QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

That sells it even more for me as I really struggle to get my HEX's. Today I've had half a HEXB and for once my HEXA.
Really going to read up on this now. Thanks

If your not having your a&b, then i shouldnt think you would struggle at all with extra easy hun. omg, just been reading your recipe for smash garlic bread, that is the one thing i have really been missing, i am sooo gonna make that. I have never had smash before, what type do i need to buy, cant believe i have been missing out on syn free garlic bread! Mmmmm xx

I don't usually like smash, but this recipe isn't half bad. I love my garlic and naan bread, I had to find an alternative.
I guess any of the syn free instant mash would work. I just use the Tescos one, cheap as chips.

Morning all!! Another glorious day here in the depths of Wales :D What has everybody got planned for the day?? I'm procrastinating completely this weekend - got school work to mark for tomorrow, but as you can imagine that thought is about as appealing as a hole in the head!! :giggle:

I'm off to Tesco in a bit, armed with my Clubcard vouchers - £14 this time, which should go a long way towards getting everything I want, yay! Anything that cuts down the cost is a good thing in my book! :D

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Sian xxx

Morning all -
Hello and welcome missWilliams :D ...hope things improve for you soon...

Well Im reporting in with a 3lb loss :bunnydance: -with it being star week Im more than happy -and it leaves me 1 itty bitty lb to get my 1.5st -and to achieve our mini target ;)
Im another one doing EE -I knew I would find it easier as hubby is doing it too -so its less faff keeping an eye on hubby this way.. I prepare all the main meals and pack up his snap box too and EE is ideal.....I also think it makes me watch portion sizes where as going on green days could be fatal with me being told eat as many potatoes as you want :8855:...

I reckon the idea of having different monthly challenges is a great idea...rather than measuring our success purely in terms off lbs lost....

off the top of my head I can think of:-
  • so many mins of exercise a day/week/month
  • to try at least 1 different recipe a week/month (we can swap recipes)
  • to make sure everyone is drinking so many glasses of water -even if its flavoured with SF squash... (I like this one as I drink between 3-4.5lts of water a day) :8855:
  • to do at least 1 nice thing to pamper ourselves a week/month -be it hiding in the bath with loads of bubble, a book and that "something nice "*syn counted of course* :p
  • I like the eating super free foods too as I eat enough fruit n veg to keep a gorilla happy :p
Im sure there must be loads more that others can think of....come on folks throw in the ideas....

My personal focuss for this week is to make sure I eat my healthy B every day AND as close to 15 syns a day too -I know I need to eat them or when my weight loss slows Im going to have nowhere to cut back :eek:

So tonight (by which time I hope its cooler) for dinner Im doing :-
  1. braised lamb shank with carrots, onion, rosemary
  2. Hm yorky -1/2 an 8" one comes in at 4.5 syns (using milk from allowance and what I have syned)
  3. steamed potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, green beans
I will also pay 8syn for a scrummy yogurt and 2syns for the milk for the yorky -so 14.5syns today

oohh and before I go I have racked up 31 mins on the wii fit this morning :whacky068:-I did step several times, kung fu and 10 mins advanced boxing (my fave)..
I don't know what everyone elses schedules are like but I have found that if I exercise in a morning I feel like I want to do more later... its much better for me than leaving until the evening ;)
oohh I ordered "just dance" yesterday and another game one that looked fun... :gimi:I will see how I take to this and then get "biggest loser" -they didn't have that on amazon :mad:
right -enough waffle Im off for now -have a lovely day everyone

Hi Dudette....
mmmmmmmmmm yorky raisin n biscuit mmmmmmmmm :p-I used to love those...I don't even know if they still do them :confused:..
Nope -its a good ole yorky pud Im making -hubby is golfing so we won't have it until early evening..its good as it is scorching here...
Im going to have a bowl of HM broccoli and asparagus soup for lunch and fruit (I had 2 rashers of bacon and fresh baby tomatoes roasted for brekkie -so I don't need much as Im stuffed (bacon does that to me :D)....

I realised when you mentioned chocolate that I haven't had any choc, nuts, crisps, sweets since I started 5 weeks ago -and Im not missing them at all :eek: ...

Thanks for that link -I will save that and look at ordering it once the other stuff arrives ;)

Hi can i join? i am a late jkoiner as my husband broke the computer! GRRR!
Bit about me.
Lorraine 29yo. live in surrey with my husband, son michael (mikey for short) and our cat flossy, I am on maternity leave at the moment but work as an emd which is an emergency medical dispatcher, i answer 999 calls and give advice etc and stay with the patient till ambulance gets there sometimes helping to save lives over the phone.
I get weighed on thursdays and this is my 6th week. lost 16lbs so far.
xxxx

Morning lovely ladies

Woooooooo well done capricorn, thats a fab loss, go girlie! I will update our list in a sec, not long now girls and we will have finished our mini challenge.

