Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

It tasted great. I know a lot of people don't like the taste of fatty meat, but as an occasional treat I think it has a lovely taste. Plus we had it with lots of veg!!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398102064.831879.jpg

I just did the biggest sneeze if my whole life. It was so painful, especially lower ab. I felt baby jump, then she wiggled around for about 2 mins. Must have been a shock.

I'm having my first real craving.

Salad cream

I had some on a pre bought salad last week and I have been wanting some ever since. But today I can't stop thinking about it. I'm actually really looking forward to work tomorrow so I can buy salad cream and have cold lettuce and salad cream for lunch. Or a morning snack lol or even on a sandwich.

Oh Wow! Just had a nice relaxing warm bath. Normally my chest and legs stick out if the water! Now my belly does too! Harriett gets pretty active when I have a bath, maybe the heat or that I noticed more when I'm relaxed but she moves like crazy. It was fairly dim, 2 candles and no light other than daylight at 7.30: I could see her tapping my belly. It was weird, slightly surreal. I shouted Neil to come and watch but she stopped lol! Then just as he was about to go he saw it!! Yay!!

Belly pork looks fabulous! Mmmmmm. Hope it was as tasty as it looks. Every now and then I think some unctuous fatty meat is lovely, everything in moderation. And there is a lot of current research that suggests that animal fat isn't as bad for us as we thought. I don't intend to dive head first into a vat of lard but I occasional bit of belly pork seems entirely reasonable.

Did you manage to track down some salad cream? Haven't had that for years and years. When me and OH met the only thing he could really "cook" when I visited was cheese on toast but he insisted on having salad cream with. Happy memories :)

Yes Salad Cream in the fridge!! I've not had it in years either. But it's tasty. I love salad dressings, so it is a change.

And I'm so p****d at people. First of all 2 people have told me my bump is too small for 22/23 weeks, that I should see my midwife. My answer 'I had a scan 2 weeks ago and baby measured the exact right size' I think people are rude to make stupid comments. My midwife told me when I went for 20 week scan that because I'm tall, baby has more room to move, everything will happen at the right time. Some girls don't show until they are 28-30 weeks.

2nd - why do people have to touch my belly. I know loads of people that have been pregnant and I've never randomly touched them without asking. Actually I've never asked lol I just haven't touched.

3rd - stop telling me what to eat. This one REALLY annoys me. People saying I'm eating too much and will find it hard to lose the weight after birth. Well excuse me.....I am eating cos I'm hungry. I do eat a lot I must admit but I always have really. Apparently your supposed to eat an extra 350 calories a day while pregnant. So I don't count calories but if I did....I think to maintain my weight I need 2200 so add on 350. That's 2550 per day. I can eat what I want lol

Anyway most these people are not good friends, just people at work but it makes me sooooo angry. Maybe my hormones but I just think they are rude.

But good news.....another good friend pregnant. That's 2 if my bridesmaids and me all pregnant. I'm really happy. Not planned at all.... :)

Last of all.....Harriett is being sooo energetic. She must be laid with her feet down and head up like in breech and she is constantly kicking my bladder area. I have had to go for about 6 wee's this morning, each just the tiniest amount lol!! I do my 37 hours per week over 9 days instead of 10, so I have every other Friday off. We are going shopping this afternoon, then for some food and then a show tonight. She better behave for the show. Our seats are in the middle lol!!

Have a Good Friday everyone.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398420646.884278.jpg
This is the look I'm going for today lol....my top is loose, no one will notice lol!! I'm determined not to shell out on too many maternity clothes.

http://handmadeburger.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Handmade-Burger-Menu-Print.pdf

Love them burgers. Best ever.
I had Mexican Beef Burger
Hubby had Lamb Tikka Masala Burger
Chips x 1
Veg & Hallumi Skewers x 1
We share sides
2 bottomless drinks. Yum

What burger would you pick? I always struggle to pick. It's different each time.

its a bloody hard choice thats why, wish there was one of these by me the other half would be in his element!!
id prob go for the american or the peri peri....
or id prob work my way through the menu every time i went ha

Tough burger choices! Looks a lovely menu. I would probably go for the beef option with blue cheese and bacon or the Haiwain chicken burger.

I go to this place from time to time in Nottingham. It is utterly fab. And also presents terrible menu indecision. Annie's Burger Shack

As regard people and their insistence on involving themselves in your pregnancy - completely understand the annoyance at it. I find it really really weird how reproduction in one area of life that is very personal and yet everyone and their gran seems entitled to pry and involve themselves in it. I often have a related but opposite issue with colleagues becoming incredibly inappropriate prying into why I don't want children. You are doing great so just tell them to bog off!

That is also a fab burger menu atomic. The one I went to is a chain restaurant but I'm pretty sure it's only northern.

Anyway so I did a before shot of my dinner as I always forget the after.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398534536.277565.jpg
Looks pretty gross raw lol
It's chicken thighs stuffed with chorizo and herbs. Yum. Gonna have the left over with a salad tomorrow lunch.
I plan to eat with new potato, watercress, cucumber, beetroot, giant couscous and a big squirt of salad cream.

Hope to catch up with all diaries tomorrow. Hubby is out at Liverpool game. I plan on:
Listing 8 items on my etsy/ebay
Packaging 15 orders
All this should be done by lunch I hope.

Afternoon - DVDs and sofa time. I have life of pi in 3D, not sure if I can be bothered with that. I have 2 game of thrones to catch up with. I feel like watching old films like 'back to the future' or 'superman' or something. I can't be bothered to concentrate much.

Mmmmmmmm I just want to say delicious! The juices from the chicken and chorizo looked and smelt too amazing not to use. So I added a small amount to the jumbo couscous! Good decision. Taste sensation.

Organised.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1398594145.824029.jpg
All my shop buttons and finding all stores nearly. This makes me feel better :)

So relaxed. I'm laid on sofa in shorts. With my top pulled up so my belly is out. Cos when I'm relaxed Harriet comes out to play. I can see my belly twitching and popping away each time she moves. It's amazing and it makes me feel a bit emotional. I don't know why.

Hi hun
Sorry havent been around been t primrose valley for the weekend a very welcomed weekend awat!
Firstly ppl need to butt out....how can ppl say ur bumps too small? Are they midwifes ect NO!! Ignore them, if ur slim anyway ur bump will b a bit smaller and ur still only 23 weeks wait another 3/4 weeks and u will b bigger..im showin a bit but its coz of how mich weight I have put on!!!
As well the whole eatin thing as long as ur makin the right choices plenty of five a day ect eat what u bloody well want my luv! I have about 7icepops a day and love it lol!!!

Dnt listen t anyone hun enjoy ur pregnancy
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mmm ice pops I should get some of them. I've not been hungry today but I've picked at stuff. Harriett is more active when I eat so I love that way too much :)

Today's menu

Breakfast
Banana Weatabix x 2 and almond milk
Banana flavour Weatabix taste good :)

Lunch
Pasta, pesto, green veg and chicken

Dinner
Gammon and hopefully pineapple if the hubby remembers. I need to decide in new potatoes or chips. With mixed veg/

Snacks
Dried cranberries
Apple
Handful grapes

That's so far anyway....I still have chocolate in the fridge that I may open tonight.

Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. And I find bagels help my happiness no end... ;)

Back