QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Claire - I would invest in something one size smaller, but with some 'give' - such as shorts/skirts with elasticated waistbands, or in t-shirt materia, that way, if you've not lost as much as you hoped, (or even if you've lost more than you hoped!) things will still fit. The more fitted the clothes and the less give in the material, the more likely you are to have a problem! Hope that helps! x

Morning all!

Gosh it's quiet in here. Must be because Patsy's on holiday! She's such a bad influence... :p

Well, I am very happy to report a 2lb loss this week. Funny how that half a pound can make such a difference! I was disappointed with 1.5 last week and now very happy with 2 this! :confused:

Have a great day everyone!

Well done Spanx 2lbs is excellent.:D

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone. Just trying to figure out what I need to do to prepare myself and the family for some big changes. I've always been at home everyday so suddenly being out 4 days a week is quite a change. The boys aren't going to be bored this summer they'll be learning how to do the chores I've never made them do before.:p

Well I followed some of you onto fishy week so day 4 today. I'm really surprised by how filling fish seems to be. I just didn't think it was. I'm not very adventurous because most fish freak me out a little. Muscles etc are just plain freaky! Had kippers, haddock, sardines, cod and prawns so far. I've got some tuna steaks in the freezer no idea if I'll like it though.

Hope you all have a good weekend good luck to those weighing today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed you get the results you deserve. :)

Morning ladies! Finally, I feel like I'm on holiday! :D Woooo! All my stuff has been moved (just the job of unpacking it now! :eek:) I'dd do that later on...have no motivation this morning, lol!

Bev, Spanx and Kasia - don't worry, 6 weeks will soon fly, so I won't have to cope without Alan for long :) It will also give me 6 weeks to get over the embarrassment :) I did speak to him in school on Wednesday, and apologised for the late night phone call. I asked him what I'd said and he said not to worry about it, so I don't think I said anything too bad as he wouldn't be able to resist telling me if I'd made a tit of myself, lol! I'm just getting paranoid about it, as I don't want things to be different between us :( Stupid hey, but then most of the staff in the school haven't been particularly welcoming, so I don't want to alienate the friends I have made :( Oh well, time to get over it now and move on :) I'm sure you don't want to hear me moaning about it for the next 6 weeks!

Corsacar - hope your digestive system is showing improvement hun :) Like Spanx and Bev said, senna does the trick every time :)

Kasia - hope you've got your motivation back hun! I've been lacking motivation this week, and haven't stuck to the diet as it's been very difficult with packing etc. Just think of how well you're doing, and how great you'll feel when you get to target :)

Capricorn - your cheese sauce sounds really nice! How thick does it go? I'm avoiding making cheese sauces as I only know how to make them from a roux :)

Claire - I'd also go for floaty options if you can possibly get them, at least then they won't really show if you haven't lost the weight you'd like to by your hols :) Peacocks, Primark and Matalan (if you have one of those near you) are good for cheap clothes that you can ditch after your hols if you don't want to wear them again.

Well...I lost 3.5lb this week! How on earth I lost any weight after pretty much being off plan from Tuesday I do not know!! But then my scales are showing a 1lb gain overnight, so I think it's going to come back and bite me in the bum next week, lol! I'm now 1lb away from 2.5 stone, so I'm going to try extra hard this week to shift that so I can have a new shiny sticker, wooo! :D

Have a fab day ladies!

Sian xxx

Spanx and Laura - sorry, you must have posted while I was bashing the keyboard!

Spanx - fab loss hun, well done! :D :bliss:

Laura - just to say again, I'm so pleased for you. I'm sure your boys will be great at the chores, and it'll take a weight off your mind! :)

Sian xxx

Laura -

Good afternoon all

Woo-diddly-hoo on the losses ladies :bunnydance: ...