Dudette, i though capricorn meant a yorkie bar too! I thought she must have been trying to get her syns in!!! I do now want a yorkshire pud though with dinner later on!

Welcome fattynomore, of course you can join us! hope your enjoying your maternity leave.

I love your ideas for next challenges capricorn! Yay.

Well, i was up at 7am this morning, i dont quite know why! but i decided to get some exercise out the way, so i did my first biggest loser workout. The sweat was rolling down my back! and that was the light workout! So i am really looking fwd to the next one. I was pretty pants at it today, but am hoping to get better at it! And it tells me i have to do yoga tonight!

Keep going girls, were all doing really well!

xxx

Louise - 5lbs - 1.5lbs off!!!
Capricorn - 4lbs - 3lbs off!!!
Corsacar - 5lbs - 4lbs off!!!
Freyasmommy - 3.5 - 1.5lb off :)
Dudette - 7.5lbs - 5.5 lbs off!
Slimline tonic - 7lbs
Christiana - Personal target to beat the scales!
Chelleb79 - 5lbs
StIvesLiz

Yay Capricorn well done! I think I'm heading for sts tomorrow and I don't know why :( it is * week but I've only done the same as every other week :/ I'm doing EE bit thinking maybe I eat too much pasta/potatoes etc....who knows!

Plan for today iiiiis...
Actually make it out of bed! Brekkie is loads of fruit, fat free yoghurt, and a hi fi bar, lunch of lemon & garlic cous cous (shop bought so whole pack is 2 syns) with cucumber, seeetcorn, lettuce and maybe some tomatoes! And dinner...haven't thought about yet! Thinking syn free curry...mmm!

Going to be lazy today I think, sit in the garden and enjoy the glorious sunshine and NOT think about completely failing tomorrow! Like I said before, next week is a new week with even. Better intentions...I haven't been doing anything wrong but I'm going to do even more right :)

What has everyone else got planned today?
Xxx

Corsacar -If you have stuck to it then don't worry (I know it pees you off when the scales don't say what we think they should) -but it will show -even if not this week ;)
do you think you are drinking enough water?

Im doing EE too -but Im careful about my carbs as I know Im a serious carbohydrate junky :p .... I have found that if Im doing rice/pasta 50g dry weight is plenty for me -especially if Im doing special fried rice as I put loads of yummy veg in and it bulks it out too.
If Im doing potatoes I will have 2 about the size of an egg .
When I used to need bigger portions (last time I was on WW) I used to do spaghetti bolognaise -but bulk out my spaghetti with steamed white cabbage -was lovely too:p
Losc-sorry if I have you wanting a yorky pud :p
that game sounds great Im going to have to give in and get it aren't I

Good Morning All :)

Congratulations on the 3lb loss Capricorn, thats brilliant. My dreaded WI tomorrow :eek:

Welcome fattynomore. So jealous you're on maternity leave, I was this time last year and its so nice not having to work through the nice summer days! Your job sounds so interesting, scary and satisying all in one! Hope this group will inspire you to lose the weight you want.

I've also been up early today, was at the leisure centre for 7 swimming. It was lovely, but you wouldn't believe how many other crazy people are there that early on a Sunday morning! Went on the Wii for 45 mins or so when I got back so I now feel all exercised out for the day. May go for a walk later with the family, but apart from that I'm done.

My plans for today are, omlette with mushrooms for lunch and then a BBQ this afternoon/evening. I've just made some homemade burgers and I've got the syn free morrisons sausages and some mini chicken fillets. Going to use my HEXB for a wholemeal roll (I hope...does anyone know the weight this has to be?) and then have some salad, onions etc. Does this sound ok to everyone? I'm always a little nervous going off Green days, but I think this should work. Hoping its not too risky as its WI tomorrow!

Just off now to sit in the garden with my bowl of strawberries and raspberries and soak up some sun.

Have a good day everyone xx

good morning all.
feeling quite low this morn as i can't exercise and my partner and son have gone on a 6 mile bike ride and me stuck in house with bad hip aaarrrggghhhhh.

i went to tescos and could have brought a massive big choc bar but didn't controlled myself.

Chelleb - the roll needs to be 57g for a HexB hun :) Your meal sounds lovely though! Btw...do morrisons do syn-free sausages?? I though the Eat Smart 60% less sausages were classed as 1/2 syn each? Or are there other sausages there that I'm missing out on!!! :)

xxx

they used to be syn free but arent anymore unfortunately.

the cumberland quorn ones are a good substitute! xxx

It's a good job I have a few syns to spare then! They were so much tastier than quorn, so well worth the 0.5 syns. Think I might need to get a more up to date directory, they are free in mine.

BBQ was lovely and my roll came in under weight so was consumed with my burger, yum.

It's been really weird today being on a red day, I've not eaten meat (in quantity) for ages!! Really made the most of it. Got to be good now for the rest of the evening....all I'm left with is fruit and possibly a mini milk, depending on how desperate I get, so may be a tough one.

Hope you're all having a good day xx

Back