cous cake

4oz cous cous
3 eggs
3 tablespoons sweetener
2 level tablespoons mincemeat
juice from 1 lemon

Heat the oven to 180

soak the cous cous in boiling water (normally use double the height of cous cous) add the sweetener and lemon juice with the water, stir and wait for it to soak in.

Add the mincemeat

qhisk the eggs then add them too and mix well.

Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for 40 mins

The whole cake is only 2 sins on a green day!!!

newbie here just wanted to add my bit to the chickpea cake bit I have made this a few times and although its fiddly i think its worth removing the skin from the chickpeas by soaking them first. I made a lemon cake using the zest in the actual cake and then pouring lemon juice over it when it's cooked making holes with a skewer first scrummy you can taste the chickpeas a bit but it really is lovely infact i'm going to have to buy some chickpeas tomorrow now:)

My other half thinks the chickpea cake sounds hideous and I must say i am fascinated by it, so I am going to try it and feed it the OH just to see what the reaction is. You know what they say don't judge until u have tried it right?? I'll let u know :D

fruit roulade

trying to make it into artic roll

took blackberries out freezer put some sweetner over them makes a little sauce

took some ice cream let it melt a little spread over add blackberries roll up pop back in freezer low syn pud:)

TInkerbell85 your photos on facebook of your food is amazing! How often do you update it?

I got the recipe for this chocolate cake from somewhere on the forum, can't find the post for the life of me or I'd quote it. The recipe I got said to cut the cake in half and spread a filling in the middle, but my cake was too thin to do that so I sort of made a kind of icing thing for it. I worked this out at 10syns for the whole cake, about 1 syn for a small slice. Here's the recipe I followed..

for the cake-
6 eggs
4tbsp cocoa powder
9 tbsp splenda
2 tsp vanilla essence

for the "icing"-
tub quark
2tsp of orange flavouring, altho in future I would only use 1tsp
6tbsp splenda

Whisk egg whites until stiff. In seperate bowl whisk egg yolks with vanilla essence and splenda, add a quarter of the egg white and beat together.

Add cocoa a tbsp at a time gently folding into the mix, once added fold in the rest of the whites.

Pour into a cake tin and bake in oven on 180degrees for about 15 - 20 mins (the original recipe asked for 10 mins but mine took longer!)

For the icing, beat the quark with the splenda and orange flavouring. Spread over top of cake once cooled and decorate with any fruit of your choice, I used satsumas as I'm addicted to them just now.

I wasn't too keen on the quark mixture and scraped it off of the slice I had, my bf seemed to enjoy it though so give it a go you might like it.

This pic doesn't do it justice!

Attachments

• 2eeeo2r.jpg
    2eeeo2r.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 397
Just wondered if anyone has made the key lime pie from the new mag. I had it on xmas day and nobody knew it was sw recepie till I told them. They all loved it so today I thought I would try it with the orange sf jelly and orange muller light yogurt and added small splash of fresh orange juice and it was just as good. Will now have to try a strawberry version lol. If you need the recepie for key lime pie just give me shout and I will post it if anyone wants to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back