Well Im late catching up as we were up at 5am :eek:-at the golfcourse by 6:30, back off by 9:30 and then stopped at the naafi on the way back -so by the time I had done lunch *and had a nip nap noo on the sofa* it was -well -"now" :p. Anyway I clocked up over 11,000 steps and it has given me my silver "body magic" award :whacky068:
Its my last day of fish week -although I have loads in so i can carry on having more fish meals. Lets see if it makes any difference to my weigh in tomorrow..I would be happy with 3lb as that would give me my 3.5st award..but as we know -anything off is a step in the right direction ;)
Sian -the cheese sauce was quite thick -Im with you, I usually make a roux -but I guess its cornflour or go without as Im too tight fisted to use my syns on butter n flour to make a roux:giggle:. The knack is to warm the milk slowly and allow the sauce to thicken slowly-if you do it quickly it goes gloopy :yuk:
Laura -I treat tuna steak like beef steak -I like to cut it into strips and add things like soy, fish sauce etc and then drop it in a non-stick drying pan for a couple of minutes, the idea is to try and keep a teeny bit of pink in the middle -then its very steak like -if you over cook it then its really dry.
Im about to get off and have a wallow in the bath -no doubt I will end up sleeping in there again :p -*week is looming I think as thats usually the only time I drop asleep during the day -for 2 days before things start :confused:-Im really not normal :eek:
Right I will get off -
Hope those weighing in today get good results...
Have a great day everyone -and keep at it....

good afternoon all...

Fantastic loss spanx and sian well done:D.

I tried the kellogs fibre plus bar and loved it,it hit's the spot if your feeling like a chocolate fix:D and even better that you can have it as a hexb ;).

hope everyone has a great weekend,and good luck to any one wi today.

xx

Yoo Hoo :D

Afternoon one and all :p By heck it's quiet in here :eek:

Well done Spanx and Sian on your losses :clap::clap: Fandabidozie!

I've just has a massive salad with cottage cheese and a jacket spud done all crispy in the oven :D Twas delish! Although, on reflection, I should probs have gone 'red' as I'm off to a BBQ tonight. Mind with all the voddy I'll be having I hardly think a spud will make a difference. I think I'll call it an EE, flexi day :eek: :8855:

I dropped one of my dogs off at the doggie hairdressers this morning (the Lhasa) for a wash cut and blow dry. Thing is the dog groomer is a very dramatic gay man. Nowt wrong with gay whatsoever, but after my 'talk' with him and doggie related hairdos and stuff, I'm expecting her to trot out looking like a cross between Danny La Rue and Lilly Savage when I go pick her up :eek::8855: He was just so funny! I tried to explain that I just wanted her washing, trimming and grooming, but I fear he had the creative devil on his shoulder today and am expecting anything :eek::8855:

Good weekend to all you lovely ladies!!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Thank you for all of your advice on the holiday clothing issue! I am am going to order a few things from Matalan i think- most of the sale stuff is gone now! Typical!

Sian.. I am sure the maths teacher would have told you if you had said anything too incriminating- did he look you in the eye?! Hows the move going- I hate moving with a passion so I feel your pain!

Capricorn... well done for the golf course walk! 11,000 steps- bet your feet were on fire! Hope you had a nice relaxy bath and I think we are ALL looking forward to the weigh in results tomorrow!! :character00116:

Shrinking Bev- I hope your doggy woggle comes out looking lovely and that groomer hasn't had a more creative do! :doggy:

Well we have had a busy day- up and after a bacon sandwich (doesn't that sound wrong on a diet!) but was good and trimmed fat, no butter! We went to tk max to get the other half some new work trousers as its taken the police 3 months to tell him he's not allowed to wear Jeans! (He is a forensic investigator so spends his life crawling round on the floor with computers so I don't see what difference it makes!)

Anyway we managed to get some black cargo's reduced from £40 to £20 in T kmaxx- so he's happy he doesn't have to wear grown up trousers! bless!

Then we went for a run! Well he ran- I more 'waddled' at a fast pace for thirty seconds until I felt like I needed to keel over, then recovered and then did it again! Only did 4km but its a start- only 2.5 months until Run 10k eek!!

Anyway have a great weekend all!

Claire xx

Hiya all!

Well I've now unpacked most of my stuff, so I felt justified in popping on here :)

Bev - I laughed when I read the story about your pooch!! :D I hope she looks bootiful when you pick her up!

