Purplebint's Diary

I am currently having a couple days off plan to demolish a pile of American candy I was sent as I too have no willpower.

Btw ally sainsburys do reeses pieces and much cheaper than the American import places :-D

Oh and Asda now do a bunch of Hershey's stuff and mini peanut butter cups omg so tasty!

Btw ally sainsburys do reeses pieces and much cheaper than the American import places :-D

Did you really need to tell me that? I work practically next door to a sainsburys :p They used to be 50p a bag from the sweet shop, i'm half annoyed, half happy its shut down. I've had the mini cups, they taste different to the normal ones.

Ally89 said:
Did you really need to tell me that? I work practically next door to a sainsburys :p They used to be 50p a bag from the sweet shop, i'm half annoyed, half happy its shut down. I've had the mini cups, they taste different to the normal ones.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you that once in a blue moon they do them half price so about 30p lol I went a bit crazy last time they were on offer!!

*puts fingers in ears about Sainsbury's* lalalalala, I can't hear you.

Lovely leftovers - Chicken, chickpea and spinach curry with chilli veg noodles and lime pickle

wpid-IMAG2199-1.jpg

I think leftover curry tastes better than the first meal :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Porridge and cherries (hexb + 1/2 hexa)

Lunch - Notdogs, poached egg and leftover veggie noodles.

Snack - 2 x scan bran, chocolate spread + 1tsp peanut butter (6 syns)

Snack - packet of crisps (7 syns)

Dinner - Garlicky pan fried chicken breast (2syns of olive oil), crinkle cut chips and salad.

Drink so far

1 mug tea (1/2 hexa)
1 pint NAS

Syns used 15

Exercise

School run and sprog drop off - 2.9km
School pick up 2km

Last edited:
I've got friends for supper tomorrow, Friday. 8 of us...or is it 9? Anyway Indian themed and just thought I'd tell you that I will be serving little bhajees, your bhajees, as part of the starter. With mint rhaita and salsa and chutney. So thank you - I have no doubt they will be a huge success x

Purplebint said:
Garlicky pan fried chicken breast, crinkle cut chips and salad

OMG! Recipe please! This looks delicious!

I'm super jealous of your cooking abilities!

I just put 1tsp of olive oil in a pan, heated it and then sauteed some chopped garlic for a minute. Take a chicken breast and slice it open so you have one large flattish breast, place cut side down on top of the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes, flip over and cook the other side. Using a spatula, fold the chicken breast back over to make a pockt and then spoon in the garlicky oil mixture with a sprinkle of herbs.

Quick meal :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Porridge, cherries (hexb + 1/2 hexa)

Snack - Pack of ryvita thins (4.5 syns), 2 x scan bran, 1tbsp choc spread and 1tsp peanut butter (6 syns)

Lunch - Sliced ham, celery, spring onion, red onion, lettuce and carrot sticks with 1tbsp of light salad cream. (2 syns)

Dinner - Garlic pepper steak, crinkle cut chips, garlic mushrooms and salad.

Drinks so far

3 mugs tea (1/2 hexa)
2 pint NAS

Syns -12.5

Exercise

School and sprog drop off - 2.5km.

Last edited:
Dawn
sorry to be a total pest but can you link
Me to the sweet potato bhajis ... Can't find it because I'm rubbish :/ x

OMG no sweet potato! Hmmm. Gonna try with BNS instead x

Back