put weight ON, 3 weeks running now

3 rd week i put on half a pound, 4th week another half a pound and this week another pound..i'm following it to the letter....how can it even be possible??

This has also happened to me for the past month I have gymming 3/4 times a week doing combination of cardio and weights and I have also put in weight. I have been told this can happen when you first start but my clothes all still fit and in some areas not looking so flabby. Going to stick with it as exercise cannot be a bad thing maybe our bodies just need to adjust and hopefully the pounds will start melting away....

Could you show us an example of your food dairy so we can see if you are going wrong anywhere? :)

First thing is don't panic!

Next you need to give us more information to work with - post a food diary of everything that you eat, details of any exercise you are doing and whether this is a new thing etc.

It could be any number of things but it's imossible to give any advice based on your post.

Yes post your food diary for others to comment. Sometimes we do something a bit wrong but don't realize.

Don't worry about it though.

Irene xx

i understand ur frustration ive started at the gym went 4 times last week weigh in tonight and my scales say 2.5lb on!!! Not impressed at all stuck to plan 100% thinking not to even bother with WI x

Step away from the scales and get yourself to WI!!!
Not going is a really bad idea and if it comes to the worst and you have a gain then at least you know it is down to the change in exercise routine and that it will come off again soon.

i just feel i dont deserve the line of:

'youve had a slight gain, do you know where you went wrong??'

When exercise is the 'right' thing to do?!

Totally disheartening!!

X

firstly you don't know if you have gained - sneaky peeks and different scales, so you are bringing yourself down over something that hasn't happened and may not happen

but if it does, and the consultant asks you that question then you have an answer right there. You haven't done anything wrong, you have started exercising and possibly not had enough water. it's a support group not an inquisition after all so you have no reason to feel disheartened.

Hi, maybe you could take a look at my diary I've put on 4 lbs since exercising and a typical day for me looks like this since I do red days

B: All Bran (HexB) with milk (HexA)
L: fresh soup usually would be homemade but at the mo with no kitchen it will either be sainsburys carrot and coriander (HexB) or Tomato and Basil
D: Usually chicken or fish with salad or veg

Snacks: fruit, alpen light bars or if treating quark with options sachets mixed in. I usually stay around the 10-15 syns

okay thanks,gonna go and dig the sheets out now and i agree with Lauratrev(sorry if your names slightly wrong)...the weigh in ladies were so supportive when i lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then when i put 0.5 on in the 3rd week they couldn't hide their disappointment:(

sunshinesparkle said:
okay thanks,gonna go and dig the sheets out now and i agree with Lauratrev(sorry if your names slightly wrong)...the weigh in ladies were so supportive when i lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then when i put 0.5 on in the 3rd week they couldn't hide their disappointment:(

I think that losing 12lb in two weeks is pretty fast- bear that in mind too, as your body can still be adjusting.
Stick at it, keep a diary on here so we can help you, and please ask if you're unsure.
Sometimes a gain is unexpected, I know my 0.5lb gain was last week- but you'll get there. The body works in mysterious (often frustrating) ways! :) good luck hun!

The thing is i know ive gained as my scales are near enough dead on to the classes scales, gonna give it another week and if its another gain im going to stop my membership, i think id rather see the scales go down each week than be messed around i have roughly 2st7lb now (after 3 weeks of gains) to target and i want to be there by xmas

Annoyed really is an understatement :(!

lauratrev said:
The thing is i know ive gained as my scales are near enough dead on to the classes scales, gonna give it another week and if its another gain im going to stop my membership, i think id rather see the scales go down each week than be messed around i have roughly 2st7lb now (after 3 weeks of gains) to target and i want to be there by xmas

Annoyed really is an understatement :(!

Have you spoken to your consultant about this? What does he/she say? Do you submit a food diary for them to check?
Hope you get it sorted :) good luck

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Lots of things could contribute to this gain, it looks to me as though you maybe aren't eating enough?
Are your bowels regular? How are you in your cycle? When I first started at the gym my weight loss slowed right down (I had 8 stone to lose), but caught up with a 4lb loss in one week.
This time of rejoining the gym I put on 1lb last week, but I knew it would happen and I'm just waiting it out.
Also check out the myfitnesspal site they have articles on why weight loss slows, including not enough sleep, stress, eating too fast.

When exercising have you eaten first and immediately afterwards? Have you measured yourself? Losing weight through diet makes you lose fat and muscle, so by regaining the muscle during exercise it could cancel the loss out, but more muscle=more fat burning. Also are you eating more than you did before, exercise means water loss, thirst signals can often be misinterpreted as hunger pangs.
Maybe try doing a green day mid week to confuse your body.

Great article. I think I'm just going keep going and sticking to plan. Eventually I will have to start losing pounds!!

Why not try a week of EE or alternate between the plans?

Well i spoke to my consultant, Suggested to eat alot more superfree and free foods to kind of say 'compensate' for all the exercise to make sure im eatibg enough and to try a couple of more glasses of water/nas juice.

I did gain :(.....0.5lb but im gonna continue on board and take all of your advice and keep going maybe next week i may see results......

On a brighter note my group voted me woman of the year for the 2nd year running i nearly cried i was so made up its made me think to stay positive xx

Congratulations on being Woman of The Year.
I have just told myself that regardless of how slow and disappoinitng my losses are I have to stick with it.

Well done again on all you have acheived so far. Keep going. You have proved you can do it.
And you will reach target, so keep going.

Back