Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Arghhhhh! Spent all day doing my tax return. Couldn't figure out why I was £450 down. Then I figured out it was a big order I did for a school and they wanted their invoice sending online, so it wasn't recorded in my receipts book. I'm so stupid...spent over an hour checking all my numbers. Anyway all done. Waiting for my p60 from work so I can get it all sorted! Luckily all my business money is in a separate bank. So once I have paid the tax I can transfer whatever else into my personal account.

Had a rubbish week. I had a shooting pain down one leg. So very painful. I went to doctor and it's 'pelvic girdle pain' which is basically 'pregnancy sciatica'
Something inside me is pressed on my nerves. It is pregnancy related and should disappear after the pregnancy but there isn't much I can do. You can have a healthy back beforehand, it may effect you in one pregnancy but not the next, it's very common. Most painkillers are off limits, I've been advised not to take any. But the pain is worse when I'm sat down all day (work). Standing up and sitting down hurts a lot. Apparently it will only get worse. Blah!

Other than that I've been beaming with smiles. I'm obsessed with my belly. Laying in bed, watching tv, laying on sofa, any chance I get I pull my top up so I can watch baby Harriett wiggle around. I'm fascinated. She is so active.

Food has been normal. I have a smaller appetite than usual but I've never been hungry. I just can't handle big meals. Whatever I do eat keeps me full for a long time. No weird cravings. I'm so boring.

Today's Food

Breakfast
Egg wrap (square wrap) with cooked cherry tomato
Honey and hot water (have a sore throat)

Lunch
Jumbo couscous, olives, peppers, cucumber, rocket, spring onion, balsamic dressing

Dinner
Chicken wrapped in bacon - cooking right now)
Carrot/swede mash
Mixed Veg
Gravy

Snacks
2 x ice lolly

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399307245.455540.jpg
New horse nextdoor

I am rather impressed with your new neighbour! And the view over his shoulder. Is it fairly rural where you live? We are very much in still in Nottingham but we do have a resident tawny owl in the garden which is rather lovely :)

The sciatica looks awful. Hope it improves a little. Do you need to take some time off work if it is worse when sitting down?

We are in a small Villiage. Our garden has that garden with a horse on one side, another garden with a horse at the back. Then the other side there are 6 houses in a row, but the trees block them out so we can't see in. It's all very green. But we don't have a Villiage pub which is disappointing, the next Villiage is 3 miles across a field which we do walk in the summer for a pub lunch and cider. We do however have a chippy.....that also does pizza and kebabs lol!! And a postoffice/pharmacy/corner shop all in one. 2 decent schools. Train/bus service.

Market Rasen Races tomorrow....looks like rain. Then a weekend in Manchester for hubby's bday.

Just wanna share my bump bands. 3 in a pack for £7.99 from Newlook. I got Grey/white/black.

Basically you can wear your pre pregnancy trousers like this:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399710162.681044.jpg
Ignore my mirror that needs cleaning I just noticed lol. You get an elastic band or hair bobble and do this. The only problem is....when you bend down. Your bum pops out haha!!

So you put the band over your trousers and bump like this.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399710224.051147.jpg
Then you have no bum cleavage when you bend. Plus it kinda supports the bump a bit.

Money saver!!! As I don't wanna buy new shorts/jeans and stuff and none of it fits me.

Plus I did a WI today. That's a grand total of 19lbs gained!! Mostly on my belly, chest and hips. This is weight gain I LOVE :)

I was just thinking about being in Dubai at 9/10 weeks pregnant and thinking people could notice my belly. Holding it now and then so it looked like I was pregnant and not fat.

Haha I'm 24/25 weeks now and I can clearly see that at 9/10 months my belly looked flat as anything haha!!

Last edited:
Love ur top!!
Never seen them before...when I was pregnant with lucas so goin bk 5 yrs ago I brought work trouaers jeans dresses tops I spent a fortune for none of it t fit me after I kept a few tops for bed as it dint matter it was too big!
This time got some leggins a couple of tops but thats it!!

It is awful wen ur at the inbetween stage of ppl lookin and thinkin pregnant or fat lol u jus wanna wear a sign dnt u!!!

