Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

I just eat cabbage as cabbage but my mum smothers vinegar on it. What did you go for in the end?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I just added some soft cheese to make it creamy. Tasted okay. But I have seen some good recipes online to try.

I caused a argument at work today,I booked a week off 2 months ago the same as another colleague. We both didn't realise it was a half term week in May/June. I booked as I'm away for wedding anniversary and other girl is in Tenerife. Anyway the two other staff members are single mums. I always accommodate other people and tend to let them have the summer holidays/Easter/Christmas. When we book leave we all ask each other first and everyone was fine. So it is their fault for not being organised and knowing when half term is. Anyway we have a 2 staff members off at a time rule. Our manager has sided with me and said we booked first and there can't be a priority for mums. Anyway the atmosphere is awful. They have both said they won't come in. I'm pretty annoyed. I've already booked hotel. I'm only annoyed as we both checked before booking and as non mums we have no clue when half term is.

I don't know why I am so annoyed, I don't think it is hormones.

Anyway I know what will fix this.....

Yummy pancakes. Can't wait ;)

Pancake day is my favourite day. I cant wait for them.

I have that same row every year. Because my kids arent my own I was never allowed time off in holidays and things but I always cover when noone is in. It annoys me greatly and is a age old battle in our place. I booked my leave f9r spetember 2013 abiut a year in advance as it covered a week of school holidays and the only other time i seem to get is my birthday as its the start of school holidays but I have to fight for it.....as for Easter forget it no chance lol. Hope the atmosphere gets better but they should have realised. Just think wont be long before maternity leave then you womt have to worry about office politics xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Trying to have an overdue catch up. SF menu is looking very tasty and seems to be working well.

Understandable annoyance about the holiday situation. It really bugs me that certain people assume that their holidays take priority. And it sounds like you they had every opportunity to check earlier anyway. Have your holiday and enjoy it.

Sorry not replied to any of your diaries. I've been so busy.

Followed by a puncture tonight. Flashes up on my screen and I'm like arghhhh. Go to my boot to get a spare (I know...I shouldn't lift) and I have no spare. So my car is only a year old and apparently new cars don't have spare tyres, I never checked. Stupid me. Called a 24 hour repair place, it's a peugeot 3008, so not exactly a small car. Anyway they took it and loaded it onto their truck and I get it back at 10am tomorrow....
Hubby picked me up!! Dunno how I got the puncture.

Anyway he cheered me up by making stir fry. He thought it would be a good idea to use salmon rather than chicken. Not sure what goes through his head. Veg, noodles and salmon. Actually tastes good.

I've also had a HUGE order of craft kits. 200!!! It's going to be a busy weekend. Also the father in law may be back in hospital tomorrow, which will be hard work. His mum refuses to stay with us, she struggles alone, so it's going to be a long few days/weeks.

Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Sorry bout all the bad news there purpled but least u got some good news too :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds like a very hectic week and weekend to come. Hope you manage to get a little bit of time to unwind and relax.

YEAHHHH! Totally unrelated to food but I have just had the best news ever!!!!

My best friend I have known since I was 4 is pregnant! :):);)
She has been trying for ages....she's either 7 or 11 weeks, as she has irregular periods! Her midwife thinks 11, so she will get an early scan! This is amazing news!

Thats exciting, a pregnancy friend

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1394301253.801194.jpg
This is what I have to put up with! 6 tubs of Bertoli in the fridge, 8 loaves of bread in the freezer, 4 packs of large eggs and all this chocolate.

We just buy what they ask us to get, when you actually look they have everything anyway. I swear his parents are losing their marbles. She wanted frozen chips and she already has 5 bags.

I just want to scream, so this week we didn't order all the stuff we knew they had and she went nuts!!! Struggling to cope I really am.

She told me she doesn't have enough chocolate for a week, I 100% guarantee when we return in a week they would have eaten about 2 Mars bars!!!

Sorry I've not posted food etc

I'm having a breakdown I swear, I feel like I'm under so much pressure. I just don't know how I will cope with everything once I have a baby to look after. I feel like getting pregnant is the best thing I've ever done, but it is also probably selfish if us.

