Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

I know the oven has to be hot as does the oil. My mum makes brilliant ones but mine are pants. Hope it works.

Cheese toastie - now I want one!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to hear you've had so much on this week. Hope everyone is improving. I do agree with everyone else - its important, especially at the minute, to make sure you aren't over doing things and are taking care of yourself first and foremost.

Hope you enjoy the toastie ;)

With the Yorkshire puddings the secret is mega hot oil (oven up as high as it can go) and disturbing them for a good 20 minutes or so when you put them in. You don't need that much oil for them to work. I've made some pretty epic Yorkshire puddings just using a pastry brush to oil the tin. OH isn't that fond of them unfortunately so its pretty rare that I get to do them. Although I am thinking that they would be gorgeous with the haggis I have planned for tonight... ;)

Home-:)
I looked at prams/carseat/travel systems in town. We have seen one :) can't buy yet as we have no room, huge clear out needed. I was testing it out in the shop, feels real now. It's basically an all in one, takes you from baby to toddler and can be adapted in many ways. I like lime green, hubby likes red, I also like yellow, he also likes blue. So...there you go!! There was only one colour we both didn't like.

Cheese toastie was lovely with ketchup to dip it in, I asked the lady for extra cheese inside lol.

Glad its starting to feel real now. Hope you manage to decide on a colour. Xxx

I followed all advice.
Made the recipe and let it rest for a while for it to fluff up. My mum said this makes it puff up lots

I did the oven hot and left it un disturbed for 20mins.

I didn't use much oil.

Look at these beasts:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1395598500.419199.jpg

Had to flatten them a little to fit casserole in bit they were crispy and tasty. Yum.

So the recipe was for 4 and I halved it as only needed to. Next time I will pretend the recipe is for 6, and only make a third. Super yum!!

Ur tiny still!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's a bump.... :)
My baby will run out of space soon I'm sure.

Apparently people start to show at about 22/23 weeks.....so I'll update my new belly then :)

Yesterday's food-

Breakfast
Avocado, scrambled egg, mushrooms,
Homemade almond milk drink
Blueberries

Lunch
Chicken, lettuce, cucumber, hard boiled egg, sweet potato, olive oil and basil salad dressing

Dinner
Pork and apple burger, broccoli, green beans, cheese, coleslaw(homemade but with shop mayo, as I can't make real)

Snacks
Black pepper nuts, berries, tangerine x 3, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate x 1 bar lol (1 big bar)

Pregnancy
Baby is wiggling around all over the place. Especially after I sneeze. Must scare the little one. Feeling a lot more energetic. I've cut back on the sugar the past few days, tried to eat foods that are a bit more slow burning. My headaches have gone, so has the dizzy/faintness. I just feel more like myself....weird. Then I had chocolate in the evening and my headache came back, luckily it was bedtime :)

Today

Breakfast
6 inch bacon/egg/cheese Subway with BBQ sauce and tea (still can't stomach coffee)

Lunch
Omelette with mushroom, cheese, ham, pepper, onion and avocado on the side

Dinner
Lamb Steak, broccoli, butternut squash mash, salad

Snacks
Apple, Pear, Yogurt

Pregnancy
Got the Down syndrome results back today and I'm low risk, which is good news. If I was high risk we would still keep the baby but I didn't want the 2nd lot of tests done that can cause miscarriage. Then i would have to go through the whole pregnancy not knowing. We only decided yes to the test so we could prepare. I have a 1 in 1400 chance of having a DS baby. In other news, I read that you get out of breath more when pregnant due to increased blood in the body. I ran from the shop to home today as we had a 2min heavy shower and I had papers in my hands. I literally ran for 1-2mins. No longer than 2 mins. I was so out of breath lol, I do still exercise while pregnant but nothing strenuous. I do loads of walking and occasionally stationary biking. But wow....someone remind me not to run.

Your day sounds delicious. Great news about the test. When is your next scan date?

Great news! I was just on the top end of low risk and they told me I should have the amniocentesis test, I did and it turned out my daughter has a faulty chromosome but due to tests we found out it runs in my partners family so no known problems physically or mentally but was scary and they said when my daughter has a baby she will need tests as her baby may get a weaker chromosome that could cause problems, they said that a chunk of the chromosome looked like it had come out turned upside down and been put back in but next time me or my daughter have a baby it could just come out and not go back in! Im glad we had the test now else we wouldn't have known about it plus it guaranteed the sex!

Wow that is a lot to think about. So does it scare you to have another baby? Sounds like a lot to take in, especially while

The 2nd test is quite certain isn't it.

However the first isn't so. Lots of people have babies with DS and they got a low risk. Then people with high risk have babies without DS. So it is a good indication but nothing is definite. I think they look for stuff in the 2nd scan too!

My scans 11th April :)

The amniocentesis is 100% acurate as the fluid around baby contains the babies chromosomes so when they look at that its 100%.
Yes it has put me off and I do feel bad for my daughter when she decides to have children too

It must be hard, but nothing is certain and you and your daughter could go on to have healthy babies. But the not knowing must be difficult, as it can go both ways. Plus....your daughter is young and medics are become so advanced. I would be surprised at what they can do in 20 years time. Not something to worry about right now is it.

I dealt with a family (not in person, just the paperwork) at work. They had a baby with a horrible illness and the baby died aged 2. It was genetic. They have 4 more children and all died. They were hoping for one baby who did not get he condition. I can't remember what it was called but their babies spent a lot of time in hospital and were very poorly. It was horrible to read, for their children who all suffered and for them to go through 5 children all dying. I just thought....how far would they go. I wonder about them now sometimes. Whether they adopted or kept trying. I will never know.

That must b horrible for them u would have thought there would have been one baby who would be able to b born with the other set of genes that gene must b a pretty dominant one

Well I judged them at first and thought it was a bit selfish of them to put a baby through all that suffering. Not sure what I think now, I feel for the parents too I guess!!

My first 'Mothers Day' tomorrow!! I saw a little gift hidden in the husbands secret present hiding place. Not sure what it is, could be a box of chocolates lol! He also bought flowers today, I accidentally saw the receipt, he went in the shed when he got in, so I imagine that's where they are lol. He's going to the Liverpool game, so I have the place to myself :D perfect

Plan - wake up, eat, have a relaxing bubble bath, put my pjs on, slob out on the sofa all day watching films and if I'm lucky, eating chocolates.

Sounds perfect! It is easy to judge that was my first thought but then they must b devastated, its a hard subject

Flowers.....Chocolates.....CD.....and a card.....
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1396165967.726145.jpg
...what a thoughtful baby I have.

My husband however has just left to go to Liverpool and I just heard him put the house alarm on. Grrr he must have had a forgetful moment. As soon as I get out of bed I will need to do a mad dash downstairs to turn it off before it starts sounding......

Breakfast - we are limited foodwise today. But maybe I will have something with cheese on. Either omelette or toast.

Back