Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Mini Purpled this week will be a plum....which in my opinion is smaller than a lime. So...that is a bit confusing.

A purple plum ;) maybe it is a large plum or was a small lime. Scan next week and a peach isnt it? Have you told anyone yet or waiting until the scan? I have just properly been catching up on diaries and your food all looks so good xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Told my manager yesterday as we are moving offices and I wanted to get out of packing up all the health records. There are thousands. She said Congratulations without smiling.

4 people have guessed.

I will tell everyone else after our scan next week :)

Not much choice if you camt have eggs (or is it runny eggs) pancakes would win my vote. Its what I had nearly every day in Florida ;)

I can ask them to cook them through, so that's not a problem. Not sure what I'll get....had a crumpet to keep me going until we leave.

So.....my manager had to do a risk assessment on me. I can't lift boxes, reach to high shelfs, err other things. My hubby keeps doing stuff I normally do. Why do people treat me like a baby? I can lift stuff. I'm not exactly straining myself getting a few folders off a shelf.

Anyway......Valentines day :)
We are going out tonight (not to the place i mentioned as by the time we went to book they were full) but for a lovely Indian.:....Yeah!!! Love Indian food. My mouth is watering already :)

Enjoy it whilst u can purpled, I think as long as ur not straining urself ur totally fine tho, they r just being nice and helpful :-D ummm Indian is loads better what u having

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Work have to be careful as they have to protect you and the baby and they wouldn't want anything to happen and your husband does it juat because he loves you. Enjoy it and enjoy the rest. You are carrying previous cargo.

Indian sounds better to me. Love an indian. What did you have for breakfast in the end xxx

I had 'The Works' which was a toasted muffin, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 2 bacon.
Gave the sausages to the hubby (mainly cos I'm a bit of a picky sausage eater) and had the eggs well done. It kept me full all day, we only stopped for a drink and I just had a yogurt when I got in.

In other news..... Couldn't help myself.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1392395568.543229.jpg
Cute penguin set. 0-3months. Reduced to £1. My OH parents LOVE penguins, so we thought we'd buy it. Cos his mum asked us to buy her some pj's (they haven't left the house in 6months other than GP/Hospital appointments. Anyway we thought we'd pass her the bag with these in and say we got you some pjs. Then see her reaction, hopefully she will put 2 and 2 together and realise I'm pregnant.

I'm not sure what we will get in the Indian. I don't have a favourite and tend to pick something different every time I go in. I love peshwari naan bread, I don't really like rice that much so normally just steal some of the hubby's. I choose something spicy, normally chicken or fish. Then we usually have a starter, but again I don't have a favourite. The hubby will have pilau rice, chicken tikka masala and garlic naan. He normally likes a starter that's a sizzling tandoori plate or something.

P.S a small gain this week of 1lb. STS overall
Not bad as apparently I'm not supposed to gain in first trimester

P.S.S - I'm all ready to go out. Waiting for the hubby to finish tut. I made an effort tonight and feel quite good :)

I am reading a baby name book we bought today. Hard Hard Hard ....This is forever.

Aww cute pjs and so cheap too! Will b nice to see their reactions and interesting to see if they work it out :-D how come they haven't gone out?

Name is hard, we didn't really decide till month 9, there wasnt many baby names I liked for a girl :-( ive always loved dylan james for a boy tho :-D

There too disabled/poorly/tired etc.....it's hard work helping them, we want them to move closer, as it takes 40mins to drive to help them. Dunno how we will cope when baby is born, they have no family here, originally from Chester and Neil is an only child.

Indian was a disaster. I don't usually complain but it was a 5* restaurant and they didn't take our order for 30mins and it took 20mins after that to bring our drinks. The last straw was when all the tables around us had food in front of them straight away. Then popadoms (which normally come out quick) took another 10mins, so we had already been there an hour. We had already asked people for stuff about 3times by now. We stood up and got our stuff to leave. The manager said there had been a huge mix up, waiter was new and didn't put our order through. Anyway he said we could have the meal for free but we was already p'd off. So we went nextdoor and got a Indian takeaway which was ready in less than 15mins and went home. It was delicious. I was STARVING. I said to the guy in the takeaway 'I'm pregnant and if I don't eat anything in the next 5mins I think I'm going to be sick, can you help. He came out with a box of chips. I was like 'thank you' 'thank you' 'thank you' lol
I think I would have been sick if I hadn't have had them and I was feeling very faint.

