QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

I've changed what I was going to have because I fancied chips so chips and a veg omelette for me. Hardly exciting but quick and tasty.:)

Evening ladies!! :)

Well...the lurgy is starting to lift, yay! It's hard work being surrounded by kids all day when you're feeling rough, lol! Just a quick post at the moment, but I'll write a bit more later.

Off to make myself SW chips, bacon and egg (doesn't sound healthy does it, lol!), but I'm going to have 1/2 melon first as my 1/3 superfree - smaller portion of dinner for me! I'm also going to make a stuffed pepper for lunch tomorrow (cheating and using some savoury rice) with broccoli, yum!

Sian xxx

Evening ladies!

I too am struggling today, funny that isnt it?!

I'm just a bit fed up and tired with having no spare time at the moment...i'm sure you all know how it is!

Dinner is now sw chips, peas and sweetcorn and chicken wrapped in bacon...had chicken the other day but i a, definitely in the mood for comfort food today and figured that dinner is much better than a bar of chocolate...i'm sure..:rolleyes:
haha! im sorry a few of us are down today, but then thats what this group is all about...supporting each other and that it what you are all so good at :)

how is everyone doing now?

xxxx

Good evening girlies :D

So much to catch up on :eek:

How is everyone tonight?

Sorry I've not been about today, I've been soooo busy..........shopping! lol I don't know where the day has gone to be honest, i've been dashing around like a headless chicken all day!

Anyway, I hope you ladies have had a good day today. I like the sounds of all your meals :) I'm having a red day today because I quite fancied the luxury of having 2 x HEXA and 2 x HEXB :D That's the only thing I miss about EE.

As far as exercise is concerned, I've walked the dogs for 2 hours and done an hour on the Wii, which was great fun!

I bought a couple of games while I was in town - I got Beach Sports and Just Dance. I wanted to get Biggest Loser but it was out of stock everywhere :eek:

Called at Tesco on the way home and stocked up on SW friendly food. Oh and I found some chicken bovril (apparently it's rare :confused:) so I can have a bash at making the SW KFC style chicken.

Losc, I like the way you're looking at the 2lb weekly weight loss thingy. Put like that it just seem so much less daunting. The time it will take at a steady 2lb a week compared to the rest of our lives at a healthy weight is nothing really is it?

Laura, like Capricorn said, you don't need the balance board to play tennis on the Wii. It really is good - so much fun it's not like exercise. It's fab! Well worth a try if you fancy it at any rate :) Hope you're feeling better about this weeks WI now. It's the pits when that happens, infact I think it should be illegal!! LOL Anyway, chin up lass and soldier on, you're doing brilliantly so far, don't let those naughty scales get you down xxx

Glad you're feeling better Sian. The thought of being surrounded by kids when you're ill is too horrible to even contemplate :eek: I can't be doing with more that 3 at a time. lol

Corsacar, hope you're feeling more 'up' tomorrow xxx

I'm sure I've missed responding to loads of stuff that's been said, so apologies for that. I'm no being rude, tis mi rubbish memory. lol

p.s. Being cheeky here, but did you get your glasses from Specsavers Sian? Reason I ask is because they're exactly like mine! lol

Evening ladies

Bev -I have ordered the "just dance" one after someone on here (sorry I can't remember who :eek:) said that it was good- just waiting for it to come

Sorry some are having down days -Im sure you will all bounce back in fine form ;)...

I had my fried rice for dinner -twas lovely as always -but I need to reduce the amount of rice down -I had 50g dried weight , but it was too much -so next time I will do the same amount of veg -but less rice :p
I have just had my yumyumyum 8 syn yogurt (Imagine extra thick whipped cream with cherries folded through)mmmmmmmm they are sooooo nice that I wouldn't swap it for choccy :eek:...
So I have managed to use 11.5 syns today and Im stuffed to the rafters :8855:... oooohhh and I have clocked up 2hr 21 mins on the wii ;) I need 3 more point to become "professional" on the Tennis :D
Right Im away to my bed... hope everyone sleeps well, and that tomorrow brings lovely things for all of us...
Sleep tight :D

Hello again ladies!

Bev - you're not being cheeky at all! The glasses were from a small independent optician in Carmarthen actually, only cost me £100 with the eye test, so not too bad :) There are so few frames that suit my face/colouring that when I do find a nice pair I have to have them, lol!!

