Purplebint's Diary

I always do my spuds and chips in the mirco first think they always turn out perfect :)

Me too! :)

Barbecue! Burger, sausage, chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad and salad. 3 syns for the plate, and that's for the burger and sausage.

wpid-IMAG2445-1.jpg

Breakfast - scan bran ginger and carrot cake (hexb) followed by cherries and yoghurt

Snack - Pear

Lunch - 2 egg omelette made with leftover bbq sausages, red onion and beans + salad. (3)

Snack - Potato salad

Dinner - Pan fried chicken breast with garlicky curry BNS fries + more salad.

Drinks

3 mug tea
2 pint NAS

Syns used -3

Last edited:
I nuke them in the microwave for 5-10 mins depending on the size of the potato, leave to cool for a couple of mins and then place each on a large spoon.

Cut through the potato to create the gaps until you hit the spoon, the spoon stops you cutting all the way through the potato. Spray with fry-lite (sprinkle or stuff with herbs/garlic/lemon or anything else you're using) and then finish off in the oven for about 20 mins or so until golden.

Thanks for that I will have to give them another go this weekend, they were really tasty, have you tried the other Fry-lite flavours the BBQ one is really nice it might go well with the hasslebacks

I use the olive oil and sunflower frylights, I haven't tried the buttery one yet but that's on the list for the next time I do a supermarket shop. Not sure if I'd use the BBQ one, I use liquid smoke a lot which is the same sort of flavour but without the oil :)

Breakfast - Cherries and yoghurt

Snack - Scan bran carrot and ginger cake - hexb

Lunch - Sausage and pepper omelette and salad (The rest of the family went to the chippy, I ate 5 chips so will syn them at 1 each ) 5

Snack - Bowl of salad with 2 syns of salad cream

Dinner - Lime chicken stir fry with rice noodles

wpid-IMAG2451-1.jpg

Snack - 3 x scan bran, topped with lime flavoured quark (a bid to stop craving key lime pie) 3

Drinks

3 mug tea
3 pints diet coke

Syns - 10

Last edited:
Breakfast - Cherries and yoghurt

post swim snack - apple

Lunch - Leftover chicken noodles

Snack - Carrot and ginger scan bran cake with lemony filling. (have made a cake for tomorrow's taster night and needed to test it ;) )

IMAG2454-1-1.jpg

Dinner - Stuffed peppers + BNS chips

Drinks

3 mugs tea
2 pint NAS

Exercise - 1 hour's swim with the sprogs. Including a million tantrums. Rargh,

Last edited:
Hi, how do you make your bns garlicky fries?? They sound delish x

Like this - Baked Garlic Curry Fries | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking but I leave out the oil and use an egg in the mixture instead. The lovely Keldelacoe does the potatoey ones and hers looked so good I had to try them myself.

I don't parboil the BNS like I would potatoes, just peel, halve, slice into chip shapes and microwave on full for about 5 minutes and then leave to cool a little before coating in the mixture :)

Breakfast - Poached eggs, tinned toms

Snack - Pear

Lunch - Leftover stuffed peppers + couscous

Snack - Melon

Dinner - No idea, something light before fat club. Then it's taster night so I'll be eating lots of yummy things :)

Drinks
2 mugs tea
1 mug coffee with brown sugar (1)
1 pint water

Syns used - 1 - Saving the rest to cover taster night.

Exercise

Wander round the post office and village - 4km
Walk/ride to Fat Club and back - 3km

Last edited:
Purplebint said:
2.5lbs off. Celebrating with bacon.

Yayy thats fab! Ive had a nightmare month and basically gone a whole month staying the same grrrrr!
Might have to look at possibly mixing it up and trying red days rather than ee, what plan u doing hun?

Well, I gained a bit, lost a bit, gained a bit and lost again this month. So I ended up a whole 1/b lighter at the end of the month than I started, heh. It was my brain sabotaging me though, I'm back on plan now.

I do extra easy, I did try red/green a couple of times but found them too confusing/restrictive. I prefer EE as it's the closest to 'normal' eating for me.

Breakfast - Mushroom omelette with tinned toms, followed by an apple

Post swim snack - apple

Lunch - 4 x dark rye ryvita with quark and red onion (hexb)

Snack - 2 syns worth of olives.

Snack - 2 x slices of carrot and ginger scan bran cake with lemony quark filling. (4)

Dinner - Spicy butterfly chicken breast roasted with peppers, red onion and garlic with garlic stuffed hasselback potato and salad.

Drinks

3 mugs tea (hexa)
3 pints NAS
1 mug popcorn tea

Syns used - 6

Exercise

Walk to pool, shops and back - 5km
Swim - 40 lengths / 1km

Last edited:
Purplebint said:
Well, I gained a bit, lost a bit, gained a bit and lost again this month. So I ended up a whole 1/b lighter at the end of the month than I started, heh. It was my brain sabotaging me though, I'm back on plan now.

I do extra easy, I did try red/green a couple of times but found them too confusing/restrictive. I prefer EE as it's the closest to 'normal' eating for me.

Haha i think my brain is trying to sabotage me as well ;)
So annoying cause i only need to loose 2 lbs till im in the 11stone bracket grrrrr! Really want to do it these next 2 weeks before i go on holiday and put it all and extra back on heehee x

Back