Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Put on 3lbs in 3 days!!!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by purplefish, 9 February 2010 Social URL.

1. purplefish

purplefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/WW
    I weigh myself as often as I can to keep a check on my weight loss. I`ve been losing a pound a week which I`m pleased with and when I last weighed myself on Saturday I was 11st 11lb. I weighed this morning and I`m 12st!!!
    I don`t get it, I haven`t done anything different. Now I`m trying to make sure I lose another pound this week so I need to lose 4 pounds!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Has this happened to anyone else and you`ve still managed to lose?

Tanya
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    GET OFF THE SCALES :whoopass: To genuinely gain 3lbs youd need to have eating an EXTRA 15000 cals - not something you can do without noticing ;)

This is exactly why you shouldnt be a scale hopper. Put them away and weigh yourself on Saturday. The '3lb gain' could be a multitude of things, none of which are a real gain. My weight can fluctuate by 3 or 4lbs depending on things.

Weighing yourself once a week is the only way to get a proper indication of how your diet is going.

4. Jane1982

Jane1982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(20.1%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/calorie counting
    i agree with starlight. I am guilty of going on the scales every other day so i understand the temptation. If i were you i'd leave it a couple of days and check again. Make sure you weigh at same time every day as your food/water intake will affect weight.

5. purplefish

purplefish Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.25%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/WW
    Thanks for the replies, I know what you`re saying. It`s really difficult to not check! The scales aren`t even in the bathroom where I can see them! I have to get them out of a cupboard first!

Tanya xx

6. sunshine1

sunshine1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge 810
    Have to agree with what everyone else said. Try and stick to weighing once a week if you can't handle the fluctuations on the scales.

I had to get the OH to hide my scales as i was getting paranoid.

I did ask him for them on Monday as i came back from my hols.
    I weighed 13st 6lb yesterday morning and i was well excited so i thought i would hop on again last night and what a disappointment as it read 13st 11lb:eek:. I had only had 2 CD shakes between weigh ins. I did have a couple of litres of water though.

The scales are hidden again and i will only get weighed by my CDC.

This is a brilliant post about the scales, well worth a read.
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/61295-measuring-success-scales.html

7. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    Last night I weighed 6lbs more than I did yesterday morning. I'm used to that though, I know what foods/drinks/totm affects my weight so it doesn't bother me. And I was back to 'normal' this morning.
    Give your scales away to someone who'll bring them around once a week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.