QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Well done Laura!
The college obviously realised what a smart and talented lady they would be passing up by not taking you ;)
Hope after all that anxiety you enjoy the course :8855:

Well done Laura I am glad we could all help you remember just how well you have done :) Thats the great thing about this place- its like your own little weight loss support family!!

Hope you have a great week :)

Claire

Evening all! :)

Wow, loads of posts! Far too much for my hungover-brain to deal with! :( So just a quick post to say hi, and congratulations to you lovely ladies on the losses. Well done! :D

Also, congrats Laura! So pleased that you got on the course - wooo! :D

Welcome back Kasia - glad you enjoyed your hols! :)

Well, as I said earlier, I have a big fat hangover today, and had to suffer a day in work feeling like death warmed up. I feel as rough as a badger's arse :cry: It's my own fault for drinking my weekly syns in one night :eek: Oops! As you can probably guess, the packing isn't going too well :(

Oh, and not only do I have the hangover from hell, I also thought it would be a good idea to phone Alan (the cute maths teacher) at 1.30 in the morning. Gawd! :eek: He reassured me that I didn't say anything stupid, but I don't know whether he's just not telling me, or whether I genuinely didn't make a fool of myself. Oh the shame!! I am a naughty naughty synner! :eek:

I just thought I'd pop in...my head hurts too much to type anything longer!

Sian xxx

Well done Laura! they are pretty competitive nowadays but you did it with flying colours, obviously. So pleased for you. What pathway are you following? i did social science and loved it. good luck, i bet you will love it too. xxx

SIAN! you filthy booty-caller LOL. Hope the head feels better soon xxx

Good morning everyone :D

Sorry for not being a very good poster lately :( I'm so flipping busy! Roll on the weekend - I'm determined to have at least one day to myself to do as I please :D I'm going to a flipping party on Saturday night........looking forward to it, but not looking forward to the possible effects it will have on the scale! lol The food doesn't bother me in the slightest - it's the booze that trips me up! I can't abide to be around drinkers with a glass of pop in my hand :8855:

Laura.................

congratulations.jpg

That's for you! I'm over the moon for you chuck! I really, really am soooooooo proud of you xxx Massive well done to you! Who needs an interview eh? lol You blew their socks off :D Another step towards your goals - fan-bloody-tastic Laura xxx

Sian :eek::eek::eek: Hope the hangover has subsided.......but rofl lmao at you ringing Alan at 1.30am :eek::eek::8855::8855: What I wouldn't give to have heard that conversation! LOL Carry on like that lass and he'll think you fancy him :eek: :8855: Keep us posted :cool: lol

Claire - i would agree - stick to the scales you use on a regular basis :D Scale hopping is sooooo bad :p lol

Karen - :clap::clap::clap: big well done on your mahoosive loss this week :D

I don't think I could stomach a fishy week tbh......although I am tempted :D A nice big boost is veeeeeeeeeery appealing, although, like Capricorn said, I'm happy with the rate at which I'm loosing (not last week and ny measley 0.5lb though! lol) so I think I'll plod on a bit longer. Mind, if the fishy people clock up mega losses - fish market here I come! :8855::8855:

Got to get ready for work now - catch you all later. Have a fab day everyone xx

Well done to all the loosers (oh, I managed to scrape through with a 2lb loss this week btw) and good luck to the Thursday weighers xxx

Oh and Kasia - such a small gain for a 3 week holiday :eek: Way to go that woman! Brilliant :D I can gain that much just walking past the bakers and breathing the fumes! :8855:

Morning all!

Well done Laura - that's really good news! *Hug*

Sian - phoning Alan at 1.30 in the morning! :eek: what can I say? Nothing actually, I'm laughing too much to speak!!!! :8855:

Well done on that fab loss Karen - think I might be persuaded onto fishy week at this rate!!

I'm not having a great week - a friend cooked dinner the other night, so blew my syns on that! Had a couple of days where I've had to have buffet lunches too. I'm trying to be good, for example, at my friend's the other night, she'd cooked 4 curries, one of which was creamy, so I avoided it. She'd also made 4 puddings and I restricted myself to just one!!! (Unlike my other friends who were there, but they're all stick insects!!)

I just feel like I've lost my mojo a bit - SW has become a chore, rather than a pleasure! Think some of it might just be that I'm really busy at work, so very tired when I get home in the evening. Also, my ex is having son for 2 weeks from this weekend. I've never been away from him for that long and I'm dreading it! So perhaps i'm just too preoccupied with other things to concentrate enough this week!

