Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

Morning :)
Still can't quite believe my ticker is on 10 weeks already! wow :) the last six weeks really have gone quickly. :)
Garden is looking fab and hubby demolished the small chicken house today - only fit for the skip as it was a former rabbit hutch that was on it's last legs really, we did a re-vamp last summer. lol
So the decking area is nice n' tidy. :)
Kids are bored so getitng htem out for a walk shortly, then heading into town later as fosling needs an eye test and new glasses - she broke 2 pairs deliberately and now thinks she doesn't need them! (nice try). I'm sure the new ones will end up broken but hopefully not till after she's moved!
I'm feeling a bit rough - had a cold (runny nose) etc that went, but seems to now be on my chest, feeling gunked up and have a bit of a gunky cough. Can't get to see my GP and my cough medicine all says to speak to my GP or chemist if pregnant, so will have to have a word with the chemist in town I think. It's chesty stuff that makes you drowsy so don't want to risk it.
Got a Social worker arriving at 7.30pm tonight and again in the morning then again in the afternoon - but about 5 of them in the afternoon... all heavy stuff about fosling and the situation, they have to have a major meeting to show they tried to support us.
All this in the middle of half term with 3 kids, that they expect me to ship out when I don't normally do this. We don't have a baby sitter or anything. My next door neighbour has agreed to have them, but it's calling in a favour and she has to go out at 5pm so I just hope we're done by then. Fosling is having a major strop about the fact that we'll be talking about her without her being there.. she will join us after a while but she hates adults making decisions for her. So goodness knows if my neighbour will cope with her... if not I just hope fosling comes home rather than runs away again.

Gosh didn't meant to go on, lol I think this dear diary thing is infectious maybe I should get a real diary.

wow that is fab you have a scan date already! lol I'm jealous!

The time really will go quickly, I was the same at 6 weeks believe me.

our link worker came and it's all set now bar the arrangments, foster child will leave at the end of term, not sure on date yet, but not far off term ending. Then we'll have no placement. We'll have to resign and be de-registered as they won't place anyone while I'm pregnant or for a year after baby is born. As we are still 'working' for our authority from before we moved to Wales they don't want to keep us on hold for 2 years due to the distance. So.. IF we go back to fostering it'll be with a local agency after re-doing our assessment etc. that's a big if as we will have 3 children in a 3 bedroom house.
To be honest, I'm a bit sad, as we've fostered for over 5 years, but in a way it's all part and parcel of our family and our needs. We'll still be happy - are able to get other jobs and will manage.. life changes, you roll with it.

So.. that's it for now. :) feeling good pregnancy wise :)

Glad it's sorted for you, atleast now you know when things will happen and have a plan to work towards. Hope todays meetings go well.

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks, so just catching up on your diary. You've been keeping yourself busy I see. The garden sounds lovely, I'm so jealous we've only got a tiny little patio out back, really do wish we had a proper garden.

Aww thanks Lisa we had a small shared patio for a while, so I know how it feels. I was a collector of containers! lol I had loads in there, with a small 2 seat corner group and room for a tiny paddling pool for the girls.. gotta make the best of what you've got :).

Well pregnancy wise I'm feeling fine, :) stil tired out, but doing really well.

We had a tough meeting on Friday about fosling, her SW's manager came and boy she was one fierce dragon! Really came across horrible, but we got our points/concerns across and it has been agreed fosling will move at the end of term - they have to find a placement.
She went with her SW to contact for the weekend on friday night. She came back today, was in for half an hour for lunch and we've not seen her since. Her curfew was for dinner at 5.30pm as she'll need to sort her room and get showered etc for school tomorrow.. but as is often the case, she is no where to be seen - I just hope she comes home before 8pm or I'll have to call the police!

Yesterday, it was just hubby, my girls and I. :) We had a friend of my eldest's over and went to the beach body boarding etc. Was a killer for me as I couldn't board due to the pregnancy but we had fun anyway. :) Lots of sandcastles built, big picnic on the beach etc. My eldest really enjoyed the time without fosling, and said it's the best holiday this year - which in fairness the last 2 days have been as fosling kicked off majorly over easter.

Amazing that a trip to the beach that cost us around £20 for 5 of us was 'the best holiday this year' when we spent nearly £500 in a long weekend at a hoseasons camp in Easter!

Really am looking forward to it being just us again.

But.. having said that, hubby and I have had a think and we could offer shared care (where you have a child with special needs for a day or so a week/fortnight/month whatever the situation is) and continue to offer a service that way. We did shared care for a little girl when we were still in Hertfordshire. We had her every other weekend in term time and 3 days a week in holiday time. As a family we all enjoyed having her, and it was never stressful as it was in short amounts.

So, we are going to call our local authority tomorrow to make some enquiries. Also there are a couple of private vacancies being advertised for similar set ups, so will enquire about them too. :)

aw hope everything goes to plan and glad you had a nice time at the beach x

Will see how things pan out in the end...

Feeling good today, though really hot this afternoon. I had to find the slimest bit of shade at school just now to get out of the sun. lol

Had a lovely walk on the beach this morning with the dogs and hubby though, wasn't too hot yet and the water was lovely :) paddled for a while.

oh kirsty, I can imagine how hot you've been. I used to sit by a window (sunny one too) when I worked as a secretary still.

