QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Evening all!

Thanks Corsacar and well done on your fab loss this week! I know just what you mean about insensitive comments, some people just can't help themselves, can they?! It seems like it's ok to poke fun at people who are overweight, or ask personal questions, but I bet the same people wouldn't do it to someone disabled, or with a huge birthmark, or really short or something!!! The only other time people get really personal is when you're pregnant - near strangers will think it's ok to put their hands on your bump, or ask about piles/wind/indigestion or swollen ankles!!! Drove me crazy!

Hi there Loopylou and welcome to the team. We're a really great bunch once you get to know us, very supportive, but often quite naughty and some of us are downright mischievous! We'll be here for you whenever you need us! VCLDs are the spawn of satan as far as I'm concerned, I love my food too much to ever do one of those, so I hope you find a healthier way with Slimming World!

It's been very quiet in here of late - where are Patsy, Bev and Sian - you can usually rely on them for a bit of naughtiness!!! Hope you are all well, whatever you are up to xxx

Morning :).

Great losses jigglymum and corsacar:).

Well done on your latest nsv spanx it feels so good dosen't it.

Welcome loopeylou to the team.Congrats on your new job.Your new pics are amazing well done you!!.

corsacar i know what you mean about insensitive comments,once a lady at work said to me have you always been fat:eek: well i couldn't believe it,i was gobsmacked,i just didnt answer her at the time.She was not mrs perfect.some people egh!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week :).
xx

Where are you going Loopylou? Sometimes you can have a good night out on a lot less than 50 syns if you're going to the right kind of place!

For example, I meet my friend for a meal once a month and we usually go to the harvester these days, as I know I can have an almost syn-free evening! Of course it helps that I'm driving, so not tempted by that wicked red vino, but a hunters chicken, with bbq sauce on the side and only one slice of cheese, with a baked potato and veggies plus a salad with no dressing = less than 5 syns (for the BBQ sauce) + 1 HEA on an EE day! Mmmm, thought is making me hungry now!

We used to meet at the indian, or the chinese, but I just can't resist over-synning there!

Hope everyone is well! I have been working at home today, and spent an hour or so at lunchtime buying clothes from that site that Laura mentioned - Yours. Got to go to a wedding next weekend and didn't want to spend loads on something that (hopefully) won't fit me soon - anyway, they've got 20% off everything today, which meant I ended up spending a fortune, but have hopefully got a whole new winter 'going out' wardrobe! It's yoursclothing.co.uk if anyone is interested!

Spanx - I love "Yours"....I have a shop 15 mins away and spent a small fortune there on Saturday for a few nights out i've got coming up ( my works leaving do :D ) and a few new bits for my new job.... hope you love your stuff.
I'm going to a restaurant local to us.....there food is fairly rich, last time I went I had Scallops for starter but most of the main have rich sauces etc....only good thing is its not too oil and the portions are fairly small lol
I will be having a few drinks but will be sticking to JD and diet coke. Have cut back syns to 5-7 a day running upto it and will cut back from sun-wed when weigh in.
x

Spanx - I love "Yours"....I have a shop 15 mins away and spent a small fortune there on Saturday for a few nights out i've got coming up ( my works leaving do :D ) and a few new bits for my new job.... hope you love your stuff.
I'm going to a restaurant local to us.....there food is fairly rich, last time I went I had Scallops for starter but most of the main have rich sauces etc....only good thing is its not too oil and the portions are fairly small lol
I will be having a few drinks but will be sticking to JD and diet coke. Have cut back syns to 5-7 a day running upto it and will cut back from sun-wed when weigh in.
x

I didn't even know they had shops! I've just been and checked the list and there are none near me, but there is one close to one of my company's offices, where I occasionally have to go - will definitely make time for a trip if I have to go there one day!

Sounds like you have planned well to take account of your night out, so just enjoy it and don't feel guilty!

I didn't even know they had shops! I've just been and checked the list and there are none near me, but there is one close to one of my company's offices, where I occasionally have to go - will definitely make time for a trip if I have to go there one day!

Sounds like you have planned well to take account of your night out, so just enjoy it and don't feel guilty!

If you can get to one then make sure you take loads of money / credit card and lots of time....I spent 1 hour trying on clothes :D the staff are fab in the one I got to as well and pick stuff for me that I wouldn't even think of trying on but god it suits me!
I'll update saturday about my night out with hopefully no hangover lol
x

Morning all! How sad am I? I realised I'd lost all my weekly WI details, so I've just sat and gone through all my posts to find out how much I lost each week to date and made a new spreadsheet! :eek: I can't stand making excel spreadsheets either - must be feeling really dedicated!!! :D

Hope everyone is having a good day - weather is vile here, but I'm going to have my hair done this afternoon, so that will brighten the day up!

