Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

2 days in now and I'm doing well - we ate in a cafe in the country park earlier and while I'd normally have had a bowl of chips and vegi burger, I opted for just the vegi burger with salad. :) I even ate Adele's salad! lol

Morning all that read this! lol
Schools are back today so up bright n' early. LO is up but eldest is still in bed.
Weighed myself this morning - 198.5lb so down 2.5lbs which is GREAT news.. this is 14st 3lb if i switch the scales over, if I could make it back in the 13's for a while I'd be ultra happy but am still of mind that just being healthier is good.
My 'goal' is to be healthy up to xmas so that I can be naughty over xmas and not feel guilty! lol
The nearer I am to normal bmi after birth the less work I still have to do. I was 31 bmi when I fell pregnant. :)

Anyway.. that is my thinking. Feeling great pregnancy wise, baby was awake again last night till 1am, hubby was feeling her jumping around like a jumping bean in bed, he is amazed by it! lol I forget he doesn't feel it all the time so it's a novelty still! lol She was kicking my insides hard last night so I was squirming a bit at times. lol
We had a cuddle and DH 'bumped' my bump a bit when moving in close - baby moved right up into my right side bless her! lol is still strange being able to 'feel her' as I never did with Erin till later on from what I remember.

Am still getting tightenings when walking more than a few minutes (pain when it comes to dog walks as it's cutting me short), I'll speak to my MW about them next wednesday when I see her.

Well the dilemma of college starts again now, I am off for my interview and assessment tonight (6pm and am nervous) lol. If i get accepted the course starts on the 14th Sept!!! Part time 2 days a week - so if i'm accepted I'll have to make up my mind with DH one way or another about what happens re feeding baby when she's born as that will affect my being out of hte house for 2 days a week etc. I really do want to BF but know that if I take the course then really I'll be limiting that if I can't get it established right.

Had a mum at school come up to me this morning.. she never talks to me normally has only ever smiled occasionally. She made comments about my pregnancy and that 'people are talking'... DH was furious but honestly to hell with them, I think it'll be a couple of her neighbours - one of which knew our foster child and she was prone to lying and had told everyone she was being moved as I am pregnant - which isn't true it was due to her behaviour and her comments / actions towards our youngest. Still annoying though.
Well anyway.. to hell with them and their *****iness! lol I did well to smile sweetly this morning and jsut said 'I'd like to know WHO was saying things' which implied I'd have something to say to them! lol DH said he was proud of me when we walked away as he knows I'm capable of fighting my own corner if I need to, but was very diplomatic.

Weight wise no change today.. 199lbs but still 199 and not in the 200's as I was! lol Have been good today and had pitta with houmous and salad for lunch with a pile of grapes. :)

Fingers x'd for college..

Well after seriously flunking my math assessment.. I am pleased to say I've opted out of my course.. and onto the 'pre-access' course which starts on the 14th. It runs 1 evening a week (four hours) so is much more manageable and guarantees me a place onto the full time course from Sept 2010 which means I'll finish my total course (2 years) at the same time!! Woohoo no delay for baby just a slow then fast work rate! lol
REALLY pleased! :D That I'm not opting out totally and can still work toward uni even while having baby. I think catrin agrees too as she was keeping me company in my assessments this evening! lol

Thanks Kirsty, am soooo pleased about college I can't tell you - it was really bugging me as I was 'ready' for this year, but felt I'd have to skip it once baby arrived.
As for the mum at school - not bothered, really am not - it annoyed me a little yesterday but not nearly as much as it could of. DH was more annoyed than me I think! lol
As for yours, let 'em whittle on hun ((hugs)) they'll leave some other person alone till something better comes along.

nah, bit of housework, taking rubbish to the dump and that's about it. Got Avon books to collect later - fingers x'd I get some orders! lol it's the first time i've ever door knocked for them - have some to collect from neighbours too so will do those as well. Had £200 orders last time, all paid for luckily. :)

Am still chuffed about college so just keep grinning like a mad woman! lol

it won't be a big money thing but I knew it wouldn't be. I've got £80 so far but have 10 days left yet. I am just keeping myself busy with it! lol it's work and is topping up my admin which has died a death at the moment. It's just to tick along my Self employed hours and to do something while I'm at college that isn't too hard! lol

well... today I got my accpetance leter from college! And am off to enrol tomorrow night :) Really am pleased and can't wait for monday.
Am also looking forward to my 25 week appointment - get my HiPS form so that'll be handy when that comes through. :) Am putting it towards Erin's big present - we are thinking either a Wii or a netbook - not sure which really.

Its the new government Health in Pregnancy grant. You get a form from your GP or midwife anytime from 25 weeks onwards which is sent off and everyone gets £190, it's not means tested in any way.

it's one cash payment into your bank Kirsty :)
Back later... off to mw now. :)

Hi Kirsty,
sorry wasn't back earlier, had my enrolment at college etc done too.

