Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Thats a very little bump, def looks like a pregnancy bump rather than a bump of fat :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awe thanks!
This week has been strange. I've actually been sick every morning, either food or just stomach acid. But being sick in the morning has made me feel great all day as the nausea feeling disappears. So it's kinda bitter sweet.

I'm 2nd trimester now....so apparently things will get better very soon and it does feel that way.

We are heading out for breakfast today at a greasy spoon we love. They do fry ups, as well as Bacons rolls, egg on toast etc. comfort food. It's a really friendly place, they let people takes their dogs in and it's pretty busy, so you don't have to wait long. So the crumpet I had this morning was to fill the hunger, now it's down the loo I have more room for breakfast. :)

Not sure about lunch but we have pasta tonight, with homemade meatballs.

Next Saturday I have a gestational diabetes test. I have to go to the hospital, have blood taken, drink lucazade, either hang around or go home for 2 hours, then have another blood test. I'll be starving :( fast before hand.

Some people develop diabetes just while they are pregnant. They don't make everyone do the test. My bloodwork was fine, but I have 4 immediate family members that are diabetic. So can't get out of it lol

Glad the scan went well and you enjoyed "meeting" the baby properly for the first time.

Enjoy the breakfast. Sounds like a nice start to a Saturday. Look forward to your food updates in the near future.

Wow scan picture is amazing. Is it all real now? Have you told the in laws yet? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha well this diary has turned less about food and more about baby. Mainly because I am unable to stick to ANYTHING. I think 'right I will be good today' come 11 I clock I just HAVE to have this or that. Terrible.

Just found some maternity jeans in NewLook that are inside leg 34"
Way too big at the moment but they were reduced to £5. So I just had to buy them. Primark jeans is what I was planning but they are not long enough.

Feeling very real and emotional. I think I'm finally feeling love. If that makes sense.

We told the inlaws this morning. She was completely confused when we showed her the tiny baby outfit and said 'who is this for' so Neil showed her scan photos and she started crying.

So now I have to buy her wool so she can knit a cot blanket....

This is what my healthy eating has chosen today....

Hot chocolate and cream.

Terrible. However I do have at least 9 or 10 fruit and veg per day!

Hubby has done to see his home team 'Chester' play Lincoln while I do a spot of shopping.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393082645.893474.jpg

Today

Breakfast
Crumpet - down the loo
Cheese on toast x 1 with baked beans

Lunch
Hot chocolate with cream

Dinner
Homemade meatballs with homemade slow cooked pasta sauce and......wait for it.......homemade pasta and lots of veg

Snacks
Apple, banana, grapes, carrots & hummus, ice lolly.

I've used my pasta machine 5 times and I get better each time. I'll get some snaps if I remember.
I

Oh Wow.....not quite sure if this is a craving but I really want a fish finger sandwich with salad cream. Not had a fish finger sandwich in years.

Yeaaaah........9.20 and no running to the toilet. Hopefully this is the end #wishfulthinking

Glad telling the inlaws went well.

Food sounds nice for yesterday. I have a pasta machine but am ashamed to say I've only used it once or twice in about 10 years. I don't think my kitchen is really big enough to use it properly as I think its a lot easier if you have a nice long bit of worktop.

Lasagne.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393171146.093485.jpg
I think I'm actually eating less of my main meals, I've never been one to leave food on the plate. But like I had some lasagne with broccoli and carrots. Didn't even eat it all.

Oh I forgot to say it was turkey mince and I only used 3 sheets of lasagne. 3 layers. Really tasty.

One of my friends is due to give birth at the beginning of March and has had huge changes in what she can eat from a pretty early stage in her pregnancy. She found she needed to eat much more regularly but simply physically couldn't manage her normal sized portions. She was always someone with a very healthy appetite so was quite shocked by this. Sounds like its entirely normal.

Lasagne looks nice. Haven't had one for ages. Its one of OH's favourites.

I've been eating quite normal this week with a smaller evening meal, less snacks!

So tonight (I forgot the pic) I had these amazing pork and apple burgers I get from the butchers. I made a lettuce wrap and never had bread. Tasted very nice indeed, I dunno how i would make my own pork and apple burgers, I doubt they would taste as good as the butchers ones.

New office.......is very new, clean, nice but the kitchen arghhhhh. So our kitchen has no door so that it isn't considered a kitchen. So therefore isn't allowed a microwave or toaster.

We can use the downstairs kitchen between 12.30 and 2. As there is a family action team during other times and the kitchen belongs to them(they use it for the kids) But there are no seats for us downstairs.
So I often make soup for work and cook it in microwave. So it is going to be quite hard to cook, swipe through 4 doors with my swipe card, go up the stairs and through another 2 swiped doors and back to the office. Hot pasta might be easier.

45 of is upstairs so I do think we deserve a door on the kitchen and therefore a microwave and toaster..... I will mention it.

As I'm not a huge bread fan and the thought of sandwiches everyday.....snore

Seriously they cant put a door up....I think thats a bit silly, if they have said here is ur kitchen they need to at least let u have the appliances to cook things with else its not really a kitchen, and I doubt a door will set them back much, built a whole new office but couldn't put a door up....
:-D

Burgers sound good, I bet u could make them yummy! Have u gone off beef?

I like a nice sandwich for lunch esp ham salad with salad cream....ummm

How odd about not being allowed a door on your office! Have you asked anyone about it yet? We are not allowed a toaster in our staff kitchen because its in a hospital and the smoked detectors go off very very easily but at least we get two microwaves. I wouldn't cope very well with just sandwiches for lunch either. I tend to like something warm most of the time.

To make the pork and apple burgers yourself I suspect you could either grate in raw apple or add an apple puree to pork mince. Might not be exactly the same but you could definitely give it a go.

Back