Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Thanks for the burger trick, might try grated apple.

I'll check all your journals tomorrow.

My facebook has gone nuts tonight. I don't really add people I don't properly know, but my hubby has loads of friends. I'm not a huge fb fan, I told all my friends and family about my pregnancy in person/phone or text. Anyway my hubby just put it in facebook, and in 1 hour there are 130 likes and 89 comments. He tagged me, now my phone keeps flashing.

I don't plan on putting it on my page. Lol

I'm about to watch 'one born every minute' for the first time ever. Apparently I will cry.

Fish for tea this evening. It was delicious.

I have a fruit/veg box arriving Fri and I plan to make some yummy soup.

Now I'm feeling better I am going to begin doing Simply Filling. So I begin Friday!!! :) so watch this space.

Does that mean u get 90 weeklies on sf being pregnant?

I watched that on monday, I think they show alot more this time round, u dont normally see the babies come out (which is actually kind of disgusting)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think I just have 49 weeklies, but I'm glad to have all the potato, parsnips etc I want. Plus I'm counting any pasta as free not just Wholemeal.

I likes watching it but I did cry. My emotions must be running high as I didn't even cry at my own wedding. I thought the baby coming out was amazing, I didn't really find it disgusting but it does freak my out thinking how a baby will pop out of me.

So tomorrow I am going to make some yummy homemade soup, don't know what flavour. I will get inspired by my veg box. Normally I go for low calorie soups. But this time I will add lentils or potato to give it more substance.

Then I have some beef, so Saturday I am going to make a yummy casserole with leaks and carrots and potato and anything I was to throw in.

I'm also going to make some pesto, for pasta etc and count this as my oil allowance. As I never really use my oil allowance.

Last of all....I need to remind you all it's pancake day on Tuesday. Screw the diets plans for one night and have pancakes for tea. I honestly think the healthy pancake substitutions are gross lol. I make them plain, egg flour and milk. Then I add my flavours as a topping. Now I follow my mums pancake recipe, you whisk an egg with some milk. Then slowly pour it into the flour until it looks like pancake mixture. That's it. No recipe or measurements. They come out perfect every time. I think she does a pinch of salt but I don't bother. It's about getting the consistency right.

Today's fruit and veg delivery...
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393587320.970347.jpg
I was also a good girl....I asked the man if he could put it in he kitchen for me. I would usually just carry it in myself, but my husband told me not too!! I never usually listen lol

Early lunch was from my freezer. A simply filling Lentil Daal. I made a while ago.

It has carrot, peas, onion, potato, lentils, chickpeas, tomato, rice, spinach, lemon? (I think) garlic, coriander, ginger cumin, chilli, spices

If I remember correctly. I have another 2 of these in the freezer. I don't usually have lunch so early but I'm starving.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393589236.431687.jpg

While I'm in the sharing mood.

Here is my casserole in the slow cooker before I added the liquid, herbs and also a chilli.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393589575.664402.jpg

I'll do another later with finished results. I'm in a doing mood today

Today my baby is the size of a navel orange. I'm not quite sure how big a navel orange is. Here is a photo:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393596784.184302.jpg
Next week will be avocado. So I guess the orange is smaller than an avocado.

It just so happens I have one in my drawer! !!1393600096653.jpg

At least im positive its a navel orange

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Its the biggest orange, santa usually gives them out :-D yummy

Ur casserole looks very colourful and tasty

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393611788.234924.jpg
Smells amazing, just waiting for the hubby to get home. Slow cooking for 7 hours :)

And cool my baby is that big. I'm completely in love with someone I haven't even touched. I never thought I would have this sort of emotion.

First simply filling day has been amazing, haven't even used any pp yet. Maybe I'll have a dessert later though ;)

Yummy

Yesterday

Breakfast
Porridge, Milk, Blueberries
Apple

Lunch
Lentil Dahl
Melon & Grapes

Dinner
Beef Casserole

Snacks
2 x Crumpets with marg (1pp)
Banana Milkshake - with no icecream in it. Just milk, banana, strawberry, ice and some yogurt.

So I never used many pp which wasn't on purpose, I will deffo use all 49 by the end of the week. After the casserole in the evening I was so full I didn't eat anything else, only had a cuppa.