Have a great day everyone! x

Good morning :)

How are we all today?

well done to all the losers this week,and good luck to the thursday weighers.

dudette good luck with the move hun,hope your hangover has improved :).

capricorn hope your ok,fish week seems to be going well for you.

well it's chucking it down now a right old storm.

losc hope you ok hun:).

have a good day all keep up all the good work .

wee wee hun hope you are ok.

xx

Good afternoon ladies

We have an itty bitty drop of rain here today :bliss:

Day 5 of fish week and all going well so far -well I think so..my scales ha *fish-scales ged it!!!* :rotflmao:sorry .... my scales went into the car boot on Sunday so no scale hopping for me -so Im assuming everything is going ok;)
I had scrimbled egg with smoked salmon, red peppers and tomatoes for brekkie (dead filling)
melon and SF jelly for lunch(still full from brekkie) and for dinner Im doing cod, steamed potatoes, carrots, cauli, peas and cheese sauce nomnomnom

Well done Laura -they obviously have good taste ;)
Sian -hope the hangover has gone ... can't believe you were making early morning calls :giggle:
well done on the loss Bev :happy036:
Spanx -hope your MoJo comes back soon hun... its a bugger whe it goes AWOL -isn't it. Like you say -its probably just because have you have so many things occupying your mind... Im sure your little one will be fine -how old is he?
right -I will get off and catch up..have a great day everyone :D

A little ramble...

Hey ladies!

Thought I would drop in and say hello- hope your all well.

Spanx- don't lose your mojo- you have been doing so well and it would be shame to stop now. I can understand that it must be so hard to let your little one go for two weeks- but on the positive side- its a little time for you to concentrate on yourself! Enjoy planning your meals and pampering yourself a little!

Capricorn- I will be on here first thing Sunday lurking and waiting for that fishy weight loss post! Lol Dying to see how you have got on!

Dudette! You made my chuckle with your story about Alan- I have seen his name and wondering who he was! So he's the sexy maths teacher huh!..... :p

Thanks all for your advice about the scales- I am going to stick to them- although tempting to add another three pounds weight loss I can't prove it so at 9lbs loss I shall stay- Any extra well then thats a bonus isn't it!

I had some good news today- I took a new job about 12 weeks ago- it was a big decision- I left a well paid job which I was dreadfully unhappy at for a lower paid job which has made things very tight- but I enjoy it! Anyway... today they agreed to pay for me to do a course I wanted to do costing over £1500 so I'm really pleased and feel a bit more like the decision was worth it, because in the long run the training might help me progress in 18 months or so.

Also, they needed a cleaner for 2 hours a week and they have let me do it temporarily so few extra pennies!

So thats my good news! I am set to have a mini fish/vegetarian week next week- can't afford a full fish week, but I am not going to eat any meat, and also going to try and cut out the bread. So I am hoping I can bloody crack that 1lb a week loss and make it two- I think Capricorn you may hear me squeal in Germany if I do it! :D

Anyway have a great day all

hugs all round

Claire

Me again :D Twice in one day :eek: :8855:

Spanx it's mega hard working full time, doing everything having a house entails, being a Mum AND planning your SW day and then cooking the bugger AND making it interesting and varied. I've towed keeping up with it all this week......infact I've nowt planned for my tea tonight :eek: So I'm sat here like a dummy bashing a keyboard instead :confused: LOL I can't be bothered to peel any veg (I hate frozen veg) either, so I'll probs just chuck a pasta salad together and box some up for work tomorrow :D Anyway, you hang on to whatever mojo you've got left and the rest will join it soon. Life is a bit mad sometimes innit? I'm sure your kiddywink will be fine, but I'd be just the same if it were my kiddywink (not that I've got one anymore - my baby is 18 :eek: lol) so I know how you feel. Chin up lass, you can find your mojo and carry on being a loser :D

Claire, there's nowt worse than being in a job that makes you unhappy. Good on you for having the guts to leave and take a lesser paid job. Great news about your new employers funding the course for you. Twill be a feather in your cap and I'm sure it will go in your favour in the future - promotion will be yours! lol Well done and good luck.

Mmmmmm I fink I'll go make summat to munch now. Catch you all later xxx

Evening all! :) Well I'm sitting on the floor to type this, so I hope you're all grateful, lol!

The hangover has gone completely now, wooo! Only the embarrassment to deal with now! :eek: Hopefully none of them will remember it in 6 weeks time! As for the early morning phone call to Alan...that was very naughty of me! Karen - as you quite rightly said, I'm a naughty booty caller! There is a distinct possibility that

a) I told him I fancied him
b) I told him I love him, or
c) I told him I'd like to *cough* him!

