QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Well done Chelle, Corsacar, Patsy and Kasia! We're really motoring now aren't we?

Kasia, fantastic to have come back from 3 weeks away with only a 0.5lb gain - just shows how SW must have permeated your subconscious! Hope you threw Marvin out over the sea somewhere!

Patsy, hope you manage to keep your motivation up while you're away - just think of all those lovely salads, seafood dishes and fruits you can have... Remember, like the kids from Grange Hill used to say - 'Just say no!' to anything naughty (well, anything naughty and food-related, we can't expect too much from you can we?! :eek::D)

Laura, stick with it hun, you have done amazingly well so far! I know just how you feel about both clothes shopping and sitting in front of strangers at an interview. I'm losing my job at the end of the year and thinking about interviews brings me out in a cold sweat - not about answering the questions, but because I keep thinking they won't be able to see past my weight. So, just remember how far you've come and how great it feels to be in control of your weight - apply that to the interview and you'll fly through it! x

BTW, Louise, I think a superfree challenge is a great idea! Either that, or making one of your 5-a-day a completely new fruit or veg that you've never tried before...

OMG Spanks... what are you trying to say?:eek:

Hang on a mo... I'm having a flash back...;)

It involves whipped cream and strawberries...

But of course I would use fromage frais now!!! :8855:

Flash back! :8855:

Good morning everyone :D Just a quickie from me before I jump in the shower and bog off the work :)

First of all, well done to everyone on their fantastic weight losses :clap::clap: Looking good ladies :D

Apologies for not covering everything/everyone individually, but it's that long since I've been here there's too much to catch up on :eek: lol

Patsy, hope your daughter is ok now and getting over the accident. It's such a worry when your kids are old enough to take to the road :( I swear they're more of a worry when they're older than when they are when they're likkle.

Well, as Patsy has already pointed out, I won't be going out with 'the man' anymore :eek: lol He was (in my opinion) trying to sabbotage my 'lose weight' efforts! Flowers I can handle and appreciate, but tables booked in fattening restaurants, wine and chocolates just got up my nose :mad: lol I kept telling him to stop as I was doing SW, but did he listen? NO! So, after him telling me I'm fine as I am (like it's got owt to do with him!) I completely flipped my lid, gave him a mahoosive piece of my mind, threw the latest box of Roses at him, and told him to go fatten someone else up cos it wasn't happening here! :8855: I feel fab after loosing just 2.5 stone and I'll be buggered if I'm expected to do battle with someone (least of all a sodding man!) to explain myself! grrrrrrr lol What's wrong with flowers and a pineapple eh? or flowers and a melon? :8855:

Anyway ladies, after my voddy bath last week and only loosing 0.5lb, I have been saintly this week and am hoping to have lost more when I WI tonight :D Although I have to say, it's not looking good :( lol I think I got away far too lightly last week and will still be paying for it this week - but hey ho, nevermind, that's life and the mysteries of the human body :D lol

On a postive note though, my work skirts are feeling looser this week, so ya never know! lol I've resisted getting on my own scales (identical reading to the SW ones) because I didn't want it messing with my head :D (is there room in your hubbys car boot for my scales Capricorn? lol)

The extent of my 'body magic' this past week has been work, work, walking the dogs and more work, with the addition of a bit of tiling, screwing (oi! I was only putting up a new bathroom unit! lol) and a modicum of painting. Due to my weekend being spent soley on 'house' stuff, I've not done the ironing, which is peeing me off now, because I've got to iron something to wear for work today! :8855: It was far to hot to iron last night, so I'll have to show willing tonight instead :( I freaking HATE ironing! :8855:

Have a fab day everyone. Well done again to everyone on your fab losses. And good luck to everyone still to WI this week (me included! lol)

I will try to get back later to catch up with all you lovelies, but if I get eaten by the iron.......Chelle and Patsy - have a brilliant, brilliant holiday and try not to bring back more lard than you went with! :8855::8855:

Oh, I can't wait to see what the results of (those who are trying) the fishy week. I might be tempted if your results are jaw dropping enough! lol I'm already 50% tempted to raid Capricorns fishy menu (lazy me! lol) and give it a bash :D

Take care everyone, and may the power of SW be with you all! :D

Morning lovely ladies!

