Puggso_32 - 4lb, the food dairy wins!!!!

Hi Puggs just wondering would it not be better to have breakfast as dieticians seem to say it is the most important meal of the day also a bit worried re taking sleeping pills you can tell me to keep my nose out if you like lol just concerned x.

Just a quicky while my mate is out of the room.

Today has been a breeze. So much for 6pm entry in tears :D

Mandy, I'll give you a reply when I get in tonight :)

Hi Puggs just wondering would it not be better to have breakfast as dieticians seem to say it is the most important meal of the day also a bit worried re taking sleeping pills you can tell me to keep my nose out if you like lol just concerned x.

Ok I am back home, finally so can reply to you :)

The thing with missing breakfast today is more because I am out my house at 7.15am to get my train. I feel that is far too early for breakfast of any sort as it is not the time I would have it on another day.

About the pills, I probably shouldn't call them that. They are "Traditional Herbal Remeby Sleep Aid" by Tesco. I cannot sleep in a dark quiet room, always need to sleep with a DVD on. Unfortunately this can waken me when it plays over the menu once whatever I am watching is done. The aids are not strong sedatives or anything of the sort, more just seem to ease me into sleep a bit better. I could easily take them and then go out and go about my normal routine.

I do appreciate the concern, it is nice to know people read and care. If I felt anything was wrong I would come off them, the same way I promised myself I would come off the shake diet if I felt anything wrong. Hopefully they are fine.

Thanks again though :)

Im glad Stephen you seem very sensible re the pills and the diet Im probably just doing the mum thing lol good luck for the rest of the way x.

How many calories a day are you aiming for?

Irene xx

My aim has always been to not go over 1500.

I am kind of experimenting this week with how little I can eat without beginning to feel hungry/getting weak etc. And today I have had roughly all in....1100 calories and feel quite chipper. I just had some soup and bread as I knew I had to really eat something else just to remain normal. I wasn't overly hungry though.

I am also avoiding the scales like the plague and going the whole week without weighing myself so I will go into me WI with no idea of how I have done.

Im glad Stephen you seem very sensible re the pills and the diet Im probably just doing the mum thing lol good luck for the rest of the way x.

Yeah my mum was the same about both the diet and the pills. But I think she has worked out by now - due to not being an unruly teen - that I will do it if I please. I tend to just go through wee fads with things like this anyway.

Thanks for the luck :)

Hiya

I'm not on shakes or anything - though if I get to stalemate point - I'll head that route.

I find if I eat ANYTHING in the morning I could eat my own leg by lunch time... then I'll want lunch - then something later on. I just can't do it. That's what got me into this mess. Before I got married I never ate breakfast and lunch was a rarity.

I "restarted" - meaning it this time.... on 6th January.

I've cut out all the junk and just trying reduced intake and healthy eating.

I had a cup of tea before going to work - and 3 cups of tea during the day. I ate nothing at all until I got home tonight after work and doing the ponies about 7.30pm. I didnt actually fancy a meal tonight, so it was kind of a nibbly dinner

Tonight - I've had the following - so this is my total day intake

packet of mixed seafood - 88kcal per 100g / 220g packet
two large oranges
on banana
a 200g punnet of blueberries
1 Dr Krug pumpkin seed and emmental cracker 100kcal - lightly spread with primula cheese
cup of coffee

I'm stuffed - that's been over about 3 hours.

Yesterday, I had a 3 egg omlette with some cherry tomatoes and a chopped up butchers sausage. A bananna and an orange... tea and coffee during the day and a glass of pink fizz wine (deadly - one glass and I'm hammered !!!!)

I'm aiming to have lost 2 stone by the end of March and am pretty much on target. Not due a weigh in yet for two days - but am showing about a 2lb loss so far this week - even despite my carb fest crisis from Sunday.

I've got chicken fillets out the freezer tomorrow and I'll have one of those with a tomato and chilli sauce and plenty fresh green type veg - then whatever fruit I fancy. Oh will likely have pasta with his and skip the veg !

If I have a real sugar craving, I'll have a couple of marshmallows. Ok - plenty sugar, but at least no fat and takes away any sugar cravings. Has to be a good 10 days or more since I last had any though

Hope maybe this helps a little...

Hiya

I'm not on shakes or anything - though if I get to stalemate point - I'll head that route.

I find if I eat ANYTHING in the morning I could eat my own leg by lunch time... then I'll want lunch - then something later on. I just can't do it. That's what got me into this mess. Before I got married I never ate breakfast and lunch was a rarity.

All great information, highlighted the top part in the quote as I feel I am the exact same as you on that part. Never been a breakfast eater and never felt it cause a problem in the past. Don't feel having a breakfast was an issue either but I can last as long with a breakfast as I can without.

The rest of what you typed was interesting, certainly know what you are doing...sure you will do well :)

Wandered around tesco today and found something I nearly cried at. A 200g healthy pizza thing. 400cal! Nearly knelt and prayed to a God. Not had pizza in ages. Gonna have that tonight along with some healthy living oven chips :D

I've had a chicken breast chopped into little bits mixed with some tinned tomatoes and a bit too much chilli - and some gnocchi.... followed by a couple of oranges... I'm now bursting at the seams ! Gnocchi is fairly high kcal - about 400 in 1/2 a packet - so ... whatever I've had I'm well under 1000kcal for the day.

