Purpleds Maintaining Diary

Okay!!!

New line! Fresh start!

I'm feeling much better. And I initially gained 8lbs (in a week) after being poorly and have since stayed the same.

I'm aiming to gain a little extra and I don't want dress alterations lol! But for now I'm happy and trying not to worry. I'm just living normal and not being paranoid about losing or gaining.

I also need to gain a few £s lol! I have spent so much haha! Xmas shopping makes me treat myself on all the lovely things I see! I set a thing on my phone to text me when my balance goes below £1000. It's been there for 2 years and I got my first text yesterday morning. Haha!

But I did buy an amazing tiara type thing.

Whoop well done on the gain. That's fantastic. Are you all better now?

And omg I would love a credit in mg bank account let alone £1000 - I live permanently in my overdraft but think that's the joy of two step kids!!!

Can we see a picture of the tiara? How's the wedding planning coming on? Xxxx

Really pleased to hear you are feeling better and feel back on track with things. Big congratulations on the gain and I hope some very very tasty food contributed to that 8lbs ;)

I second the request for a picture of the tiara thing. I am not a proper grown up at all and sometimes have been known to still go out wearing a tiara... Being a Manics fan in my formative years has left a lasting impression on my sense of "style"...

I am exactly the same when it comes to christmas shopping. My approach seems to be pretty much "one for you, two for me"! It doesn't help that most of my relatives ask me to buy stuff for myself and then they give me money for it. Its a dangerous mind set to get into as it feels like free shopping even when I have spent more than they are giving me :/ I think the next thing I need to buy is another wardrobe... The two I already have will barely shut these days. What have you been buying?

Merry Christmas Everyone!

:)

Chocolate munching has begun.
I hope you all have a great time.

Hope you are having a good one.

No chocolate munching here as I didn't buy any :0 I am sure there will be some chocolate in the presents from my relatives so will just have to wait for it...

Hi purpled hope u had a nice xmas! U managed to stop those losses?

I'm good thanks Sarah!

I'm actually just eating when I'm hungry, eating healthy foods but in whatever quantities I want. I'm not weighing myself. I'm letting my body settle to where it feels happy.

I think I have gained some weight, which is good. So I feel healthy and happy right now.

Thats so good that u r at the point of eating 'normally' and u r happy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Sorry not been around guys! All motivation for this board has disappeared.

Good news, I've gained back most the weight and without following a plan.
Plus...:I have a 6 pack.

Hope everyone is well

Thats great news purpled! Many ppl have lost their minimins mojo, sometimes I feel like im on my own :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Wow! It's been ages since I posted on here!

Maintenance is going well! I started doing kinda Paleo style eating. And eating lots of healthy fats! Lots of fresh meat and fish and nuts!
I've managed to stick at my goal weight for months! I feel in control.

Wedding is getting closer and closer! Just over a month to go!!!

I know sooo close, it's scary!
I'm good, busy, ran a half marathon last week, I'm crazy! And I can do 8 1 armed push-ups lol!

I'll pop over to your journal later and see how your doing! Hope your well xx

Glad maintenance is going so well for you, as it was a bit rocky at first trying not to lose anymore. Pleased to hear its all settled. Sounds like you taking a really healthy approach to the food and exercise. Are you still doing as much exercise as you were? I remember you were thinking of dialling it down a bit due to the problems you were having with your knees and things.

Exciting that the wedding a month away. Are you all organised for it?

Organised...... Kind of!! I've had a lot on as FIL had a operation and we have been busy helping them but I think we are on top of things.

I only exercise about 3 times a week now but try and make it worthwhile and go for it full wack. I have muscles I like to maintain now as I like the look of them. Especially my stomach and arms. I know some people hate muscles on women but I like them and that's all that matters. I have a few issues with my knees but I've been wearing ugly doctors insoles in all my shoes to correct the way my feet sit and stop them from rolling inwards. That seems to help with my knees!!

And may I introduce you all to my new obsession:

Nut butters.

So I got them from an Asian cooking shop but they sell them in Holland and Barrot. Kinda taste and have the same consistency (maybe thinner actually) as peanut butter.

My favourite is Almond Butter, but they do butters for nearly all nuts. I really am obsessed. Quite high in fat. But natural, maybe 99.5% nut.

Last edited:
Hey purple long time no see :) glad everything is going so well for you!

Nut butters are fab- there's a wholefoods store near me that has the machines so you can watch it grinding the nuts into your butter nothing added the nuts have enough natural oil :)

Great approach to maintenance its basically a food plan for life rather than any diet plan filled with sweeteners and artificial things.

Being a carb loving veggie paleo is miles away from how I eat lol but clean eating is always a good thing :) xx

Well I don't know how lowcarb I am. I eat tons of fruit. But it's high natural carbs. Zero processed.

I made my own almond milk with my almond butter. It tastes amazing. May buy a Muslim cloth for next time though. Plus i want a place that will make me butter. :) not touched peanut butter in months as this stuff is sooo tasty!!

I'll post some recipes when I have time, been making lots of breads etc. only problem is...for your average diet they are awful, as the fat content is so high

I eat an avocado a day! Food heaven!!

How is maintenance going for you?

Yum! Little domestic goddess you are now :p

I went way off track sadly :-( maintenance only lasted a few weeks then I went crazy - was trying to buy a house (which I did yay!) and just used it as an excuse to eat all the rubbish food then by the time all the hectic stuff was over it was almost Xmas so just had no willpower. Got back on track about mid January and about a stone gain eek!

At last weigh in I had got to 3lb to target but just back from a trip to Germany so its looking much higher now! Its a journey and I will get there again soon.

Have you tried the milled flaxseed and seed mixes that you can get? So nice on everything - again its one of the healthy fat kind of foods :) xx

Oooh homemade almond milk sounds really good. How did you do that?

I think I used to have cashew nut butter and that was lovely. They are one of the things that I always wanted to re-introduce once I had stopped losing (if that ever happens!). Sounds great watching them being made, Laura. So annoyed I don't get a wholefoods shop :( Although i suspect i would be practically bankrupt if I did.

What have you got left to organise with the wedding, Purpled? I did wonder how things were with in laws health as I remember things were pretty difficult last time you were about. Hope things are improving there.

Back