Bev, lovely to have you back!well done to all the LOSERS out there!!! and to those who gained, well done on minimising the damage, 0.5lbs is bloody fantastic kasia after 3 weeks holiday!!!

Ok. So .....I am restarting my fishy week on saturday. My heart is not in it at the moment, i think after being naughty over the weekend, i really need to be able to have my jacky spuds/rice/pasta to keep me on track this week. And i want fishy week to be a lower carb week to get the best results. So im gonna concentrate on being saintly within EE til Saturday, then will start fishy week sat and have a full week of it before i WI. Cant wait to see the results everyone gets. I have most of my fish in and menu sorted, so its all ready to go.

Bev, on the one hand, i think its lovely that "the man" liked you just as you are, but i completely get what your saying, if you expressly told him to stop buying choccies etc, i think you had right to call him a saboteur!!! And there are places he could have taken you that would have respected your sw lifestyle, so maybe he was just selfish...No, really, can that be right? a selfish man? ha ha ha

Have a great day all. I have just had a ham cheese and salad toastie and it was bloody lovely!

Ooooh Patsy, have a fab holiday hun, Mmmm sangria, pimms ........ xx

Hello all you lovely ladies!

Look what I found-:princess: a little dinky princess! Awe! Although does look like she has a tape measure on her head- maybe she is taking the measuring a little far....

Anyway was just a quick post to say well done to everyone for the losses and to anyone who put a ickle on.. well its a new week! Start it with a smile!

I was extremely naughty and ate a ginormous chunk of cheesecake last night- :eek:
I was thinking this morning I may as well have just stuck it straight to my arse as thats where it will go! Lol ahh well a new day is here and resist the cheesecake I shall!

Just some random ramblings really and a hello. My parents are here this week and have bought the entire contents of their fridge with them- complete with dad special 'chocolate tin' full of extremely chocolatey and tasty biscuits and general yumminess. So everytime I open the fridge its looking at me- the *******.

Have a great day everyone!! :D

Claire x

Good morning:)

Well done to all the losers this week:D.

count me in, i'm up for another challenge anything helps :).

laura hun good luck with your interview you hold your head up high,you have done yourself proud with your achievements so far,keep positive you are doing fantastic:D.

chelleb and patsy happy holidays have a great time enjoy yourselfs:D:D.

welcome back kasia hope you had a great time:).

bev it sounds like you have had a busy time with diy good luck with your wi and also all the other tues people wi .

have a good day all.:D
xx

Good afternoon lovely ladies

Tis another warm one here again,although not as bad as it has been :D

Kasia -welcome back Mrs :happy036:Glad you had a good time and that itty bitty gain is a bloomin achievement and a half -well done... I could gain that on a trip to the shop :p
Corsacar -well done on the loss hun :happy096:-hope the headache has gone,
Patsy -well done on your loss...and have a good jolly
woohoo Bev -nice to see you back,, and well done for not being led astray by that fella :clap: -as if you need his permission to eat what you blinkin want :eek:you are doing this for you not someone else...hope you took the nice nut choccies out of the roses before you threw them at him though :rotflmao:.
You can send me your scales if you like :p-hubby reckoned he was putting mine in his locker at work -until I pointed out that if he forgot them on friday night I would make him fetch them at 6:30am on Sunday when I need them;)
Louise -sticking to the plan that you know works for you makes sense, as you say -you can start the fish week on Saturday... then you will get a true reading too :scale:
Claire... there nothing like folks bringing goodies when they come a calling is there!! and THEN sticking them in your fridge...*bad dad* :slap: :p