Remaining pp 48

Pregnancy
Still had sickness first thing. I think I felt a flutter where the baby is :) I have been researching stuff to buy. I have decided to breastfeed. All advice says not to buy breast pumps etc as it's a waste of money incase you can't breastfeed. Also don't buy large amount of bottles as the baby might not like that type. Arghh it's so complicated. I want to breastfeed but have some bottles/ supplement on hand, incase I'm tired, or need to go out. Then at least my hubby can help. Anyway I have 25 weeks to look that up!! It's a bit overwhelming.

OMG I can't believe my mum had 4 kids. Just woke up and was sick as usual, orange stomach acid nice. Had some toast and got ready. Felt fine. Driving to Louth so hubby can get his hair cut and then to inlaws. I wasn't gonna go, but it really is better to help them with 2 people.
So almost in Louth and I am like 'Neil pull over now' and I felt all hot and flustered. No carrier bag nearby and I was sick into my lovely scarf. He found me a carrier bag and I threw up way more than just toast. Luckily didn't get any on my clothes. Now hubby is having his hair cut while I'm sat In Wetherspoons with a cuppa in front of me. I feel fine but not sure I can cope with drinking it.

Luckily his parents village is 5min drive away from Louth so I should be fine. I think Lincoln to Louth swirly windy roasd might have been too much for me to handle at 8.15am

P.S having stuff in my mouth for too long, including chewing gun for 3 mins. Also makes me feel ill. I don't want to complain as I'm really lucky and sooo happy. But I'm so tired of this.

:-( thats not nice hope u feel better soon, do u think its due to having a sf day yesterday? My partners cousin just had a baby and she was sick all through the day every day throughout the pregnancy so fingers crossed u stop being sick soon!

Was there anything u ate yesterday that u shouldn't? I remember when I was pregnant I had homemade coleslaw from a takeaway by accident and the next day I was properly sick (not just stomach acid) and that was the only time I was sick actually so quite lucky :-D

I've been sick every day for over 2 weeks. In the morning. I think the sickness in the car was the windy roads and my stomach already being unsettled. I can cope with being sick each morning, it isn't pleasant but I feel fine afterwards.

I love looking at photos on my phone, I have that many I forget to look. Just deleted loads of food ones lol
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393688493.286724.jpg
Me, my daddy and his moustache
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393688533.541016.jpg
An amazing day
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393688670.257445.jpg
My father in law watching us play archery. I had some good fun on his scooter this day. He changed the motor to make it go fast.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393688743.088981.jpg
My mum turned 50
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393688937.948771.jpg
...married.

Thats a lovely set of photos :-D

Yesterday

Breakfast
I'll disregard the toast I threw up
Melon, grapes and apple + Yogurt
WW bagel (free?) with Philidelphia cheese (1pp)

Lunch
Pasta, homemade pasta sauce, tuna and cheese (3pp)

Dinner
Salmon, purple broccoli, new potatoes, carrots, butternut squash mash.

Snacks
Yesterday I felt a bit crappy all day and my appetite practically disappeared for snacks. I had a nice lolly (1pp)

PP used = 5pp + maybe the bagel, I'll check later
Remaining = 43pp

Pregnancy
Sick and crappy. We did what we needed for inlaws. Husband made me promise if I feel like that again just to tell him as he can manage on his own. I felt the baby flutter again :) spoke with my mum on phone as she has began knitting baby stuff. I told her I like white, cream, yellow, mint, even lilacs. Pastels :) for knitted. Like lots of brights in the baby clothing sections. But love a baby in white/cream the most.

Today

Up early and was only sick maybe a tablespoon worth...which is nothing. Yay!
I got some veg and roasted it, to make a roasted vegetable soup. I added potato also to make it more substantial.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393755063.667596.jpg
Came out this colour. I never know what colour soup will turn out until I blend it.

And I made a yummy smoothie
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393755100.165541.jpg
It's just in the fridge now, as I have no ice and I like super cold. It's banana, almonds, strawberry, milk, I added a fig for sweetness. It tastes good :)

Cabbage ideas anyone?

I don't really trust my taste buds recently, like things are weird. I want to do something interesting with my cabbage, it's a Savoy cabbage, I've gone off gravy. Any ideas?

Back