Q for CDCs - moving to the 1000 plan

Dinosaur

I'm currently on the 810 plan, although occassionally slipping back to SS+, but I'm only about 7lb's off BMI25 and am now at a stage where I want to start eating again.

When I start the 1000 plan, will I gain weight in the initial week or 2? I know it's still a weight loss plan, but I guess with the introduction of carbs I'm going to regain the glycogen stores.

So how much do you gain on your initial move to 1000, and would you therefore advise not weighing for the first 2 weeks of 1000 so as to not depress yourself?.

Also, what are the losses like once you get over the Glucogen thing? I'm still over a stone from goal, but don't think I can 810 for another month or 2, so feel 1000 will be good for my sanity:rolleyes::D

You should find that when you move from the 810 plan to the 1000plan there will be no weight gain:D In fact you should still lose that week.

I went from 790plan to 1000 plan and that week I still lost 2lbs.

The stabilisation steps are designed so that you wont have a gain from the glycogen stores as the carb amounts are introduced very gradually.

Well done for your weight loss so far, and dont worry re the 1000 plan you'll love it:D

Tracey
x

You still lose weight on 1000 plan. Your body needs 2000 cals ... so you are only getting half of what you need. The first week of 1000 you start to top up your glycogen levels as you introduce carbs ... but they are in a small amount. So maybe the first week won't show a loss on the scales - but you will have lost fat if that makes sense?? The usual loss is about 2lbs - ish on each of the higher plans ... drinking lots of water and sticking to portion size and what is in the yellow book.

I advise a minimum of 2weeks on each of the plans - which is 6weeks in total = about 12lb over the course of the going up stages.

Thank you Tracey and Beverley!

It seems such a lot to eat on 1000! Lots of carbs and well just lots of food:D It seems impossible to lose on it, but I'll bow to your superior knowledge;)

I think I'll 810 until Monday then switch as it's school half term and it'll mean I can be a bit more sociable with the children.

If the losses stall or slow right down then I might go back to 810 for a bit, or waiver somewhere beween 810 and 1000 until I'm happy to go back up.

Thanks for the advice!

Back