Hell if she can eat that in a wk then I will b shocked, im sorry ur struggling purpled I dont think its selfish at all, I think u need help looking after them anyway whether pregnant or not, perhaps u need to take a back seat and let ur partner sort stuff as the last thing u want to b doing is stressing urself out so much u get ill :-D

Not selfish at all. And I am sure OH's parents wouldn't want you to put on hold starting a family for them. Maybe now you have told them about the baby its time to sit down and talk to them about how to move forward for the best for all of you. Probably one for your OH to lead on though - it gets all complicated with in laws sometimes doesn't it? I suspect they have no real idea the effect things are having and how much time and energy it takes out of your life because they are so wrapped up in what is going on for them. People tend to get "life blinkers" when their life changes.

Hope you hope things out with them. But good news about your friend - does she live local to you? Will be good to be able to do "baby things" with her I am sure.

Sorry guys for still not checking up on you all. My older brother is in hospital. I'm very close to my younger brother, he's my best friend but not so close to my older brother. But I'm still upset.

He's morbidly obese, diabetic, depressed, has mental health problems. He's 30 this year and it's hitting him hard he's never had a partner or job etc. anyway he needs an operation on his eyes as his sight is going, he can't have the operation as his diabetes is so out of control. He refuses to see a doctor. Hasn't seen one in 2 years, as he's scared he'll be made to go to hospital.

Anyway his friend rang my mum today and said he's gone crazy. Calling his friend dad, thinking it's Christmas, my mum went to his house and called an ambulance. So not sure exactly what is wrong. They are doing tests. Could have been a mini stroke.

My mum is just so happy that he's in hospital, as she knows he needs help and hasn't been able to help him herself. I know he told me he wants to die, and I dunno....I'm maybe feeling guilty myself. I have never really been able to support or get close to him. But I do think it is because he locks me out. He said he hates me because I have a job, married, own a house etc and I dunno....I know it's not my fault but I think I could have done more to help.

Anyway I think I just needed to write this down tbh. Maybe it will help.

Hope your all well.

Hi poppin by to subscribe,
Congratulations on ur pregnancy when are u due?
Im pregnant and due on the 18th August, im well jealous u have already heard the babies heart beat I dint hear it at my scan havin my second midwofe appointment tomorrow so im goin to ask to hear it tomorrow!
Sorry to hear about ur brother hope everythings ok
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi poppin by to subscribe,
Congratulations on ur pregnancy when are u due?
Im pregnant and due on the 18th August, im well jealous u have already heard the babies heart beat I dint hear it at my scan havin my second midwofe appointment tomorrow so im goin to ask to hear it tomorrow!
Sorry to hear about ur brother hope everythings ok
Xxx

Welcome!! I need to get back I to be habit of updating my food again.
Congrats on the pregnancy and how many weeks are you 16/17?
How have you been feeling?
I have my own thing to hear the heartbeat. I tend to test once a week if I feel like nothing new has happened as it makes me feel better. Did you hear it at your appointment today?

17! No luv :(
My midwife said he kept gettim a whisper but losin it she said its as tho babies koved behind my pelvis! I was a bit worried n she rung me n explained she isnt worried so I shouldnt be she said it ia very normal but imna worrier lol I feel fluttering so im ok!

When r u due?
Xx

Due 29th or 31st August. I had 2 scans as baby wouldn't keep still for down syndrome test. Both on same day, but measurements different. He said I could choose so I picked 29th!

Wouldn't worry about not hearing he heart, they would have seen it beating on your scan. I think it all depends on where he/she is hiding.
Mine is always just on my left and I et he flutters in the same place. So I know it is baby ;) I can't wait front to wiggle and move more were I can feel. Are you finding out the sex?

Ooooooo yes, with Lucas (my lil boy) we went in sayon nah dnt want too no what as soon as they asked I jus said yes lol! I think its a boy jus a guess not long to see..eeekk!!
Are u goin to?
I have had two scans I had a bleed I was 8 weeks I think so its nice to no i seen a strong heartbeat twice! I was hus more disappointment if im honest but she rung and explained that she isnt worries and im not too! I am seein her again on the 25th so hopefully hear it then!

Haha I love that u cud pick

Xx

How are things with your brother now, Purpled? Its tough dealing with family members with chronic health problems. Sometimes especially if you aren't close because there are always questions you will ask yourself about whether you could have done more but people do have to make their own decisions. Even if we don't think they are for the best. Hopefully being in the hospital might shake things up a bit for him and maybe he will feel able to make some difference choices in the future.

Back