Well Im part way through day 3 of fish week -I made tuna "pate" for lunch -hell I had to do something with the tuna...
am I the only one that can't swallow tuna in water? I just chew and chew and it gets drier and drier and just won't go down :confused:*give me tuna in sunflower oil anyday* ...anyway -I made it "swallowable" -and I have half left for the day after tomorrow,,,,
My resistance bands arrived yesterday -so this morning I did my first proper EA sports interactive work out:character00115: -it didn't take as long as I usually spend -but it was more intense and controlled -so hopefully it will work:cross: I did warn hubby that if he cam home from work and found me tangled up in a heap on the floor that A)-we haven't been burgled and B) Not to get any ideas :rotflmao:
-Im trying to be good this week and have "days off"*Im on about exercise here* -I know its supposed to make your body work harder/better -but its hard to stay off the sodding wii :eek:

rigth that is far too much waffle from me..
Hope everyone is well and come on ladies we can hit that 40lb off between us this week :woohoo:
woohoo surreygal -nearly missed you :D

Hey everyone:) Well I got confused and today wasn't the actual interview just the information day and tests but I had to fill in a long questionaire why/what/how about the course and had an informal chat with the course leader. We had to write a piece about a personal achievement so I explained about my weight loss and how it's an on going goal. It may not be the most exciting thing to write about but I have no significant work experience and wasn't sure raising children counted. Anyway, we'll see what they think lol. As I was writing it I realised how much I've changed so even if I don't get accepted I feel better about myself. So yay.

Thanks again for all the support yesterday I would have been in an awful state by the evening had I sat here alone all day depressed. You're all lovely.:D

WI tonight, I'm taking along tissues as I'm likely to cry but it won't be the first time. I'm going with thoughts of the big picture in my head, 1 week isn't the end of the world however much it feels like it! Wish me luck. :giggle:

that sounds great laura. I did my bit of writing about my aunt dying and still got in so you will be fine. God... i'd forgotten about that and thinking back, Im amazed they let me enrol at all!

I got on my wii today Capricorn... though it was to thrash my friend at Just dance for about 40 mins. My bingo wings are aching (but i beat her...yay!) I did enjoy teasing the skinny moo about how she could let herself be beat by a fat chick with a buggered right arm heehee.

Anyways... on to business... I weigh in tonight having followed a fishy week so will let you know how it goes. I have only been having my main meals as fish but i have restricted meat from my other meals. Only other meat i have had is 1 WW bacon medallion, 3 tiny chicken chunks (1/2 breasts-worth) and a slice of ham for the entire week. Will update later

xxx

Need some advice!

Hello!

Few things- firstly Well done Laura for picking youself up again :) You will be ok tonight- and like you said remember the bigger picture.

I need your opinions!

I joined Slimming world and first got weighed at class- 17.6 1/2

I went for two weeks and lost 4.5 pounds but then couldn't afford the classes because I changed jobs- I bought some scales so that I could weigh in at home.

Anyway I have been loosing slowely although been trying hard. My sister also on slimming world visited this week and she has scales that corospond with the slimming world scales at class. Anway to get to the point- there is one I promise! :D
She has just got home and she says my scales are at least 3 lbs out. I couldn't check if the scales were accurate with class as I had stopped going when I got them a few weeks later, but they showed I hadn't lost anything for like 3 weeks since the last class.

That would mean I have lost 11.5 pounds rather than 8.5 which would make me much happier- do you think I should take them as 3 pounds out? :sigh: Not sure what to do! lol!

Also... can't fault my dedication today- I ate the sticker on my apple :rolleyes: not tasty wouldn't recommend. (Didn't do on purpose just not paying attention, looked down and it was 3/4 gone!)

Claire

heya everyone.

Claire, If it were me, I would just go by your own scales for now as you will be carrying on with those. No point in going by a set of scales you dont personally use, if you know what I mean. Up to you though :)

I weighed in and have lost 5.5lbs on my fishy week. I only did my evening meals as fish this week and followed EE so had quite a bit of pasta and cous cous and spuds too. Im really really pleased as I have eaten loads and discovered new things i like :D

I know a few of you weigh in tonight so hope you have all had a good result

xxxx

Woo bl**dy hoo Karen... congratulations girl.... :bliss:that is a great loss....