Anyway we came home and had our food and watched a film. It turned out nice in the end.

Not a huge complainer but they had no excuses, even if the waiter was new, we asked 3 people if we could order/where are out drinks/why is everyone getting their food and not us. None of them helped us. POOR.
However there was a good acoustic guitar player/singer on and be was pretty good and played our wedding song which was nice ;)

What a shame that the meal out didn't go to plan. Sounds like really bad service, which as you say there isn't an excuse for somewhere like that (or anywhere really!). Glad you had a nice time in the end. Take away and a film doesn't sound like too bad a substitute.

A quick question...
Do you eat your food at a table?

I grew up eating a family meal at the table every night and so did my hubby. Even when it is just the two of us we still sit at the table every night to eat. Someone at work was talking about spilling there food all over their sofa and I quickly realised the majority of my office ate on the sofa in front of the TV. So I thought eating at a table was the majority but turns out no one does.

Now I'm just curious...
It could explain why children in this country don't know how to use a knife and fork and have no manners.

I used to growing up but my house doesnt have room for a table so we all eat in the front room but we do use the time to talk and catch up on the day. I do havw a table that we put out for xmas day and when people come for dinner but I don't have room for it to be out all the time

We too dont have room for a table and my daughter has a lap tray and a knife and fork :-D we used to sit at the table b4 we moved here 2/3 years ago tho

I don't think where you eat your food has any bearing on manners. I believe those are a more basic component of your upbringing and other influences.

Me and OH both were brought up generally eating at a table but its something we rarely do now through conscious choice. We have a dining table (well a pool table with a wooden top and tablecloth...) but don't regularly use it. We have a coffee table that we often move in front of the sofa so we are eating off a table, still very much with knife and fork but still on the sofa and in front of the tv. One of the good things about being independent adults is the ability to make your own choices about what you do in your own home.

A quick question...
Do you eat your food at a table?

I grew up eating a family meal at the table every night and so did my hubby. Even when it is just the two of us we still sit at the table every night to eat. Someone at work was talking about spilling there food all over their sofa and I quickly realised the majority of my office ate on the sofa in front of the TV. So I thought eating at a table was the majority but turns out no one does.

Now I'm just curious...
It could explain why children in this country don't know how to use a knife and fork and have no manners.

Yeah I'm all for people making their own choices and I don't judge. It just something I never realised happens. In my head I just assumed everyone ate at a table, obviously not what actually happens. Lol!! I guess when you go to people's house for tea they must make an effort and set the table, as I've never ate food at a friends sofa. Other than maybe takeaway pizza ;)
But I am a bit strange as I also put my fish and chips from the chippy on a plate....which apparently also isn't normal.

Today's Menu

Breakfast
Porridge with banana and milk

Lunch
Salad with olives, avocado and tuna

Dinner
Paella (without prawns)

Snacks
Orange, apple, blueberries, cheese on crackers, super spicy homemade salsa with nachos

--Breaking bad box set finished :(
--Just booked 3 nights away in Scotland to visit family
--Plus I just got £5k back I lent to my brother to help him with a house deposit 2years ago. Thought he'd pay it in chunks, but he said he's been saving a bit every month. So that's nice.
--also cleared out one of our spare rooms in preparation for baby. It's currently has my electric piano in, both our guitars, loads of music books and then all the junk you can find. Not sure where it all will go as our other spare room is FULL. We need a bigger house.
--as last of all the OH had a huge argument with his mum over the phone. As she was saying we never take them out. He was saying we would love to take you out but currently we are doing your cleaning, shopping, collecting prescriptions. I think it upset her. But he was saying they can use services either paid or free on the NhS to help with that stuff and then we would have more time to take them out. Anyway it ended up in a huge row. I have a headache. Don't know how to resolve this situation but it's making me exhausted.

Last edited:
Back