Purplebint's Diary

Purplebint said:
Cheeseburger, chips and salad

Looks good :) how did your little boys birthday go? Did you manage to avoid temptation ;)

It went really well, he had a fab day and lots of great pressies (phonics toys, a balance bike and a Mobi-Go Vtech thingymajig) I mostly resisted temptation, by allowing myself 1/2 a pack of smarties and then a pack of quavers after. It was hard going though and I made sure everyone took the leftover cake away with them so I didn't have that looking at me all the next day! hehe

I've taken him out this morning and got him registered at playgroup for September, he'll be doing 5 mornings a week and 2 afternoons. Scary how fast time flies.

And then to fill up all my free time I've just registered myself with the OU to start a part time degree course in October :) That should keep me busy enough not to keep eating, lol!

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, beans and mushrooms

Lunch - Chicken curry, saag aloo and brown rice.

Snack - 2 x scan bran (hexb) + 1tbsp choc spread (4)

Dinner - Sausage, egg and chips followed by a green monster smoothie (hexa +7)

Drinks

3 mugs coffee
1 mug tea
2 pints NAS

Syns used - 11

Exercise

Sprog drop off 3km
Sprog pick up 3km.

Swimming cancelled due to having to sort out flood damage at home

My garden after 10 minutes of rain this afternoon - http://t.co/HJeRGi4n and the whirlpool created outside my garage - http://t.co/Ott8qSWJ

All drained off now but lots of silt and debris around that needs sorting.

Last edited:
Which book is he getting? The Kath Woodward one? Need to make sure you get the 2nd edition not the lovely cheap 1st edition which is out of date apparently, heh. I've got one saved in my amazon basket ready for payday. I will also be ordering huge amounts of stationery, mostly because I really like stationery ;)
I've also spent half of today tidying and decluttering my desk area to try and make some room for study stuffs. October seems like a very long time away yet though, I am busying myself doing some of the free online courses and looking through ItunesU.

The garden is ok now, just waterlogged but hopefully a day or two of dry weather will get that sorted. Need to jetwash the silt off the driveway tomorrow and we'll be sorted :)

Breakfast - Porridge + banana and SF hazelnut syrup (hexb + 1/2 hexa)

Lunch - Veggie couscous and a penguin bar (5.5)

Lunch 2 - Tuna and roast veg pasta salad

Dinner - Coley, chips + mushy peas.

Drinks so far

2 mug tea
1 pint diet coke
1 pint NAS
1 mug hot lime

Syns used - 5.5

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 2.6km
Sprog pick up -

Last edited:
I'm on plan but eating far far too much. My stomach seems to have been swapped with a bottomless pit. I will try and fill it up with tea instead.

Its hard when you're really hungry isn't it. I've stuck to plan ok today too but I've so wanted to open the cupboard and raid the choc/crisps! lol

I deserve some kind of medal today. The rest of the family went to the chip shop and brought home fishcake and chips and I've been and cooked my own version for tea instead.

Coley, crinkle cut chips and mushy peas

wpid-IMAG2355-1-1.jpg

Have been out for the day on the Great Central Railway for my 3yr old's birthday treat.

Breakfast - 2 x muller lights (1)

Lunch - Ham roll ups with hexa of cheese and some spring onion, tuna pasta salad and a pack of quavers (4.5)

Snack - whole bag of fresh cherries as we stopped off in the market on the way home + another pack of quavers (4.5)

Dinner - Sauteed new potatoes, pointed cabbage and ham in a garlicky balsamic glaze - hexb olive oil

Drinks

3 cups of tea
1 can diet coke

Syn used 10

Exercise

Walking around all day + sprog control

Last edited:
Breakfast - Porridge + banana + 1syns of raisins + sugarfree hazelnut syrup (hexb + 1/2 hexa)

Lunch - One pot herby chicken (cooked in a pot with chopped onion, sweet potato and a herby mustard chicken stock) will serve with new potatoes (2 syns for some clover light), balsamic fried cabbage and green beans.

Dinner - Sausages (4.5) couple of wedges, 1 large roasted tomato and some mushrooms. Followed by some freshly picked from the garden strawbs and raspberries.

Supper - Ham, cheese (1/2 hexa) and cucumber roll ups with a pack of quavers (4.5)

Drinks

2 giant mug green tea
1 mug tea
2 pints diet cherry coke

Syns used - 12

Exercise - nowt. No swimming today as I have another lovely chest infection :s

Last edited:
Breakfast - Porridge + raisins (1) + banana (hexb + 1/2 hexa)

Snack - Pack of pom bears (5)

Lunch - Ham, red onion and mushroom omelette followed by a muller lite

Dinner - Nandos style chilli chicken with chips and salad.

Drinks so far

2 mugs green tea
1 small bottle diet coke

Syns used (6)

Exercise

Sprog drop off, walk to shops and park - 7km
Sprog pick up - 2.5
Walk to fat club and back -3km

Last edited:
1/2 a pound off for me last night. I have no idea how I managed that but I've kicked myself up the arse and I'm back on the wagon as of today. The best thing I did for myself yesterday was not to buy any Rocky Road HiFi bars at group last night, they're too dangerous for me to have in the house! hehe

Breakfast - 2 x sausage (2) + tinned toms

Post swim snack - apple

Lunch - Soup of some kind (will have to go freezer foraging) Unlabelled soup, seems to be a many bean speed soup. Have chucked some chilli and coriander in with it, tis quite nice :) Followed by a banana and some strawberries.

Dinner - Chilli cheese potato pie. Many bean chilli from the freezer, covered with a layer of thinly sliced potatoes. Brushed with olive oil (1 tbsp used, so 6 syns for the whole dish so max 3 per portion) Will bake for 45 mins then grate on 2 x hexa worth of cheese and give it another 20 mins. Followed by more chilli cheese potato pie as I had seconds, yum.

Supper - Strawberries and raspberries with 1 syn of agave and 1 syn of chocolate flakes.

Drinks

4 mug tea
2 pint NAS

Syns used - 7

Exercise

Sprog drop off - 3km
Bike ride to pool and back - 4.5km
Swim - 1.1km
Sprog pick up -

Last edited:
Hehe I do love finding mystery meals in the freezer! An element of surprise to your day ;-) well done on the loss x

Back