Hmmm...hopefully none of the above is true! We'll see whether he behaves normally with me when we get back to school in September :sigh:

Spanx and Bev - don't lose motivation now ladies! Just think of how well you've done up until now :) I'm having a disastrous slimming world week so far, what with the boozy night out on Tuesday, and packing/moving. Just can't be bothered! Oh well, back on track next week :)

Capricorn - sounds like the fishy week is going well, and your meals sound lovely as ever! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you hun :)

Surreygal - hope you're well hun :) and I hope the storm's blown over!

Right...time for more shifting of stuff! How on earth have I accumulated so much c**p over the course of one year?!

Speak to you all later!

Sian xxx :D

Good morning everyone :D

It's Friday............

48500.gif

............Thank gawd for that! :8855: It's been a mad busy week - looking forward to some down time :D

Sian - You could always ring Alan again and ask him what you said :eek: lol OMG it's sooooo funny though :8855: If you said any of your 3 examples, I think he'll be needing more than 6 weeks to forget! lol How are you going to survive until September without feasting your eyes on him?? Will you be *cough* casually ringing him at a decent hour and inviting him out? Go on, you know you want to :D

Oh I haven't lost my mojo btw Sian, I'm still being good, (until the party on Saturday :( lol) it's just been hard staying on top of the planning/cooking etc this week due to lack of time. We've been short staffed at work the past two weeks, so I've been doing my own job and semi covering 2 others. We should be back to a full compliment of staff on Monday, so hopefully I'll have an easier week :D I've got my menu for today all sorted, and I'll plan next week over the weekend before I hit Tescos :D I'm going to scour my SW books and plan a tasty and varied week - shake myself up a bit :D

Hope everyone is doing ok this week. I wonder where WeeWee is :confused:

Anyway, off to get ready for work - have a good day everyone. Catch you's later xxx

Morning ladies! Firstly, well done to everyone who has had great losses!
Now I have to admit I am here for a bit of a rant...I have been nearly a flippin angel all week, been eager to ea my superfree, had a shed load of water etc etc. Done everything I should do. Yet when I sneakily hopped on the scales this morning, they said I was 2lb heavier :/ I know I shouldn't have peeked so this is probably my fault but I can't help but PANIC!
I ahd been doing so well and now I just feel like if that's going to happen...why do I bother?!
I know that's ridiculous and you will all tell me off, I guess I'm just on a bit of a downer :(
the only thing this week is I haven't ahem...been to the toilet, in actually in pain but surely that can't make that much difference?! Ohhhh I just don't know :(
sorry ladies for my moaning! Not what you want on a friday!
Xxxx

:nono: Corsacar, put those scales in Capricorns hubbys boot!!! Tis a bad idea to take a sneaky peak as our weight can fluctuate on a daily basis. And yes, it can make a massive difference if you're not going to the toilet properly. Have you thought of investing in some (forgive spelling) Senokot or summat? You'd think all the flipping fruit and veg would do the trick though wouldn't you? Still, we're all different aren't we? :confused:

Anyway, forget what the sneaky peak on the scales are telling you - put it behind you and plod on being the angel you are being :D

Easier said than done , I know :( But you're doing tooooo well to risk being thrown off track by an inanimate object that needs batteries :eek: lol

Chin up lass - you can and WILL do this xxx

goooooooood morning all

Corsacar... If you are having trouble *ahem* "going" -can you get hold of some fresh apricots..... they should do the trick;)I have never met anyone for whom apricots don't work :p ...
Im lucky I generally have the digestive sysytem of a greyhound(and go after every meal)-far too much info :D *unfortunately I don't have the metabolic rate to go with it* :mad:.... but "someone" had a pile of apricots the other week and hell did I know about it :eek:
On the scale issue -I won't tell you off as I was a "scale hopper" mine now live in the boot of the car and only come to stay on Saturday night ready for Sunday morning;)
Hope its just your scales being little b*ggers and you get your loss...

So -day 6 of fish week -Im not sure if it is going to make much difference to my weigh in -but we will wait and see,,,-OMG last night I did a big ole cod fillet and made cheese sauce to go over it :drool:....per person I did
  • 125ml semi (you can use part of your heA allowance)
  • 2tsp cornflour (2)
  • good dollop english mustard
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
It was yumty... and I will be doing that sauce on allsorts -including a "macaroni cheese" at some point ;)
Even hubby loved it -I think that makes 4 fish meals he has had this week :talk017:
When hubby knocks of later we need to nip shopping for a few odds n sods... so I have my list ready -although I will no doubt leave it behind when I go :eek:
Right Im off to catch up
hope everyone is well and has a good day
pinkies crossed for those weighing in today...

