Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee

Loved that programme. Was lovely to see her being 'just a mum'

I didnt watch the concert - but I did watch a programme just now where Prince Charles went through old cinefilms of the Queens reign and it was actually a really nice genuine heartwarming sort of programme. Shes always been this kind of distant figure as far as I was concerned, but it made her seem more "human", and also him, seeing him chuckling at things from his past.
That is exactly what it did for me. It was lovely to see them all giggling together and to see Prince Philip hurridly pulling his kilt down when he went roly poly down the slope.
Mind you I have loved every minute of the excellent coverage of the celebrations.

I found the concert weird, Cheryl Cole, Elton, Cliff, Macca all sounded dire! Not surprisibg the Queen had earplugs in!!! And What the heck was Stevie Wonder on?

Madness, Kylie, Jessie J, Tom Jones were all F.A.B! Even Grace Jones was something to watch.
Loved Rolf, thought the 'comedians' were absolutely awful, cannot abide Miranda anyway. Tired jokes aplenty!

Best bit was Charles' speech!

Agreed, Charles was brill wasn't he! The concert was a bit ropey in places but the end with all those fireworks and patriotic declarations was great!

Can't help but think Live And Let Die was not perhaps the most appropriately titled song to finish the show with under the circumstances...

I did think some of the oldies should have kept their mouths shut and let us all remember them as they were.

Mind you I suppose that Shirley Bassey at 75 years old,Cliff Richard at 72 years old, Rolf Harris at 82 years old etc. etc. the achievement of these Golden Oldies war pretty, damned good.

I hope I am as good as them at those ages.

Really enjoyed today's celebrations, and once again thought the Queen looked absolutely beautiful!

And to celebrate...........

003.jpg004.jpg

Last edited:
Shirleen said:
I found the concert weird, Cheryl Cole, Elton, Cliff, Macca all sounded dire! Not surprisibg the Queen had earplugs in!!! And What the heck was Stevie Wonder on?

Madness, Kylie, Jessie J, Tom Jones were all F.A.B! Even Grace Jones was something to watch.
Loved Rolf, thought the 'comedians' were absolutely awful, cannot abide Miranda anyway. Tired jokes aplenty!

Best bit was Charles' speech!

I agree but in fairness to Elton John, he has ha a terrible throat infection-so much do that he's had to cancel concerts, so I think with that in mind he did great! But the others-especially Cheryl cole! Thank goodness for Gary Barlow being there eh!

Back