put weight ON, 3 weeks running now

it just seems a bit pointless at the mo as I'm following it 100% and giving it my all and i'm putting the weight ON...also have to put up with people saying i must be eating crisps,chocolate etc...and I'm NOT!...also i did some research and it said in order to gain 0.5 pounds in a week i would've had to eat an extra 250 cals a day...And i hadn't!I'm not exercising either so it makes no sense

Same for me too... I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and i wear a heart rate monitor so I know I am defo burning calories. Last week I put on 0.5lb, I was gutted! I carried on exercising and following the plan all week and this week I lost 0.5lb (think I was secretly expecting slightly more!)

This week I'm not doing any exercise as an experiment to see what impact it has on the scales. My WI is on Saturday morning so I'll let you know. Just for the record it's doing my head in not going to the gym, I really do love it! Just need to get closer to the 9's before the scales start slowing down

sunshinesparkle said:
3 rd week i put on half a pound, 4th week another half a pound and this week another pound..i'm following it to the letter....how can it even be possible??

Are you doing extra easy or original and green?

I was the same on SW, up and down like a yoyo, and hand on heart I followed it to the letter, gave my diaries in each week, even the class leader was confused. After 7 weeks, I had lost the grand total of half a pound!!! I just don't think it was for me, too much "free" food I think x

it just seems a bit pointless at the mo as I'm following it 100% and giving it my all and i'm putting the weight ON...also have to put up with people saying i must be eating crisps,chocolate etc...and I'm NOT!...also i did some research and it said in order to gain 0.5 pounds in a week i would've had to eat an extra 250 cals a day...And i hadn't!I'm not exercising either so it makes no sense

Ok lets see a food diary or give us a typical day of what you eat & drink.

Do you have your syns? If doing EE are you having 1/3 plate superfree, are you weighing hex's when you need to.

i was a wee bit miffed this week as i just lost 1lb...i had done everything the same as the previous weeks...and last tuesday my GP put me on Xenical...so i was really hoping for a better result, but i will stick with it for sure, ;)

Same for me too... I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and i wear a heart rate monitor so I know I am defo burning calories. Last week I put on 0.5lb, I was gutted! I carried on exercising and following the plan all week and this week I lost 0.5lb (think I was secretly expecting slightly more!)

This week I'm not doing any exercise as an experiment to see what impact it has on the scales. My WI is on Saturday morning so I'll let you know. Just for the record it's doing my head in not going to the gym, I really do love it! Just need to get closer to the 9's before the scales start slowing down
I really dont think you should pack in the exercise, even if it is slowing your losses I bet it makes your body in a better shape and more toned whilst your losing.

Hi Beckyftwx

Don't worry, I think his week is just going to be an experiment just to see what happens, I really do enjoy the gym/classes too much!

I've just joined at a new gym which has lots of classes, cant wait to try some, which ones do you like best? Might have a go if my gym offers them too

I do a mix of spinning, zumba, body attack, legs bums and tums, and body pump. I have just bought a vibration power plate however I'm waiting until after my WI on Saturday before I hop on it!!

BeckyT said:

Hiya im interested to know how u got on did u have a loss??

Just im contemplating doing the same, been avin extra superfree, water been 110% this after 1/2lb gain last week and my scales today told me ive gained AGAIN :( hope not i cud cry WI tmora so i know it could b wrong but still its so disheartening

Hi Laura

I didn't step foot in the gym this week and I lost 2.5lbs! Could just be a coincidence!

Hubby and I had the week off of work and we did do quite a bit of walking whilst we were off. Not quite sure what go do with myself this week however I was over joyed that to see some movement in the scales.

x

:( sorry i really cant help it.... Ive done it from day 1 unfortunately...

Thanks for letting me know: well done! :)

Just struggling to grasp why i work my bum off exercising and eating really well for it to go backwards...fingers crossed for tmoras WI!

If not im going to try adjusting my exercise for the 3rd time maybe drop a class or two see if i can find a happy medium if that makes sense cos i did do bodycombat once a week and still lost but with time to spare at the mo i wanted to up my game cant win argh!

I know exactly how you feel believe me. I was absolutely shocked when I'd gained a 0.5lb, it was completely unexpected.

I've seen the odd post on here saying it's not possible to exercise whilst sticking to the plan and have a gain and that it can only be due to the food you put in your mouth however I am living proof that that's just not true! I even wear a heart rate monitor when I go to the gym/do classes so I know how many cals I have burnt

The best advice I can give you is step away from the scales until your actual WI and stick with the plan as it really does work. Whatever you do don't give in as you'll only end up right back where you started x

I was reading an interview with Louise Redknapp she said that her weight went up when she worked out. I know people say you don't build muscle that fast but if you are stressing your muscle it causes tiny tears ( is how muscle builds) thus fills with fluid whilst the muscle builds. Also dietary weight loss is a mix of fat and muscle so as you exercise you cancel out the muscle loss, however the more muscle you gave the more your body will burn fat.
Just make sure you drink enough or you may overeat!

Ive been gaining practically every week before I went on holiday, I know how you feel.... 1st WI this Tuesday in 3 weeks, I was ready to quit but decided against it.. Good luck to you on your continuing journey xx

On a brighter note my group voted me woman of the year for the 2nd year running i nearly cried i was so made up its made me think to stay positive xx
well done on being voted woman of the year, what a fantastic incentive :)

Back