Puggso_32 - THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE NEW THREAD (details within)

Go pessioptimistic dude, GO!!!

Aren't Scots kinda renowned for their cynicism and pessimism?

Good luck :D ( not that you'll need it ;) :D )
x

Go pessioptimistic dude, GO!!!

Aren't Scots kinda renowned for their cynicism and pessimism?

I like to think I'm different...I'm not really :p

Good luck :D ( not that you'll need it ;) :D )
x

Cheers, I need some luck now and then!

And major congrats on your loss! That's quite incredible!

As I tend to do, I have suddenly hit a brick wall.

Not that I have had a bad week, in fact I have had a really good week, but I have just been feeling totally 'meh' to the shakes for a couple of weeks.

To do something fully you have to be fully committed. Even with me going out of my way to get the shakes and what not I haven't felt fully committed.

I got to thinking in work today, as it was either that or working, about how many calories I take in a day and how I could work that minus the shakes. I reckon I take about 1700 in a day at the moment between shakes = 450, main meal of about 900 and other sundry bits and bobs.

I am strongly considering giving up the shakes for a while and switching to calorie control again. 1700 a day spread out in a balanced nature. Say like 400 for breaky, 250 at lunch (I know what this 250 would be so I am not undershooting incase anyone thinks that ;) ) about 900 for a main meal then still some left over for whenever I want.

I'll need to do more thinking on it, but may postpone my WI for tomorrow. I am feeling really weak today for some reason and reckon I best get a decent amount of calories in me before pipe band practice tonight as doing that when weak is just no fun at all.

I'll let you all know what I decide :)

Best o' luck, sometimes food all round does the trick better after a while than shakes and food...listen to your body...

Right Saturday is now WI day for me. I never go out Friday nights so don't see it being a problem.

I haven't been very well behaved after coming off the shakes but I have tried what I will be doing during working hours and it has worked pretty well.

Basically I have a breakfast of some sort hitting around 400 calories before leaving the house.

At lunch time I tend to have an apple, a pack of snack-a-jack popcorn and a cuppa soup. This will be about 210 calories, then a cuppa soup at my afternoon. break, adding about 70 calories.

This will leave me with about 1000 to play about with as I see fit. I could use them all on my main evening meal or I could eat less then and have something later on too.

As expected, the gain today has been horrible. But I put that down to a couple of things; 1 - I am now eating solids a lot more, 2 - I didn't exactly 'prepare' for the WI (I know...everyone has their things to do before jumping on the scales...I didn't do any today), 3 - I have ate a lot of nice tasting things lately.

But this doesn't detract. I will get to where I want to be. I sit now on my bebo and look at pictures from over 2 years ago and wonder how I actually managed to live like that! I am definitely a much happier and confident individual now and even do not too bad, although not amazing, with the ladies! Something I was always hopeless with!

I will use this diary a lot more as a good diary, that always worked well for me.

But you people need to make sure I don't slip on this....if you see a lack of a diary some day from me get me shouted at! It's the only way I'll learn! :p

Breakfast: 2 Tecos's weetabix and a slever of semi skimmed milk - 190 cals
Danish toast and cheese spead - 160
4 crackerbread and a scraping of light butter - 100

450 - Over the 400 I am meant to have. And you know why?! Because I can't count. I wrote down (I have the train ticket I found lying around to take notes on) in front of me and I wrote down the amount for one slice of bread rather than two! Oh and I work in finance! Hiya!

It's ok though, I did 45 minutes on the bike this morning and also walked about 25 minutes to do a piping gig...so piped too!

Hi Stephen had lost your diary for a while glad to see your doing well and you look great x

Your gain is due to glycogen and water dude...nothing more...we will be cracking whips at your heels (or your bottom if you are so inclined *wink*) if needs be : )

I am 6 pounds over what I usually weigh due to glycogen storage from Easter...someone actually said I look more healthy at this weight?! Pfffft!

Hi Stephen had lost your diary for a while glad to see your doing well and you look great x

Hey! Thanks very much! :)

Your gain is due to glycogen and water dude...nothing more...we will be cracking whips at your heels (or your bottom if you are so inclined *wink*) if needs be : )

I am 6 pounds over what I usually weigh due to glycogen storage from Easter...someone actually said I look more healthy at this weight?! Pfffft!

I don't know where I'd prefer to be whipped...I actually think the heels would hurt a hell of a lot more! :eek:

Had 2 and a half bowls of home made soup, 2 bits of danish bread, 4 crackerbreads and cheese spread, a banana and a yoghurt this evening. I don't actually know the cal count but I know it's well under so I'm ok with it :)

I'm out all day today, so will have to wait until tonight to update on everything I eat today. But will be noting it on my phone as I go along.

In the mean time, I had a beard for about 3 years, but for a two week period about 2 years ago I went without. This is what was underneath:

DSC00272.jpg

*shudders*

I took it off again in January and still wasn't utterly pleased, although it was better. It seems my face was/is the last place to show any sign of change. This one was taken last month

1732649835a10430054773l.jpg

(child not mine!)

I chose that one to show as it tends to look worse with a shirt buttoned right up so I am fairly happy with that one.

The problem is I seem to be right on the cusp of if my face drops or gains. So this is my motivation tool the now, I want a thinner face and I don't think I am far off getting it!

Weatabix - 190
4 crackerbread and cheese spread - 100
WW yoghurt - 60
Pack of salt and vinegar squares while at practice - 108

About to have tea, haggis neeps and tatties. Honestly dont know the calories so I'm gonna give it 800 to be on the safe side.

So 1258 so far for today

Love that last pic of you. You look so different and years younger too.

Like your new ideas about diet. Sometimes your body just needs a bit of a change.

Irene xx

Love that last pic of you. You look so different and years younger too.

Like your new ideas about diet. Sometimes your body just needs a bit of a change.

Irene xx

Cheers Irene. I think you are right, also it means it is back in my mind all the time rather than just blending in to part of my every day life. It always has the be the forefront!

Totally agree with Irene, you look loads happier :)
Oh and haggis, neeps and tatties?? I'm jealous lol Seems like a year since I had that, well actually it is a year lol. Hope you enjoyed them :D
xx

Back