Hi all

Spanx I hope you enjoy your pampering and meal out!

I feel a naughty weekend coming! It is my sisters birthday and all family are coming to stay. My sister lost 9 stone with sw and has been at target a couple of years now and was a consultant for a while- she is an inspiration! AnywAy she has and always will be a chocoholic so I have made a cake with probably 2000 syns in it! And we will be eating out twice

So the plan is do lots of body magic this afternoon and evening cleaning my house, pick as sensibly in the restaurants as possible and have the cake and wine but no other syns- so Mondays wi is a little scary! But I want to enjoy the weekend!

Also me and dh are having a new bed delivered later, we have had a mattress on the floor for ages so will be a real treat! Think I will do a sw picnic for dinner in the bedroom!!!!!!;)

Enjoy your weekends girlies!!!! Xxx

Good evening lovely ladies :D

Well done on the losses and NSVs so far this week -what a bunch we are :party0049:
Hello to LoopeyLou -glad you found us :D

The weather here is seriously manky -all misty n grim -so comfort food seems to becoming more interesting mmmmmmm

Claire -I have put the cornedbeef hash on my diary ;).

ooohh ladies I don't know if they exist in all chippies -but where I come from you can get cheese n onion "fryits" -looks like a fishcake but bigger. Anyway I used to love them on the rare occasion I went to the chippy and yesterday I concocted something pretty damn close :happy036:(we had 1 with home made wedges and baked beans) and when they are cold they taste like cheese n onion pasties (but without the grease) :bliss: -I have stuck the recipe on my diary too -they are nommy nommy nom nom

We had to nip shopping this evening as they have decide hubbs HAS to go on the exercise on Sunday :mad: -so I needed to get the heavy bulk stuff just in case they keep him out for the full 10 days (I can walk and fetch odds n sods if I run out)
So as of Sunday I will be left to my own devices :sign0151: -I can feel mostly green days coming on ;)

Not trying to lead you all astray but there are still some great deals going on at La Redoute -especially in the 75% off section :D
Hope you are all well and having a good week... be back soon-keep up the great work..

Evening my lovely ladies! Hope all is well in princess-land tonight!

I was over the moon earlier today when I tried on a pair of size 18 M&S jeans that had been languishing in the cupboard for more than two years - they fitted! Woohoo! I was beaming like a cheshire cat all afternoon in the hairdressers, especially after my hairdresser asked me if I'd lost weight...! :D

Capricorn, I had a look at your 'fryits' recipe - looks delish, I will definitely be trying that one!

While I was in Sainsbury's earlier, I bought Jamie Oliver's new cookbook, 30 minute meals. There are some lovely recipes in there, which could be made SW friendly pretty easily - even with Jamie's love for olive oil! Lots of nice pasta and salad recipes - I will endeavour to tinker with those that look particularly nice and post the recipes on here...

Well, WI in the morning. I'm really hoping for a good week, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Night all x

Afternoon ladies!

Firstly, congratulations on any losses! :D Wooooo! I lost 2lb this week, which takes me to 0.5lb away from 4 stone :D

Spanx - fab loss hun...you're now 0.5lb less than me! I'm going to have to try harder next week, lol! :8855: To be fair I did drink all my weekly syns in one night last weekend, and it's not looking any better for this weekend as we're off out in Pembroke tonight, wooo! :)

Just a quick one from me I'm afraid as I'm busy marking...there's no end to it this year :(

Have a fab day all!

Sian xxx

Ha! Sian, you're on - race you to 200! Missed you around these parts missy, hope you get some more time to yourself soon! Have a great night out xx

Coo-eeeeee! Helllllllooooo! Where is everyone?! Don't tell me you all went and found something far more interesting to do...:confused:

It's a revolting day here, which is a shame as I had planned a bike ride with my son. Will just have to get stuck into some housework instead! :eek:

Morning ladies!:D

Well the finally what seemed to be the never ending week of never ending nights has ENDED wooo hooo:party0011:

spending this morning chilling out catching up on what every one has been up to (hopefully followed by some :family2:with the kids and some :love: later) but probably just a lot of :4635: lol