I Was totally over warm this afternoon, have been hiding in my living room with the ceiling fan on! lol

Hope you manage to cool down this afternoon.

I hope so for your sake!
have just been out to hang up washing in the garden and it's wayyyy too hot already.
Nipped down to college to collect some course work books to start an assignment this week that I have 2 weeks left on. And have the midwife coming anytime now till 11am :).
Looking forward to seeing her. :) Amazing how a small % of me still thinks she'll come and say it's all in my head that I'm not really pregnant!! You'd think my head would be settled by now as I'm approaching 11 weeks.. but nooooo. Still hope that the next scan makes things sink in properly. :copon:to myself! lol

Have college tonight and a small assignment to do today for handing in tonight, just a journal.

Wellll the appointment was FAB! And... I am TOTALLY pregnant! and jumping around for joy! :)

She found a heartbeat with the doppler despite being cautious that she may not as early still.

I have a 12 week scan booked for next tuesday morning :D

And she calculated my dates as 21st Dec due date, and 11 weeks today.. but did say the scan will confirm proper date on Tuesday. My last scan had me at 24th Dec due date so we'll see - whatever happens it'll be around then! lol

Am on track for a midwife led home birth so that's great news! :D

All in all a GREAT appointment :) See her next on 1st July.

Oh and we kind of know each other already as her daughter is in the swimming class Erin used to be in! lol So to say hello to it's a small world! ;)

Got my small assignment done, just need to print for tonight :)

:) will be great when it comes around hun :) It seemed sooo long away when she booked it 4 weeks ago but time really has flown. :)

Wow 11 weeks is early to hear the heartbeat. Bet your over the moon. I had a mw appointment today too. My fundal height is measuring bigger than it should be, she said it's nothing to worry about at the minute but will need to be kept an eye on, if it's still higher than it should be at my next appt I will have to have another scan just to check everything is ok. Also had my bloods done to check for sugar, which could be why bubs is on the large side too.

Thanks girls - i was amazed when she said she'd try to find the heartbeat but she made me promise that I wouldn't get upset or worried if she couldn't find it. And in fairness it was VERY brief but definately baby (we could hear 'me' a few times but the difference was dramatic). lol
I am so relieved I can't explain, I'd have been nervous for the scan but now I'm totally relaxed and am viewing everything as normal now. :)

Lisa Marie - really hope they find the issue and that it can be managed for you ((hugs)) it's not unusal for pregnancy related issues with diabetes and as far as I know they're very manageable, so hope this is the case for you both ((hugs)).

Thanks ladies. I didn't get gestational diabetes with the other 2 and I was very overweight so hopefully I will be ok this time. I'm not worrying about it anyway. Next appointment with MW is at 34 weeks, unless my bloods come back showing a problem, so no news is good news.

well that's how I'd look at it for sure Lisa! :) Long may the phone stay silent! lol

Kirsty, yes I have my scan date for Tuesday next week!! not long now :) and not late like I expected! lol VERY exciting :)

We're all off to the circus tonight - no animals - my youngest loved it last year (as did my eldest in fairness), just hope our foster child enjoys it! lol

thanks :) I hope so, she's a bit 'funny' when the attention isn't on her..

And yes, it is close now for the scan, am chuffed as it seemed forever away.. time really does pass quickly when you are on the 'other side' of the time, so you'll soon be dancing about your scan - honestly! :)

Well after a bit of digging around I have found a new 'yard' for my horse :) Fields are a nice size (for maintaining the standard of), good fencing (post and rail) and 2 other horses for company. :) Stables in great condition and a great size, I don't stable him at the moment but may in the winter depending on mud/weather. And facilities such as a small tack/feed room, and toilet.. basics on a yard, but we've been keeping him at fields with no facilities so it seems like the ritz to us after 2 years without such facilities!
Will aim to move him on Wednesday, it's a fair old walk to the new yard, but it's 'do-able' with graham he's insisting he start leading him so I don't get pulled around.. he doesn't pull me around and to be honest will pull graham more than he pulls me, because he knows what I will and won't put up with! lol But.. we may as well give it a go and use it as a bit of training for Graham and thunder! lol

Well my pony is now in is new home! :) a 1 hour walk with a few scary things along the way - I did end up a bit muddy and fell over.. but thankfully onto my knees then my front - in mud so a soft landing due to the rain.. I lost my footing as it was slippery.. he'd spooked at a pick up - one ahead and one behind him was all too much.
Thankfully he stopped when I called him and all was fine then - thought I was going to have to let go of him which wasn't a nice thought.

Baby feels fine although I'm thankful that I have a scan tomorrow and that baby is still tucked up in my pelvis.. gonna have to be careful but then today wasn't 'normal' by any stretch. that is the futhest he's walked ever so it was a tall order.

Am looking forward to my scan in the morning :) will be nice to see baby! and get a pic, graham is looking forward to it too as you can imagine :)

I weighed myself this morning and am glad to report NO weight gain in the last few weeks, am relieved as i've been eating us out of house and home!! honestly I'm eating every 2 hours!! lol

Good luck for ur scan tomoro. I cant wait now for mine. I was just reading about falls in my pregnancy book yesterday. It was saying there very well protected in there. I fell when i was about 3 months pregnant with DS. Thought id broken my ankle and had to get an xray. thankfully it wasnt but hobbled about on crutches for a few weeks!!!

Back