Purple Hugs - Babe in arms!!

lol thanks :) had to smile at the little princess!! those dvd's will be worn out! lol

Ah fantastic Jane! It's such a worry isn't it? I worried about everything through my pregnancy and then when I went into labour I worried about baby's health, now I'm terrified about cot death, Well I suppose that's the maternal instincts and they never leave us I'm sure my 3 girls will always have me worrying about something over the years to come.

So pleased scan went fine in the end and another baby girl, how wonderful!

lol I'm with you on the mum to 3 girls front!
I can understand your concerns on cot death ((hugs)). Just remember the things you can do against it, like no bumpers, feet to the bottom of the cot/basket, limited blankets and when able I've used sleeping bags after they're tiny. They work a treat till they can get out of them. but with 2 girls already I'm sure you know all the important things.

I knew a foster carer who had a foster baby who was a SID baby. Such a nightmare for her, she was investigated briefly by the police etc, but the post mortum showed a heart defect they hadn't picked up on. Took her months to get her head straight though - honestly. She didn't foster for about a year.

I'm not making you feel better, but I think with SID's it's very much an underlying factor we can't do anything about.

And no matter how hard on our anxiety and emotions, I guess the same is with pregnancy. I think this is why I had a panic today, was that it was out of my hands, I knew baby was 'alive' and had grown well.. but the final final thing was if the heart was ok. And as I chose not to have a triple test I guess I knew that today could be a risk in finding something wrong.
I wouldn't abort, and would never regret that - and truly if baby has downs would love it the same forever, but I didn't want the stress. And really thought that perhaps I shouldn't have the scan but knew that DH would never understand that as any heart trouble could be helped at birth if they knew about it - that was the only reason I still wanted the scan in case it was something that could be helped later if they knew about it..

Anyway.. there that's my rambling thoughts !lol

Something funny to end on.. Adele was having a cuddle with me earlier on the sofa and baby was moving around my naval - so I put her arm across me for a cuddle.. baby kicked and Adele made her arm jump away! lol TWICE! lol She looked confused at me the second time till I explained it was the baby kicking to say Hello!! She looked AMAZED at my tummy bless her! lol :cool:

Hi Hun,
Just wanted to pop by and say thanks for your lovely comments on my diary a couple of days ago. Sadly am still not qualifying for posting in pregnancy & babies but i hope to join all you lovely women some day. I pop in every now and again but have to admit to feeling a little jealous and sad (for me, while obviously delighted for you guys) so running back out again!
Glad to see you are doing well hun, love & hugs!

Thanks Mitten, every lb you are losing is a fab one. You are doing a great job and I'm sure it'll help. ((hugs)) I can empathise as to how you feel as it took me so long to conceive with this one. I didn't mean to drag you back ((hugs)). We understand no problem. x

Oh no, you didn't drag me back! I do pop in here every now and again for a read but would feel a little odd posting, ya know what i mean? Kinda like i was jinxing things or something. Love reading all about it though and you ladies have a great support system set up here for each other!

:) that's alright then! lol I can understand how you're feeling ((hugs))

And yes, we're lucky on here at the moment it was really quiet when I first turned up! lol

All good today, feeling fine, had a good nights sleep for a change too. Though baby was awake till 1am as usual! lol
yesterday morning I woke up early in a sweat and actually panting from hyperventilating - I was dreaming that I was having to move house TODAY back to London and couldn't take my horse.. ooh it was awful! :p daft dreams I get at the moment.

Got my Avon woman due out to 'show me' how to order on line, can't see it being hard, but she's annoying me now by being half an hour late.. Graham took the girls out for a while and has been gone an hour already so he'll be back when she is!

Well she arrived as I posted! lol she had said she'd be 15 mins late, and apologised on arrival - but hey-ho. lol

Got my books for the next one and ordered £200 of goods, did really well considering I didn't do any door knocking (only friends and neighbours).

