Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

Sounds like a lovely day out. Have a wee seat for half an hour and hopefully you will have found the energy by then xx

yeah that's what I'm hoping, sat here on the sofa with feet up on my laptop! lol
was tempted to have a lay down but I know i'll struggle to sleep tonight if I do.

Ive been meaning to ask, r laptops safe to use in pregnancy?? I was just sitting here thinking about that. Does anyone know? i sit on the chair with mine dangling on the arm of the chair. But was wondering if anyone new if this was ok

I have a tray, the ones with the beans underneath, it helps prevent the heat buildup.

that's a good idea. :) I end up with mine balanced on my legs with the vents clear! lol

I have managed half of the washing up and to water the plants! lol gotta finish off the rest of the washing up later ;)

Do they not give off radiation? I always thought it was unsafe to have them on ur lap. I always say that to OH when he sat with his on his lap. I always make my wee niece put hers on a table too

don't know to be honest, not had mine long at all.

Have spent the day in the garden today, stripped out the chicken run with hubby and turned out they'd leveled a lovely section perfect for the deck he's been doing :) So.. the base went on the weed fabric, then the deck. All perfectly level and solid. :) had to nip to Wickes for a few more boards as he hadn't bought enough but it looks fab. :) our small patio set looks great on it, table, 4 chairs and sun umbrella.. I've got my spot for the summer! ;) :p

I must admit when it was hot this morning I had to hide in the shade for a bit... but didn't do badly. :)

Hubby is planning another deck where he was originally going to put this one, as he's almost finished leveling it and we have an inflatable spa to put there. :) We'll be finishing it all off with balastrades as we're on a hill and there is a 4' or so drop off the retaining wall onto the path to the sheds. we'll need a gate too for baby once toddling but will worry about that in a year or so. Hubby is going to take the balastrades round the steps so that there is posts there to put a gate in place when we need it. :)

We're planning on recycling the chicken house ourselves as raised beds :) Will be fine as it's only just over a year old and well preserved - means I'll have beds for root veggies without all the digging! ;)

I gave hubby a big old cuddle earlier to thank him for hte deck and make sure he knows I appreciate it! :)

Really will be lovely :)

10 weeks according to my dates today.. :) 1 week till I see midwife. :D

10 weeks tomorrow according to my scan at 6 weeks. :) Either way time is ticking by! lol

Woke at 5am this morning would you believe.. head full of thoughts - appointments to make for foster child and my youngest, uni to talk to about a course I applied for in Sept.. all siwmming around my head at 5am! lol

I have spoken to my current tutor about 'shadowing' her for a while (she's an end of life counsellor) as a stepping stone between my course finishing next month and my being able to go on the next course because of having baby ;). She was really keen on my asking, which surprised me if I'm honest. Need to work out a schedule with her - not too much but maybe a few hours a week or something, maybe it'd lead to some voluntary work eventually who knows. :)

Also swimming in my head was things with foster child, we have a 'placement support' meeting on Friday - well it needs support as it'll break down pretty soon, to be honest it's really bad and it's getting to me, she is transferring her anger onto me, and more now than ever I don't need that as it's really stressful. Hubby had words with her yesterday in the end - anyway.. we'll see how the meeting goes. I don't know if I can last her living here if this is how it's going to be. :(

Not much wonder I couldn't sleep eh! lol

Aww thats a shame. Does that happen a lot with the kids u foster? Must be very difficult for all involved.

U must be looking forward to ur visit to the midwife. I havent called my docs yet. Wasnt sure wether to make an app with gp 1st or just call and make app direct with the midwife.

it doesn't happen a lot but we've done babies/toddlers for a long time, we did teens for a bit but they are far too disruptive. Current placement is only 10 but has the actions/attitude of a teen.

The midwife is coming to me :) at my home.. really strange as when I had my eldest I always went to the office at my gp's.

