Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

hey purplehugs, just thought I'd pop my head in to see how you're going.

Looks like you've got lots of company now, the babybug seems to be hitting. Sadly not me just yet but hopefully in the next few months.

Glad the nausea is subsiding a wee bit, that'll make it easier for you.

Thanks hun :) life is much more bearable when not feeling ill!
Though I discovered earlier I really can't Stand in a queue.. I ended up nearly fainting in Asda the other day, and had the same happen in Claires accessories with my foster child today.. thought I was going to have to sit on the ground! :(
I remember this with my eldest so am going to have to really watch what I'm doing. I'll ask my midwife about it if it's still happening when I see her at the start of next month.

Well it's been 2 days since I stopped by my diary!! tutt tutt me :) lol

Feeling good, nausea has definately subsided a bit - did come back but it much more manageable now :)

Hubby gave me a surprise today, he has started to clear a patch of grass etc where I had a veggie patch last year - it gets sun till around 2pm as is by the house, and then is shaded so not great for the veggies, but anyway.. he started clearing it and digging it out to be level.. we live on a hill so most of our garden is hilly - I asked what he was up to and he said that he's starting our first deck! :D Really really surprised, I had in plans for the coming years for the garden said I want a raised deck at the back of the garden so it overlooks the sea between the houses (we're a semi) and one nearer the house where veggie patch was for breakfast sun and shade if you want it :)
He said it makes sense to do that one as we can spend time with little one in the morning and then have shade in the heat of the afternoon when it's born and while I'm pregnant I can still get shade but be in the garden! :)
It's by a retaining wall so is a fair job as will need ballastrades to be safe for baby etc.

Really is a lovely surprise :) I have a few other plans for the garden such a greenhouse and raised veggie beds - I have veggies in the ground along the side of the garden.
will be lovely to see it blossom over the years from the boring patch of grass it was. :) it's a fair size too so lots we can do. :)

We're also planning a raised playhouse for the girls in the next few weeks so fingers x'd it all comes together. :)

Awww how lovely! He sounds like a good'un :)

Yeah he is :) a really great man and dad.. dunno how on earth I got so lucky!

The garden sounds like it's gonna be fab. Our garden is really small we extended the kitchen a few years ago and it took up most of the garden. I would love to move to a 4 bedroom detatched house with a nice big garden, but sadly we can't afford it now with a new baby on the way. Will keep my fingers crossed for a lottery win lol.

:) you and me both! I'd love more but then I think that's human nature isn't it.. and extension would be wonderful too, but not to be. lol

I'll be happy with a more manageable garden and some area's for use more often, a deck close to the house means we can add lighting and even heating for those evenings when it's dry but not quite warm enough. :)

I am really struggling to let my hubby buy anything yet as it's so early still, I'm still really nervous and am hoping that eases after my 12 week scan. He keeps seeing 'bargains' and they are, but not if something goes wrong.. Feeling really paranoid and am now starting to question if I'm right to feel this way and if it will go before baby arrives. I'm sure it will, I just wish I could hear the heart beat or fast forward to 12 week scan.

I bought some new clothes for me today, we have a have a wedding evening do in just under 2 weeks. Bought a lovely patterned tunic form Debenhams that is really baggy but feminine :) covers my expaning tum.. can't believe it's expanding so much already! lol A pair of 3/4 length leggings that are loose in the waist, pretty jewellery and shoes too. :)
Also got half price pineapple half length bottoms that have wide fold over waist, so great for expanding tum, they sit on my hips so will be fine for a long time. :) a couple of bits from peacocks that were cheaper, bottoms in black (same sort of waist but maternity ones) and a top :) So have some basics for now.
Am hoping that I can get through the summer months with a few basics and then get proper maternity stuff for the autumn/winter. :D

Am worn out today as couldn't sleep last night till 3am - thoughts running in my head etc, and now after being out all day, I'm shattered! lol

It's natural to be nervous of buying things, it won't be long till the 12 week scan and after that you will have 6 months of bargain spotting and shopping so if waiting makes you feel better then stick with it.

Thanks hun, just been really worried as with my eldest I had a name, and things bought by now.. and was full of the joys. I guess the miscarriage has really made a difference to my way of thinking.
Fingers x'd the next 4 weeks go quickly. :)

I've had 3 miscarriages myself, so I can empathise with how you're feeling. This pregnancy has got easier as I've gone on. I'm no longer checking for blood through the night or examining every single twinge or bit of wind in my tummy!

Hi Shel,
You are speaking exactly what has happened with me! I have only just got used to the fact that AF really isn't going to arrive.

Am feeling a bit more settled today and comfortable in my track bottoms :) really comfy compared to jeans! lol think I'll have a 'let it hang out' summer! :D

Bought a lovely dress for my eldest - we're going to a wedding evening do a week on Saturday, she loves the dress and it fits well so am chuffed. :)

Feeling a bit washed out at the moment and nausea has returned the last two days. Still a good sign though :)

Hit 8 weeks this week which is amazing to be 2 months. :D will hope the next 4 weeks pass as quickly as the last 4! lol

See my midwife in 3 weeks time, and we have a wedding evening do to go to next weekend and our foster child going away for a couple of days the weekend after - we're taking our girls to a farm/funfair type place for a treat :) I won't be able to go on the rides, but will be fun anyway. :D

Today.. I mostly feel like going back to bed! lol

I still feel a bit sicky last week evetrything dissapeared I have no sore boobs and now im terrified something has happened .Not long till you are 9 weeks I was just thinking today how time was flying by .It seems like oyu have a few outings planned ,dp has a week off end off the month and its my birthday as well so will prob have a few days here and there . hope you feel a bit better this evening wont be long before I go to bed lol

Hi :) glad your hubby has a bit of time off :) and you've some bits planned.
Try not to panic over the symptoms going, you are around that time. Not long till you're scanned now, and midwife may well be able to pick up the heartbeat soon. :) When is your scan again?

Time really is flying isn't it :) Am looking forward to seeing my midwife, hoping she'll manage a hearbeat :) And that she'll have a date for my scan or at least refer me.

Sickness went around dinner time tonight so that was a bonus :)

PH my midwife didn't even try to look for a heartbeat, she didn't even mention it.

Sarah my sickness has pretty much all gone now, just getting a little bit first thing in the morning, so don't worry about it. Boobs are nowhere near as sore as they were either. Although still massive.

Oh, I'd better stop getting my hopes up then! :rolleyes:
Glad your sickness is easing a bit.

lol long n' boring read eh! lol

no no... it was good to read. That good i decided to make a diary myself lol

Back