Sorry to hear that a few people are feelnig down today. Must be something in the water. Hope you all have a better day tomorrow - peak of the week today, so it can only get better!! :D

I just wanted to say how inspiring you all are with your exercise. As you know I don't do any at the moment :eek: but when I go back home for half term next week I might dust off my gym ball and do some exercise!! Trying to exercise on a gym ball in a room the size of a match box provides a lot of amusement let me tell you, lol! :D I can't count how many times I've fallen off the bl**dy thing, lol!

Anyways...my bed is beckoning me. I'm determined to beat this lurgy before my holiday.

Night night all!

Sian xxx

Good morning girls!
Got up this morning to go on the wii and just have no motivation! It's not because I don't want to, I've just had a lot going on and it's all got on top of me and I shouldn't have let it!
I am so angry with myself I can't tell you, that coupled with a mega busy afternoon yday where I ate & drank nothing, is making me feel pretty rubbish :(
I hope everyone else gets up in a fantastic mood today, positivity is what this group needs! Not me moping around! I'm sorry girls!
Got aquafit tonight so maybe that'll cheer me up! Xxxx

Sorry you're not having a great time at the moment corsacar. It's just the worst thing when suddenly everything piles up, feels so overwhelming doesn't it. I hate it when I let things slip and then sit here not even knowing where to start!

Well today I've woken up pretty determined. TMI probably but over the last couple of years I've suffered with the most awful periods. Doc just said it's my weight but I've had enough! I'm just mad today lol so I've made an appointment for this morning and I'm not leaving until he does something about it! I HATE confrontation and will try and stay calm but tbh I'm sick of being fobbed off that everything's down to my weight. Sure it's probably got something to do with it but it doesn't mean something can't be done. I was awake every hour last night on the loo and if this period's like the last one it will stick around for over a month. Arghhhhhh. Can you tell I'm mad?:8855:Hubby and I are meant to be going away next week for our 10th wedding anniversary, it's all paid for but now I don't even feel I can go because I will spend the whole time having to run to the loo and sort myself out.:cry: It's not fair!

Hahaha sorry just read that back RAAAAAAAAANT! Other than the doctor's I have little planned for today, was meant to be doing gym and aqua aerobics but can't go because of the damn period. I'm paying all this money for the gym and then finding every few weeks I can't go for sometimes a month at a time.:mad:

On a green week this week for a bit of a change so lunch will be chickpea dahl and couscous and haven't decide about tea yet. Perhaps a lasagne. Yummy.

Good Morning All.

Well yesterday was a bad day, everything was wrong, didn't eat or drink much all day and then ate loads last night. Only positive thing though is that I did get my exercise in and boy does my body know it today! :eek:

Anyway, yesterday was yesterday and today is a new day. Although I moan about the temptations at work I do prefer being at work as it forces me to be more organised. I have all my healthy snacks and lunch with me and its going to be a good day. Not sure if I'm going to get to fit in my exercise, but I'll give it a go.

So loads of positive thoughts going out to everyone today, especially you Corsacar who is feeling a little down. I know exactly how you are at the moment, I feel I'm constantly trying to find a spare 5 mins to myself. Then when I do get a spare 5 mins I just want to collapse down into the sofa and chill and not feel guilty about how I should use this time to exercise! I really do feel for you, it is so hard. Try not to beat yourself up about it though, I'm sure things will improve. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. You can't do everything all of the time, you'll wear yourself out.

Bev, I had the SW KFC the other week while my OH had proper KFC and it was lovely. I got a pot of gravy from KFC just incase it wasn't that great, but I didn't even need it. It felt like a real treat. So I hope yours turns out just as lovely.

I have the Beach Sports game on the Wii and find it really hard! Not physically hard, just hard to get into if you know what I mean. I'm sure you will enjoy Just Dance. I do all my other 'proper' exercise and even if I'm feeling shattered I still can't resist half an hour of dancing around like a loony. It is really addictive.

Awww Lovely Laura, I hope the doctors can sort something out for you, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. You really shouldn't have to suffer like that, surely they can do something. So good luck with that xx

Morning lovelies

Hope everyone has a better day today...
Lovely_Laura... that sounds awful-I know its not easy -but sit in the Drs room and refuse to shift until he listens and at least agrees to look into your problem...

