Quarterly Challenge - Welcome Aboard One And All

November week 3 - 3.5 lb gain for me :confused: Don't know what happened as I was super good and even went to the gym more often this week... Got upset after weigh-in yesterday evening. This is my first gain and if I was bad I'd have expected it but I was expecting a nice bit of a loss to be honest. :mad:

November week 3 - 3.5 lb gain for me :confused: Don't know what happened as I was super good and even went to the gym more often this week... Got upset after weigh-in yesterday evening. This is my first gain and if I was bad I'd have expected it but I was expecting a nice bit of a loss to be honest. :mad:

Don't be disheartened the same thing happened to me when I joined the gym but you'll have a nice loss in a few weeks if you keep at it :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Whenever u start a new form of exercise it turns fat into muscle and muscle weighs more xx it means u getting leaner xx

Whenever u start a new form of exercise it turns fat into muscle and muscle weighs more xx it means u getting leaner xx

Sorry, this is a hot button for me and i'm sorta having a Sheldon Cooper moment so please forgive me if this comes out wrong, it is meant in the nicest possible way but if it were that easy, athletes wouldn't need to train for hours upon hours for years to achieve the muscle levels they do.
The weight gain at the beginning of a higher intensity exercise regime is caused by tearing in the existing muscles as they are worked harder than they are used to. To compensate for these tears, the body retains water to cushion the muscle and protect it from further damage as they heal (stronger than before).
As the exercise regime continues, the muscles heal and are better able to cope with their load and so the water is no longer required to protect the muscle. At this point (around 4 weeks from the beginning), you will start seeing more accurate losses (and perhaps some true muscle building).

Hi - sts for me week 3 - November. Well done to u losers! Thx Kay for carrying on with the s/sheet xx

Sorry, this is a hot button for me and i'm sorta having a Sheldon Cooper moment so please forgive me if this comes out wrong, it is meant in the nicest possible way but if it were that easy, athletes wouldn't need to train for hours upon hours for years to achieve the muscle levels they do.
The weight gain at the beginning of a higher intensity exercise regime is caused by tearing in the existing muscles as they are worked harder than they are used to. To compensate for these tears, the body retains water to cushion the muscle and protect it from further damage as they heal (stronger than before).
As the exercise regime continues, the muscles heal and are better able to cope with their load and so the water is no longer required to protect the muscle. At this point (around 4 weeks from the beginning), you will start seeing more accurate losses (and perhaps some true muscle building).

I love pedantry. That's not sarcasm either; I am a shocking pedant at times and I really enjoy it in others. Apart from when it is directed at me of course. :)

Well due to not being well with teeth problems and anti biotics have lost half this week, bit down about it as i only had 40 syns still it a loss keep up the good work everyone xx

Hey ,
sorry I have not checked in for few weeks, so will write down numbers for November
Nov week 1 +5,5 lbs
week 2 stay the same
week 3 + 4 lbs
week 4 - 12 lbs :D

Thing is I have been ill for 4 weeks and its my first week after getting well and weight loss I had is all over the top. Could not be more happy then I have now =)

Thank you

One on for me week 3. *sigh*.

Just focusing on maintaining , ATM
Week 3, and 4 , are sts,
Wasn't sure if I posted last week sorry xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just focusing on maintaining , ATM
Week 3, and 4 , are sts,
Wasn't sure if I posted last week sorry xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

good idea to maintain sometimes - you've done so well with ur 7 stone loss bet u feel so much better - and it'll do u good to stabilise the weight xx

UPDATE - SUN 23/11/2014 :D

November 2014

Hi everyone, :)

Please can you make sure that you continue to quote the relevant week number for your loss. Here are the week numbers for November (we are in week 4 right now) :-

WEEK 1 - Sat 1st Nov to Fri 7th Nov

WEEK 2 - Sat 8th Nov to Fri 14th Nov

WEEK 3 - Sat 15th Nov to Fri 21st Nov

WEEK 4 - Sat 22nd Nov to Fri 28th Nov

WEEK 5 - Sat 29th Nov - Sun 30th Nov

Thanks Kay xx ;).

Back