Hope your ok sweetpink, i have "mother issues" mine has a way of paying me a compliment that is totally an insult......getting called cuddly bum (aka fat arse) at 32 is NOT cute!!!:p so i know how you feel :eek: easier said than done but try and let it was over you ((((BIG hugs))):gen126:

well done jayde, sian, sweet,capricorn an spanx on your losses :wee:
sian am intrigued by this "sex thimble" :D lol and cant wait to find out more.....sorry but i have no life and am very nosy :p

corsacor i hate when people ask the " have you always had a weight problem?" and " does your sister carry a lot of weight too?" questions, mostly because my sister if 5ft9 blond and slim, usually i tell them that but follow it with "she is also flat chested and has an right attitude on her" neither of which is true (i lubs my big sis very much) but it tends to shut 'em up quick :D i cant stand they "youve got a lovely personality" one either but being the shrinking violet i obviously am :rolleyes: that usually gets shot down with " no i don't I'm a cow" which is quite true :p

:welcome:to loopeylou!! I've not been on here long at all but i love it like tea and my duvet, every one is so supportive and lovely (if just a touch mental but in exactly the most perfect way)

I love "yours" and am currently perusing the site looking for a Christmas party dress, but putting of buying it in case its to big by December also i might actually fit in to the 12 tonne of unworn "will slim in to" clothes in my wardrobe.

food wise this week i've been quite good mostly red days as usual, has a slice of pizza in work last night as one of the guys is going back to days. but apart from weetabix and some melon it was all i had (coma all day to busy for lunch all night) so it cant have done to much damage :confused:

ooooo my most epic post yet :character00148:, sorry must still be full of night shift specially brewed coffee :banana dancer:

am offfski to eat the nice chicken salad i made for my lunch /dinner/supper that i never got chance to eat in work:eek:

hope your all having a lovely week end
xxx

sian am intrigued by this "sex thimble" :D lol and cant wait to find out more.....sorry but i have no life and am very nosy :p

Morning all!! :D Or I should say afternoon, oops! I didn't go to bed until 5 though so it feels like morning to me, lol!

Jigglymum - I'm also intrigued by Alan, aka "sex thimble"! ;) He's the Head of Maths at the school I teach in, and one of my line managers as of this year. He's a little shortie, which is prob why he got the nickname, lol! :) I might be a tad obsessed with him :eek:

Spanx - I'm in for the race to 200lb! :D

Well, once again ladies I probably drank all of my weekly syns in one night :rolleyes: I go out with good intentions of behaving myself, but I usually fall at the first hurdle! At least I don't feel too :jelous: at the moment!

Hope everyone has a fab day :)

Sian xxx

Good afternoon all :D

Well done on the losses ladies :clap:

As is now becoming the "norm" -I lost another 2lbs this week :bliss:-Im going to put some effort in this week and see what happens ;).
Husdybundle -has left to go on the exercise :sigh: -not that we have any idea how many days he will be out for (p*ss up n brewery spring to mind) .... but it should be a maximum of 10days :cross: -so I expect you lovely lot to help keep me amused and out of the fridge :flowers:
Last time he was away the "munchy monster" didn't come to see me so pinkies crossed this time is the same-but just in case I will hold some of my syns for the end of the day ;) -today I have planned my meals -but I have 11 syns going spare...just in case:D
I won't be venturing to the gym whilst hubby is away -so my plan is to give the wii some welly -I have done NO exercise at all this week :copon:
Im planning mainly green days for this week -today is a red one though...
Right -I had better get off and catch up and then finish my meal plan... have a great afternoon all -will pop back in later :D

Afternoon everyone.

Well done on all the fab losses:).

Hope everyone is having a nice sunday.

I lost 5lbs this week:D.Very pleased.

have a nice evening.

xx

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D

Only me! How are you all? It's rather quiet, have people suddenly got busy?

Just thought I'd pop in as it's been a while since I posted. Busy, busy and all that. I keep having to remind myself that it's good for me! I've finally finished my first big essay to hand in tomorrow and I'm at the stage where I don't even care if it's good. What a great way to be.:eek:

In sociology I had to pick from a list of current issues to research. Yes I picked obesity. Don't know why, I have no personal knowledge of it at all. :giggle: Okay, I'll be serious for a minute....I have an online anonymous survey which if any of you lovely helpful ladies would like to take part in I'd really appreciate it. I've just PM'd a mod to check if I can link to it so your answers would be very welcome if you wouldn't mind.

There's my plea anyway.:p

Im heading for a gain this week I think. Week started badly and continued for two days and boy when I fail do I fail badly. *sigh* It has taught me that the food I've been dreaming about isn't actually that good so I can't see me making the same mistake again.:fingerscrossed:

Well done on the losses, keep it up everyone.:D

Back