Roll on weigh in tomorrow...

Edited to add.... Breakfast for me i bad news - lunch is worse. Have breakfast and I've got to have lunch and nibbles.

I know it's not ideal - but if I can get back into what used to be my routine and stay in it - hopefully that's enough to keep me on track

I've had a chicken breast chopped into little bits mixed with some tinned tomatoes and a bit too much chilli - and some gnocchi.... followed by a couple of oranges... I'm now bursting at the seams ! Gnocchi is fairly high kcal - about 400 in 1/2 a packet - so ... whatever I've had I'm well under 1000kcal for the day.

Roll on weigh in tomorrow...

Edited to add.... Breakfast for me i bad news - lunch is worse. Have breakfast and I've got to have lunch and nibbles.

I know it's not ideal - but if I can get back into what used to be my routine and stay in it - hopefully that's enough to keep me on track

I'm liking this diary within a diary :D

I have a shake about mid afternoon along with a pack of snack a jack popcorn (49 calories!)

I should also point out I have crackerbreads (20 cal in 1, plus whatever topping) throughout the day. Ie 2 with butter before leaving the house. These probably equal the calories I burn between walking everywhere, playing my pipes etc etc.

your diary makes me even more hungry! *dribbling*

Jus x

I'm not doing much other than being at a desk during the day (Mon > Fri) - will be different when the clocks change.... I came to work 9am yesterday and left at 8.30pm.

I could have eaten my own leg by the time I got home right enough !

At weekends I've got plenty to do between work in the field such as clearing up, fencing repairs, been digging to plant vegetables and riding the ponies... so I tend to have a goahead bar or something durign the day to keep me going

14 March - Large and in charge

First off I am quite proud of the title of this thread, I thought of it while walking to uni today and would have patted myself on the back for how smart I felt if I wasn't in public.

So what the hell am I on about I hear you ask? Well while rummaging about for a t-shirt to wear this morning I came across an Iron Maiden one that was formerly my little brothers. The size was large. Now since I remember buying my own clothes, starting at about 14 I have always bought XL t-shirts and hoodies.

I don't think sizes affect guys as much as girls as I know - from shopping with girls a few times - your sizes for a lot of things are a more exact science. Most guy stuff seems to follow the S/M/L/XL route meaning it can be quite a big margin of error in between sizes.

So this change to a large t-shirt was quite a big thing for me. I doubt every large would fit as you get some strange discrepancies in sizes. Remember once going out in my wee brothers large shirt because his XL one wouldn't fit! Sometimes wonder were manufacturers get their size ideas from.

I have no idea what size I am now in jeans. I have never sat on a perfect size, ranging anything between 36 and 40 as I wouldn't try on in the shop, just grab and go.

It is one thing I am looking forward to is a wee overhaul of my wardrobe but that will have to wait a while yet. Hopefully by the end of the summer.

I have my graduation date now, 2nd July. So let's call it 3 and a half months away. I reckon I could be down 3 stone by then, it is possible but don't wont to set a target on it. I have my two stone (above that now after last week lol) target to get by first before I reassess the situation.

And in general I feel I have had a really good week eating wise. I have not had a single binge and have not felt the need to either. The things I said I was changing last week seem to have helped. Hopefully this will reflect how I WI on Monday.

Going out for a few drinks tomorrow before and after the football with a couple guys from my pipe band. One supports the same team as me - Greenock Morton - and the other supports Partick Thistle who we are playing. Should mean for some good banter.

How is everyone else doing these days? :)

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

a hate is when female sizes are in letters.. (LOL).. cos typically.. a small is a 6/8.. a small is an 8/10.. a medium is a 10/12.. and so on and so forth..
it really upset one of my friends.. well friends sister.. she is normally a large.. which to be honest. is about a size 12ish.. but she isnt large.. and she isnt overweight.. i think she has a good figure.. and she got a top off my friend (her sister) in a large.. and it didnt fit.. it was quite upsetting for her.. cos she does have body issues..
i hate living in a world where an xtra large is a bl**dy size 14.. LOL..

But indeed.. well done me lovie.

x x x

A fabulsous feeling Stevie-babe.......fabulous

I remember when I tried on a pir of size 20 trousers, never expecting them to fit...and they did.....wow....I thought I was Kate Moss.....so much more confidence and so much self-inspiration.

Keep going hon, graduation tux around the corner....smooth, suave, bond look:D

This year's Summer Ball for our school, I intened to get the size 24 dress that I'm wearing in my before pics in my sig downsized to a 10/12. I'm a 12/14 right now, that dress cost me about 600 pounds last year and I only wore it once.....

Keep going hon, graduation tux around the corner....smooth, suave, bond look:D

What you think I am...English? :rolleyes:

Kilt all the way!!!! Seeing as I own two of them I'd be stupid to fork out on anything else :D

you didn't need to ... hehehe

Ah but see I tend to not follow that tradition as I usually crash at someone in my bands house in Glasgow and since she lets me share her bed rather than kip on the couch it is only good form to not be bollock naked I feel :D

Back