Morning everyone!

Thank you all for trying to keep me on the straight and narrow - I'm feeling better today and despite having a few bad days, I don't think I've blown my overall syns for the week, so that's a bit of a result! The scales will tell tomorrow!

Little one is not so little anymore - he's 9! But this will be the first time in those 9 years where I will have been away from him for longer than 3 days! I have managed to fill up a few evenings with seeing friends - the only problem is that two of those involve meals out! Oh well, these things are sent to try us...

Sian - how are you going to cope with 6 Alanless weeks?! :eek:

Corsacar - I suffer from similar problems quite regularly and when I start feeling really bloated and painful, I take a couple of senna tablets (either Sennakot, or boots own brand) - they seem to do the trick! Hope you feel better soon!

Bev - I know, I don't know how we do it! It amazes me though, how one day you can feel full of enthusiasm and motivation and the next day *poof* it's gone! Pasta with pesto and some veg thrown in is always my fall-back meal, for when I can't be bothered! Pesto counts as either 2.5 syns (red) or 4.5 syns (green) per tablespoon, so it's a fairly low-syn, filling meal, ready in a few mins!

One of the things I'm going to do while I've got the house to myself is lots of cooking! Cleared the freezer out last week and either gave away or threw out all the naughty things in there! So now there's some more space to fill up with low-syn meals. I shall make some curries, chilli and pasta sauces so that there's no excuse for getting home from work and not being bothered to cook!

Your cheese sauce sounds yum Capricorn - will try that next time I need a cheesy fix! By the way, I made the buffalo chicken last week, it was very nice, so thanks for posting the recipe!

Claire - congrats on the new job and the training! I 'down-shifted' myself about 5 years ago when I was made redundant and took a new job on a much lower salary, but doing something I wanted to do. It was great for a couple of years, but then I got a fantastic offer, one of those you just can't say no to, so now I'm back on the corporate treadmill! Well, until the end of the year, when I'm taking voluntary redundancy and then, the world's my oyster as they say!!!

Have a great day everyone! x

Help please?!

Hey everyone!

I am after some advice again!

We go on holiday in October and I really don't have any 'holiday clothes' because to be honest I have always been so big I spend my life in Jeans and sweating my arse off because I am too embaressed to show any flesh!

Anyway.. we went the same time last year and when the time came to get some holiday type items shops were all in the winter wardrobe season and there was nothing out.

Alot of the online shops have got some great sales on at the moment and I have seen some lovely things I would like for holiday- only problem is I WILL NOT! be this size on holiday so my questions to you is:

Do I spend money on some holiday clothes I can't fit into now (and go a size down) and just bloody make sure I can get in them for holiday so that I have some nice clothes.

Or do I leave it and risk not being able to get anything nice and summery in October?

Money is tight so I am scared to buy things I can't fit into now, but I would really like to have some pretty things for holiday so not sure what to do!!

Any ideas?!

Claire

Hi all

Quiet here...

Spanx- I lost my mojo too, somehow I just cannot motivate myself to be good and to think like SW, I have not an idea what to cook and everyday is or a quick salad or something naughty, uff i need a proper:whoopass:
Sian- did you really called the poor man at 1.30 am and don't remember what's been said? well, PMSL !!!:sign0151:
text him now and ask, if he is interested on carrying that lovely conversation from the other night , if he will be shocked it means you said a very ,very naughty things :D.
Sian darling we cannot wait till September to find out, we need to know now! Did you unpack yet?
Shrinking Bev-you are a good girl ,I need some of your attitude. Can I have some please?
Corsacar- Put the scale away!! I know what it is like to peek and then loose the motivation and then start to eat like a piggy :eatdrink023:.For your own good, do not peek :)
Also I would try senakot or prunes (works immediately, maybe don't take both in the same time or you won't live the loo :D)

oh ladies why I cannot get back on track :cry:?? I enjoy SW , I think I need some more planning , ech I am off, need to prepare some tea- salad...... of course
My hubbie will turn into a rabbit soon ....

:break_diet:

Sorry Freshstart I did not mentioned you.... I would invest in two maxi dresses, so you can wear during the day and with cool accessories in the evening, stretchy are best!!! few pairs of leggings (quite cheap) and a few longer tops, lots of different bracelets, neklaces ( Primark does it very cheap) hope I helped

Back