Hope u have a fab weekend hun!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Hun!
The top is £4 from primark. Size 16 for looseness. With the bump band underneath. As you can see I've gone to town on the maternity wear spending haha!

We are just waiting for train now.

Sounds like a lovely location where you live :) I grew up in a small village in Suffolk until I was about 5 and we moved into the big town and always imagine moving back to a rural location one day. OH is slightly less keen. He loves the countryside but likes the convenience of living in town. We shall see.

Hope you enjoy your day out and don't get too wet. Weather doesn't look conducive to a dry day out!

U deff look pregnant now! 19lb is ok, is that what they say u will gain by this time?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

U deff look pregnant now! 19lb is ok, is that what they say u will gain by this time?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Who knows lol! I don't really mind. I have been eating well and not over indulging. So I don't mind the gain!! I am just happy! Plus I am not overweight yet lol, not that being pregnant means I'm overweight but you know what I mean.

Wet and gloomy in Manchester. The hotel is lovely and has a tv in the bathroom. So after ahoppig today I am going to get in bath, watch tv and relax. I think we might be going to Jamie's Italian tonight, I'm quite looking forward to some yummy pasta or risotto.

Just bought some lovely baby bits from primark. They are beautiful. We are trying not to go too crazy as we know people will want to buy gifts extra. I've also just seen the hugest pregnant lady ever. She looks like she is about to pop. I'm thinking 'oh sh**' that will be me in 3 months. I'm starting to dread the whole thing now I'm getting close. The labour I mean. And I'm petrified about bringing up a baby.

Sounds very reasonable to minimise the maternity shopping. Much better to buy stuff afterwards that you can wear and enjoy for much longer.

I truly can't imagine how terrifying being confronted with all the changes a baby will bring but I you will be fine. And I hear its all worth it ;)

Nom!! Might give the cheesy bread (1st pic) a go one time on a crusty bread bun all for myself.
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399922457.114090.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399922468.870253.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399922479.617343.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399922486.348909.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399922497.665559.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399922503.837660.jpg

He hubby is in for a surprise tonight. Lol! Made a curry, all the usual ingredients, followed the recipe exactly. Then thought....mmm why not. Threw in another green and red chilli. Prepare to have your head blown off hubby!! :)

He hubby is in for a surprise tonight. Lol! Made a curry, all the usual ingredients, followed the recipe exactly. Then thought....mmm why not. Threw in another green and red chilli. Prepare to have your head blown off hubby!! :)

my other half wouldnt appreciate that haha he doesnt like anything spicy and i mean he literally stick to a korma from the indian (yak!)
btw - ive joined u with the pregnancy! hehe :)

Congrats :)
All exciting....I love being pregnant now I'm past the hard bit..so you'll be fine :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1400093835.198755.jpg
Tonight's food. Salmon for me, salmon and tuna steak for hubby. Corn on cob, broccoli and baked potato. The salmon was lovely. Wild pacific, more pink looking than normal. Tasted Devine. Should have done a photo once cooked but I forgot. The other pan was pasta sauce for some work pasta lunches. I did onion/green and red chilli. Then cooked them a bit and added some pasta sauce I made a while pack :)

How was the extra hot curry greeted?

Interesting food pictures you posted at the top of the page - the bread you mentioned does look rather good :)

It wasn't as spicy as I thought it would have been, he just ate it.

The food photos are from pin ter est.
I want to try the bread one :)

I've been waiting for today ALL WEEK! Sat in my garden, lemonade, shades on, radio on, pj shorts on (my shorts don't fit) it's beautiful and lovely. I'm not at work! Normally weekends are rubbish weather.

Sunburnt for the 2nd time ever in my life: I never burn. Not sure if I can blame being pregnant or not? I was wearing factor 30.

Sunburnt for the 2nd time ever in my life: I never burn. Not sure if I can blame being pregnant or not? I was wearing factor 30.

Omg I feel ur pain I have burnty back and I was wearin factor 40!!!!! Ouchie!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Factor 30?? I never go anywhere without a good coating of factor 50!

Hope it improves soon though. I haven't been sunburnt for a very long time but do remember how horribly painful it is.

Back