It drives me nuts when you go to the Drs. and they just assume "oohh a large marge" THATS to blame :mad: -it cracks me up every time I end up under a new Dr and they get the blood pressure cuff out -you can see them thinking "ooohhhh this will be sky high" and they always do a double take as my blood pressure is smack bang on :p. The great thing about being out here is that the Drs really don't seem to judge you by your weight :D
Anyway -hope they get you sorted -you deserve to be able to live every month and not have to put everything on hold!
Chelleb -hope you get to have a calmer day today flower
oohh here is a quick pic of yesterdays dinner :-

Its really tasty and not heavy -and leftovers are great cold ;)
Today Im doing a beef casserole -we need to nip shopping for a fruit/veg top up ..so I will switch the potatoes on in the steamer on the way out and then I can just throw the veggies in to cook whilst I put the shopping away and warm the casserole up....
I have just chopped a pineapple up-so Im having some of that with chopped apple/banana and natural yog for lunch mmmmmm I had a cooked brekkie with hubby so Im not very hungry ;)
right I need to get on the wii before lunch ,,,,,
Hope everyone ends up having a good day...

Thanks Chelleb and capricorn. Well the doc's went ok I'm so surprised and feel like it's the only time I've actually been listened to. I've not seen this particular doctor for a year or so, the last time he 'helpfully' told me if I don't walk down the crisp aisle at the supermarket I'd lose weight lol. I really felt he knew what he was talking about then.:8855:

Anyway today he was lovely, listened, agreed we need to do something and wrote a letter for a gyno appointment at the hospital. I've been trying for 2 years for that and I walked in and he immediately did it! He's put me on iron as the levels were so low last month and gave me some tranaxemic acid which hasn't ever had much effect but I will try again. He agreed that we need to sort it asap so I can continue my swimming and will see me in a couple of weeks for an examination while we wait for the hospital appointment, then he'll know if we need it to be a more urgent one. I'm so relieved! I know it's silly to get so excited about a doctors appointment but it's so different to any other one I've ever had that it feels amazing! As I was leaving he actually said I'm really pleased by how you're getting on, I can see the difference in your face. I was shocked.:eek::D

Anyway, it's given my mood a much needed boost. Hope everyone has a great day. Off to have an early lunch chickpea dahl mmmmm.

Morning girls.

Awww, corsacar, im really sorry to hear your feeling bit fed up. It sounds like you have so much going on right now, so just keep doing your best. I dont feel like going on the wii today, but i am off work so have no excuse not to! have fun at aquarobics. Its crap when you dont feel like eating/cooking, becuase most things on sw are lovely, but its not conveneice food is it!

I am so happy today, my hubby has been growing his own veggies for few years now, and decided to try fruit this year, so we are growing strawberries! and they are nearly ready to eat! yay!!! were also growing, cauli, broccoli,beetroot, parsnips, onions and some other things i cant remember!

My tea last night was lovely, hubby cooked a sw friendly curry, it was spicy and full of flavour. Tonight im not sure what to do. I am fancying some comfort-ish food! so was thinking of chicken with bacon and bbq sauce with hexa cheese and sw chips and syn free coleslaw!!! Sounds like i have made my mind up actually.

Lovelylaura, you are definitely right, you must refuse to leave until he takes you seriously. And if that fails, tell him you feel he is being negligent based on the fact that he is using your weight to diagnose the problem without even investigating it first. Good luck!!

Chelle, so glad to hear your feeling a bit better today! go you! are you aching after being on the wii! i am today, ended up doing over an hour yesterday and clocked up 500 cals so was pretty chuffed with moi!!

Oh and capricorn/shrinking Bev, cant remember which one of you said it, but fab idea about leaving the wii out for the day. I always tidy it away straight after using it, i actually left it out yesterday, all set up and was on and off it all day, fab idea!!

Right, had no brekkie, so am off to make myself a BLT!!!