You might want to give your GP a call unless you know the proceedure, I had to have a blood test to confirm it then wait for midwife to call. I'm not sure if she'll be coming to me all the way through or not, but I guess I'll know more next week! lol

I think last time i went to gp and was told to just make the app with the midwife myself. Just went in to see her. Dont fancy them coming to the house this early on.

Strange how its all hitting home now. nappies, sleepless nites. we have it all to look forward to again!!!

No but why dont u start a to buy list thread and everyone can add what they need etc and add things they felt were a waste of money in the past

great idea for a thread! :D

I know what you mean about the 'reality' of sleepless nights etc, it all came flooding back to me last night when on the phone to Erin's friends mum, she was full of the joys of my pregnancy (they struggled to have their daughter so know only too well how wonderful this is for us), but I was laughing about the 'joyous' side of babies.. :D yes we have it all to come, but in reality it's short lived, it just doesn't feel like that when we've had no sleep! lol

I know this baby will be my last, so I'm going to really really try to cherish it all the more for that fact. :)

Yeah i remember after having DS who slept through the nite from day one. Then i had DD who was up 3/4 times a nite. I felt like a zombie for the 1st 9 months. It was awful thinking back now. Especially when OH asked me if i was planning on going back to work when my maternity was up!!! Very rarely does DD sleep in her own bed even now, so i never get a good sleep anyway... But its not as bad as it was in the early days. I also remember thinking how great it was when she was out of nappys lol

lol this one won't be as much of a nightmare for toilet training as my adoptive daughter.. much as I love her it was a complete nightmare, took till she was 3 and a half, she has speech delays and is unbelievably stubborn, I had to throw every toilet training trick at her and then throw them out of the window, and go down the tough love route last summer before she started school.
My eldest was just a month past 2 when she was dry and out of nappies including at night. All done in 3 days.

I'm pretty firm with bedtime and night-time routines etc, have had to be over the years, so don't have a problem with them sleeping, only baby I had trouble with had colic which is a different scenario. :)

Still.. the cuddles and smiles make up for it eh! lol

:hug99: huge hugs PH with the placement breakdown, I work with LACs and often foster families and know how hard it can be.

Am not looking forward to the tiredness/sleepless nights etc, I can only take 6 weeks mat leave as can't pay the mortgage on SMP so it will be fun!

I must admit first time around I had to save for the entire 9 months to cover the bills while on SMP - they make you laugh when they say you can have a year off! in reality that is only if you're rich enough not to NEED to work.

Thanks for the support - much appreciated, all kicked off again tonight. Our link worker is up on Thursday night for our review and to be honest she need not bother, WHEN placement ends, we'll have to wait to see what baby is then review whether we continue fostering or not. I'm convinced more than ever that this is not the right placement... just gotta be strong enough to tell them that! lol that's the hard part.

Well.. today we've made a BIG decision that affects the next 12 months or more of our finances and family life.
We have given notice that we'd like to end our foster placement. We have agreed to have her till the end of school term, as she starts a new school in september. So, this gives us 8 weeks of 'work' and then my self employment is our only income as such, we have working tax credit and an adoption allowance, so won't be on the bread line. If need be hubby or I will get a 'real' job! lol
Am looking forward to things still and not overly worried, that is the point of the adoption allowance, and in being self employed. :)

So... that's it a big decisive day! lol

Pregnancy wise have felt a bit sick today again, midwife called earlier from the same team to check I have someone from the team coming out. She confirmed that they'll do the paperwork for my scan when she visits next week ( and dreaded blood tests) and take them to the hospital to send me a scan date. Am still thinking it'll be late, because I'm 11 weeks when she see's me next week, but hey-ho can't be helped and it'll close the gap in between my 12-20 week scans i expect. :)

Am feeling a bit more 'settled' in my head about being pregnant, so that's good, just hope all is well at my scan and i'm not heading for a fall! ;) see still a tiny element of doubt, but it is lessening.

Back