Claire -I agree with karen -I would stick with your own scales, I had the same problem when my scales died on me and I had to get new ones -they registered different to my old ones :mad:
well Im still on Fish week and I did these today
This is the tuna "pate" I made (still have half in the fridge)

and the gambas con romesco -prawns with chilli, tomato etc -on stir fry.. I was really unusual , but nice

hope everyone is well

Hi Karen,

yeah I am going to stick with my scales- until I can to boots or something and weigh on them just to see if there is a massive difference. Would just be nice to know if I had lost that extra 3 pounds or not!

WELL DONE on your fishy week! Thats fabulous- I am going to have to do one I think- or I was thinking maybe a meat free week too. Anything worth a try. You must be over the moon!

Are you going to do another?

Claire x

Well done Karen, fish week suits you.:D

I lost 1/2 lb this week but at least it wasn't the 4lb gain the gym scales told me yesterday. Strange because they're normally the same but I've learnt my lesson. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD scales. I don't even mind it's just a 1/2 it's not a gain woohoooo.:D Either that or the prawn curry I had last night worked rather well doing what curry does....:jelous:

I wasn't perfect last week so will be this week. I'm going to attempt a fish week though I'm not even sure I like the stuff, soon find out! Any reccommendations for cheap fish meals greatly appreciated.:)

thanks everyone, i am really pleased as I had a gain last week and a couple of slow weeks before that. I am going to avoid fish this week... I cannot stand the thought of another prawn to be honest! I will do fish week again soon but this next 7 days will be filled with steaks and big fat pork chops i think :D

to do it cheaply i bought frozen fish. had prawns 3 times from 1 bag and got some fillets from lidl so cheaer than other places.

Well done on your half lb and good luck for next wi laura, it is naughty to mix scales! must be a relief to loss when you think you are having a 4lb gain. you can be a lesson to claire lol

Yes my MM friends I had a lovely holiday, thank you for remembering me!!:D
Unfortunately marvin is still here, tried hard to kick him out of the plane but little ***** decided to stay with me ;-):cry:

O wow!! Well done Karen!!:553:
I started my fishy week today , had a little bit of meat too, i'll try tomorrow to eat only fish, we shall see. We are off to Alton Towers and I really do not know why am I going if I hate all the rides? Well, maybe I will be useful watching everybodys bags? I do plan to walk a lot, as a bit of exercise
o yeah, checked the weather and .... heavy rain, lovely!!
Have a good night ladies, I am off to bed early start tomorrow....

Last edited:
Good afternoon all -where is everyone?..not like us to be this quiet :p

Kasia -you were supposed to leave Marvin in Poland :eek: -oh god folks that means Marvin is on the loose again *nail the doors n windows shut* :giggle:

Well done on the loss Laura -*blast those gym scales for scaring you * ;)

Yet another warm day here...hubby has escaped work early to have a game of golf...sneaky b*gger
Well my fishy week continues...half way through -so :cross:pinkies crossed that its working... mind Im happy enough with my losses so even if its about the same Im ok with it and at least my system will have got a shake up ;)
Today is a simple day -I have just had the other half of the tuna pate I made yesterday and for dinner Im having a salad with 198g spuddlies (B) and seafood sticks... nice, plain and simple.
right I will get off..have a great day everyone :D

Just a quick one to say thanks for the support the other day you all really helped me so much. I just had a call from the college and I've been accepted without an interview.:D They said from my tests and what I wrote that I was perfect for them so you reminding me of my weight loss achievement so far gave me that whole thing to write about which might have swung it in my favour. So pleased because there were only places for half of us apparently so yay. You all really helped me see the positives where I couldn't see anything so a soppy thank you. Just need to find the money for it now!!:eek:

Back