Qualifying criteria for suitable Dukan Foods...

alottolose

Gold Member
Can anyone tell me what the qualifying criteria is for foods suitable to the Dukan diet...

I've been trying to figure out, so far all I have is that they must (if sweetened) be artificially sweetened rather than with sugar.....and fat free or low fat?

but what are the carb and fat ratios we're supposed to stick to?

ie. how many grammes of carbs/fat per 100g of product...

Sarah - he really doesn't talk in these terms at all in the book as you know. And on his official website, even in the coaching part, he doesn't either.

He lists 100 foods to eat freely and says somewhere that he's not forgotten any... so if [whatever you want to eat] isn't on that list, then it's a no go...

Over here, he advises cooking fresh - basically any industrially produced food will have something added which we can't have... (sugar, fat, starch, something!).

The hardest thing is probably dairy to figure out because over here it has to be 0% fat, which doesn't exist seemingly in England (or rarely at least).

am going to be really sarcastic and put you can eat anything thats boring and not that nice ;)

salmon + smoked salmon are lush!

so are you telling me.
salmon or choc you would go for salmon?

in the summer probably yes! (Last week's four day binge included very little chocolate for a previous chocoloholic!! I did however have a little salmon with a lotta pasta, cream, cheese, butter etc!)

I hear you though - whenever I say I "miss fruit with Dukan", I remind myself that I never ever binge on fruit, so can hardly say I miss it THAT much!!

I hear you though - whenever I say I "miss fruit with Dukan", I remind myself that I never ever binge on fruit, so can hardly say I miss it THAT much!!

I do miss fruit - especially in summer... I had two bites of Mango last week, and half a Strawberry today... Cherry tomatoes are nice at the moment so that's my 'substitute fruit' I eat as a treat!

Ah that explains it then.

I eat tomatoes when I'm getting a fruit craving lol. I think the 'veg' which includes tomatoes is low GI

Call me a cynic but I think the wind was blowing a certain direction the day he wrote that page!

His inclusion of certain things is illogical... and I expect if one person ate all those things on the same day, there'd be a problem!

Oh yeah that reminds me. On the official Dukan forum it states (off a mod employed by dukan) that only 1 egg yolk per day. BUT i was looking at the book again last night and it deffo says 2!

anyway....Jo do you know if we can have game...pidgeon etc?

p. 145 of book
"Poultry: with the exception of flat-beaked birds such as duck and goose"...
"Pigeon and quail add a festive touch"...
"The best way to do pigeon or quail is on skewers".

That's all I find...

thanks. :D love pidgeon x

I don't think I've ever eaten pigeon... but the darned things certainly make a lot of mess here!

cant even get veal in supermarkets here either :(

Many think that's a good thing though...

Back