MW appointment went brilliantly, left graham at home as the appointment was 2pm and we've been waiting an hour the last times we've been, so he stayed home to get Adele. Turns out I got there, and was the only person in the waiting room!! I've never seen that before! lol I was in within 5 mins and that made me 5 mins early... I was home 15 mins after the appointment much to Grahams dismay! He's made every appointment since my early scan (which he couldn't make), so I know he was gutted but I hope that helped him when I pointed that out.

Baby's heartbeat was 148 today and she was kicking against the doppler! :p My uterus is dead on 25cm so right for my dates and she felt baby (lying transverse as ususal). lol I think thats when she woke her up! ;)

BP was 110 / 60 so MW was pleased.. I laughed as hadn't stopped all day! lol

College is all done and ready to go on Monday. :D

Hi PH,

congrats on getting into college thats just fab!!

Bet your so happy!

MW appointment sounds lovely as well, my baby runs away from the doppler never mind kicking it haha!

Glad things are going well for you, such a shame hubby missed the appointment, but never mind, not like hes not going to be inundated with baby soon enough!!

xxxx

thanks girls :)
Lauren - had to laugh at your baby 'running away' from doppler! :p

Well.. here I am 26 weeks - well ok it's only just gone midnight! lol
Baby is still awake as normal! She's kicking a LOT higher these days and is amazing me.
Monday I start college and can't wait!! i'm going to wish it was every day till baby is here to keep me ultra busy.. though the girls keep me busy of course lol.

Off to the beach tomorrow for a picnic lunch :) will have that in the woods but the girls are going for a swim etc first. :D

Well it's finally college day! lol less than 5 hours to go!! :talk017:

Have done my eyebrows and nails today, just chilling basically - must remember to do my eyebrows more often though! :eek: I used to get them waxed so am not used to having to do them myself! lol Feels much better having done them.

Played around with Thunder this morning and my YO's saddle, he was a star and suprised her again as he didn't move a muscle when it came to putting it on him - which I expected to be honest as he's had a few things on him now but not a saddle itself. It is too long for him but we had guessed that so gave me a size guide in length and we measured him with her gullet measurer for width of saddle. :)
So after xmas.. it's saddle shopping time! It's my birthday on 1st Feb, and am asking for a saddle as a joint xmas/birthday present as it's a big expense. Graham has known about this for a while now.

Have decided to get eldest a netbook for xmas as she uses my laptop for net and homework and I'll be needing it more so it means we won't have to share which will be good. :)

Spoke to my sister last night and she's coming to us on boxing day or the day after - she's working xmas eve but will travel down shortly after from london after seeing my cousin etc.
She'll be staying till 2nd week in january though so means she'll likely be here for baby - as I went over with Erin - if baby arrives on time then she'll miss the birth but not by much. :)

Either way will be lovely.

How did college go today? Hope it went well!!

Hi hun, got back fine, all went well - got info on what to expect, subjects etc over the next year, did intro's about us - slightly worrying how many are already aux nurses or care assistants... when it comes to Uni I'm going to have to get some experience - I rang a local ward on friday to see if I could help out on a voluntary basis - think I'll have to chase that up tomorrow to get the ball rolling if I can.

The power went at the college would you believe so we were all turfed out at 7pm!! lol DH was very surprised when I walked in teh door! lol Still, all is good and am looking forward to next week. First terms covering researching topics, composing an essay and giving presentations. With ICT thrown in too, so will fly by I'm sure but all good groundwork to next year. :)

Dont worry about experience etc, thats why you are there!!

Fantastic that it went well hunni, so pleased for you!!

You sound so happy its great!!

Saddle for christmas and birthday is what i used to have to do, its ok when you get it at christmas, but come birthday you feel cheated haha

xxxxxx

Thanks Lauren :) I am really pleased to still be doing 'something' toward training. :D i thought when baby came along I'd have to skip this year, but think it's likely for the best and a bonus of having baby of course! lol

Saddles are such a big expense aren't they! lol I don't mind the 'feeling cheated' for my birthday as know DH will be get me something little from the girls and once you get a bit older your birthdays never have the same meaning! lol Saddle will likely be bought midway between xmas and birthday anyhow. :) And xmas is always about the kids! lol

Well.. here I am SHATTERED.. sleepless nights really are kicking in and I'm worn out before baby gets anywhere near arriving!
I'm up between 2 and 5 times a night for a 'pit stop'. I'm tossing and turning, waking up with cramp or aches/pains like hips, side aching etc. I need to add a pillow but it doesn't feel right.
Am wondering if I should invest in a 'wedge' or something from mothercare as woke up at one point on my left side where my bump was killing me - on the side the muscle felt totally stretched and really was screaming at me. :sigh:
I'm going to bed earlier in the hope of having enough sleep but baby is waking me nightly kicking around as well as all this. lol
Maybe this is the 3rd trimester hitting me early! lol To think I was looking forward to it! :p

I got this ages ago and it is great. It's not cheap, but it doubles as a baby nest and toddler chair afterwards (it zips up into a big snuggly circle thing). I alternate between using that for a few nights, and using an arrangement of 4 pillow for a few nights!

Back