Have a great day girls

xx

That's brilliant news Lovely Laura :D.... must be a weight off your mind (no pun intended:p)... at least they are getting it sorted ;)

Losc-I leave my wii board out in front of the TV -I don't like it there -but I feel its sat watching me :p and I use it so much I would be forever putting it away, taking it out ...and it wouldn't get used half as much then :p
For the last 2 years I have grown all my own veggies in tubs n containers -Im not this year as the weather was so slow to warm up -so Im waiting until we move back to the UK and I can plant straight into the garden ;) -have you thought of getting a blueberry? they do well in pots -but need ericasious compost....oh I have a raspberry cane I planted in a big tub-I never much rated raspberries -but own grown are gorgeous... and it saves a fortune :D

Well girlies thankyou so much for all your support!
I am feeling a little brighter now, just had lunch with some work colleagues, one of whom says she is also on SW and they all tucked into a quarter of a cheesecake and I didn't want any at all!
They are all talking about diets and making excuses of why they "couldn't" do a diet and lose weight that they want to and it's encouraged me and made me proud that I have actually taken the step to change my life :)

How is everyone rlses day going?
Xxxxx

Sounds to me like they're a jealous of your success and determination chuck! You show them how it's done :D

Oops, where's mi manners :giggle: Good afternoon losers and Wii comrades :8855: I appear to be in a silly mood today :eek:

Great news about the doctors Laura, I hope you don't have to wait too long for your hospital appointment. You've had a rotten time of it - hope you get it sorted soon. xxx

Today ladies, I'm mainly being a domestic goddess :( with all too frequent 'intervals' as I walk past the Wii :D Dammit I'm hooked :eek: lol I'll soon be approaching 'pro' level like you Capricorn at this rate. lol

I've decided i'm having another red day today.........just in case anyone is remotely interested :giggle:

Sian, I'm just the same with glasses - so few seem to suit me too. I'm the same colouring as you btw. I might be repeating myself here, but I went to Specsavers yesterday to get some new ones, and there wasn't a pair in the shop I liked :( They all (well mostly) had those big, thick, colourful/ornate arms on and they absolutely do not suit me! So my search continues....

I've not tried the Beach Sports yet Chelle, I'm working my way through and finding stuff I like atm. Thanks for the SW KFC recommendation, I'm not making it while Saturday, but I'm soooo looking forward to it :D

hello girlies,

I am desperate to start growing raspberries capricorn, i just cannot find the seeds! will look again at the weekend. I really cant beleive how much nicer my strawberries were today than the ones i buy. Think i might have some now actually!

Right, down to business!!! What day is the last weigh in next week, is it sunday or monday for you guys! If it is sunday, that means we only have 2 full days left of the mini challenge so come on girls, lets finish with some nice 100% sw angel days!!! I havent been on the wii yet, ooops, steve sloan off diagnosis murder caught my attention and i had to watch ha ha, saddo i know!!!

And then were ready for our new challenge, so what do you think guys; some ideas so far;

* 14 days of exercise (doesnt matter if its only 5 mins per day etc, whatever you can do, just make a log on here of what you've done)
* Superfree challenge (eating as varied and as many superfrees per day/week etc)
* Try something new (new recipes to try and see how we get on)
* Walking challenge (set target for how many mins walking per week we would like to do)
Let me know if you have anymore ideas, more the merrier!

Chelle, do you find on biggest loser that the calorie count for each exercise seems a bit low. I am knackered after it and sweat more than when on the wii, but it burns much less calories?

ShrinkingBev, cant believe we have another wii addict! you both will have to start leading classes and teaching the rest of us how its done!!!

Corsacar, you really should be proud, you are doing so well and you are undoubtedly changing your life and your future. So keep going girly. And well done on resisting the cheesecake! i really fancied a gingernut last night, but i didnt have it, was being tight with my syns i think, not wanting to waste 2 on a iddy biddy biscuit!

Lovelylaura, that is fab news. I am so happy for you that your doctor is supporting you. Must be a load off your mind. I hope you get that appt through soon hun.

Off to throw myself around on the wii.

xx

Losc -You are best looking for a raspberry "cane" -places like wilkinsons etc are a cheap place to look -they look like a dead twig -I only got mine last year and it went nuts :D
Ohhhh I used to love diagnosis murder -the guy who plays steve is actually the son of Dick Van Dyke/Dr.sloan (now knowing THAT is sad :8855:)

Bev-Glad you are loving the will ..... oooohhh folks I managed to do the flappy wing one today I have the co-ordination of a flip flop I swear :p
The beach one -I have done the one where you stand on one of those weired 2 wheeler things that you lean on to move -you chase across the sand squashing balls -it makes the front of your thighs ache -so hopefully it will help them firm up :D

The Just Dance one is soooo funny! lol I felt a right plonker doing that for the first time I can tell you. It's really really good though :D

Back