We are just back from a walk with the dogs and then seeing to Thunder.. Graham had a giggle as I was struggling to put the dog lead in the usual place.. Window ledge behind the kicthen sink.. its up higher though. well.. I was there and it kept falling off as I put it on, had to kind of throw it and was grumbling about it.. he laughed as he said 'your arms don't grow to compensate for your belly making you stand further back from the sink'.. he has a point! lol I did laugh and it'll only get worse so think maybe I should move the dog lead! :p

Hi all,
having a quiet day, doing the fish tanks! lol I have 2, have done one so far! lol

Spoke to my sister earlier and am over the moon that she's booked xmas off, she's not sure if she's got the 3 days holiday she needs but if she gets them it means she'll be off till the 5th Jan - so really really happy as she's planning to come to for xmas and hopefully just before baby is due. until after baby will HAVE to come! lol
She only works part time hence the 3 days holiday.
She has been birthing partner to my cousins wife twice and a friend once I think. So has more experience than me! lol She's never been around for a home birth though but either way she'll come in very handy! lol
Yay for family.

Problems problems.. lol
internet access is irratic to say the least in the last few days.. get about 5 mins a day at the moment grrr.. hoping it's better today.
Off to a cattery/sanctuary with Erin's friend to take her cat to the cattery for a week. Should be fun - hope we don't come home with a kitten or something though or Graham may just kill me! lol
Other problem i was referring too.. is wet boob!! lol the left one again.. a great sign I know but never know if I'm jsut going mad! lol

Had a couple of friends and their 5 year old up for a brief visit - briefer than we realised. But was lovely to see them and had a lovely night - they all piled (graham, friends and Erin) into the spa at 10pm till I chased them out of the garden at midnight! lol our next door neighbour asked me when I popped in for a cuppa yesterday how many were at our party!! Shows how loud it was! lol Neighbour gets up for work at 6.30am so felt a bit sorry for her and apologised. She did CD with me and is back on it for gaining all the weight she lost - was a little pleased if I'm honest as I'm a stone away from all my weight still! ;)

Well better dash. x

Had to smile last night. I lay in bed on my side and Catrin started moving around.. so lay on my back for hubby to see if she'd kick for him.. she lay really still and we were marvelling that we couldn't even feel her as she is normally stretching the top of my tummy like that these days.. well we were joking 'are you still in there'? and she kicked DH really hard! lol as if to say 'I'm here daddy'! lol :) only kick too! Guess she was listening.. or telling us to leave her to sleep! lol

It's amazing isn't it. Hubby was like a child on christmas day when he first felt bean kick properly! Now, he can feel her regularly, and loves lying next to me watching my tummy move and seeing the kicks.

It is hun it is! :) I can't wait till they can see my bump moving.. I can see it now and then but then I know my breathing movements etc. I've tried to show DH and DD but they couldn't see it.

Had a lovely shopping day today with the girls, bought them some new clothes, boots (ugg style as they love them) from next and Erin's first bra!! :D Bless her :)
Also bought a lovely purple cardigan for baby - DH was in full agreement when I said we can't have a girlie shopping day and NOT get Catrin something small! lol He knows me well! :D
It's our anniversary in a couple of days and we're off camping tomorrow weather permitting so bought cards and DH bought me something from the fragrance shop - he wants an album on line that he can't buy locally. lol
Also got a bargain pair of Clarks air shoes / trainer style for £12 knocked down from £40. :) Some of my shoes have been hurting my feet and I can't wear any heals at the moment.

Off camping for a couple of days.. wild winds n' rain but great fun! lol not far from home so nipping back to feed small animals and fish. And say hello on the net! lol
Sun is promising to shine tomorrow - according to the weather report. So fingers x'd it's nicer tomorrow.
All in the name of fun! :D

hope your having a fabby time sounds like fun x

Hiya :) Hope youre well Mrs D :)
Sorry been up to my eyes in the girls, washing etc etc! lol

Had a lovely couple of nights away despite the weather during the night and day - we had a couple of lovely evenings under the stars with the girls. :D
Are planning on camping under canvas in the spring for Erin's 11th birthday. She loved going camping again and Adele was really good going to sleep which surprised me! lol So.. add a small baby to that mix and we'll be looking for a bigger tent! lol

Hit 24 weeks yesterday which feels FAB! Can't believe I've got 16 weeks to go! lol
Am up in weight again.. so have dug out my SW books and am now healthy eating :p finally! lol
Fingers x'd I can make it last.

Back