Claire - oooo, so your OH is a forensic investigator! I'd have loved a job like that! Sounds like you had a bargain with the cargo trousers...definitely more practical when scrubbing around the floors! Btw...the maths teacher was looking me in the eye when he told me what I'd said, so I'm hoping it will all blow over, lol! If he has an issue with me in September, then that's his problem! :)

Capricorn - whoa, 11,000 steps?!?!? Blimey, I feel tired just thinking about it! :D :8855:

Surreygal - hope you've had a good day hun! :)

Sian xxx

Evening ladies

Just got back from a Polish party ( lots of vodka and naughty yummy food) and I have to say I didn't eat like mad and I didn't drink (driving so wasn't allowed!!) and I feel like my motivation is back!!! Thank you for your support girls!!
Sian and Spanx well done on your losses!!!!!
Capricorn wow!! Lots of Body Magic done!
Bev, any photos of your dog? I would love to see Lily Savage doggy style :)
Any plans for tomorrow?

hey everyone... hope you are all well. xx just a quick hello and a little brag. I put on my ankle boots yesterday and found them a little looser. I've never lost weight on my feet first and, though i would have rathered it was off my bum or tum, it was a nice feeling nonetheless. Also... I thought the elastic was broken in the back of my gypsy dress as it was bagging out. Took it off to check and was looking all confused until hubby suggested that maybe it wasnt broke but getting looser. So, I've started to notice my losses from my back and feet.... havent felt good about my body in so long and now something nice has happened to make me feel a bit prouder of it :D

Hope you are all having a really lovely weekend. xxxxxxx

Morning ladies-

thats brilliant Karen! Always night when you notice things getting looser- I wish my feet would shrink. I have always had massive feet (size 9/10) and I hate them. I am really hoping I could shrink to an 8 if the foot god is listenning!!

Maybe you can treat yourself to some new clothes if everything gets too loose!

Its a nice feeling though and glad you shared it with us as its made me smile. I got into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to do up in a while this weekend so as they say 'ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS!!'

claire xx

Morning all

Karen-well done on the ankle boots -and the dress :clap:..I always used to lose weight off my feet first :confused:...
Kasia -sounds like you had a good night -and that it did you the world of good..
Sian -glad you have got unpacked,,,its a bl**dy nightmare isn't it... still its done now and you can enjoy your holidays :D
Claire -oooohh what an interesting job your other half has :eek:.... RUNNING 10k :eek: -jees ...good on you... I would have to lie down n roly poly to get that far...
Bev -hope your poor doggy hasn't come back traumatised from their visit to the poodle parlour -mind its you that has to take him out in public :giggle:
Surreygal -do you keep your fibre plus bars in teh fridge? they are so much nicer -and last longer..only about 10 seconds...but it helps :eek:

Well I got on the scales this morning and I have lost 5lb :party0049:so I got my 3.5st award :banana dancer: -so thats 3st 9lb gone -and 6st left to shift ;)
Im back on to normal red days now (will still have fish more for lunch and a couple of times in the evenings) -so tonight Im doing yorkshire pud with roast lamb :drool: ......
Hubby has a golf competition today -so Im going to settle down and do my meal plan for this week and then try and find something on line that I would like for my anniversary pressie -hubby hasn't a clue -and to be honest -neither have I :p. He is having a new pair of summer golf shoes. Right -hope everyone is having a good weekend... have a lovely day and pinkies crossed for anyone else weighing in today...

Good morning ladies

Capricorn well done on your loss woo hoo and your new shiny:D.thanks i will try the fibre bars in the fridge:).

claire thats great that you got your jeans done up,and wow on the running good for you:).

sian great news that you have unpacked and now can enjoy your holiday:).I feel like i'm moving we are decorating our lounge and have got boxes and stuff everywhere.Mind you it will look nice when it's all done.I've put things in safe places and now can't find them:eek:.

karen thats great about your boots and dress,it feels great when you notice a difference:).

Bev hoped you had a good night at the bbq and that your little doggie came back all bootiful:).

well i'm pleased to say that i've lost 3lbs this week:).

onwards and downwards
have a good day all
xx

Well done SurreyGal on your loss... I wish I could report a similar success.

I lost 1lb this week, which means I've effectively stayed the same for 3 weeks, and I'm feeling a bit downhearted to be honest. I feel that the effort I'm putting in isn't really being rewarded - even though I had a bit of a binge on Tuesday this week I clawed all my syns back by the end of the week, so I feel quite down about it really.

On a positive note, I made a nice necklace for myself today/yesterday - I make lampwork beads but rarely keep any for myself - so I decided to do so this time round. Here's a piccy, thought you might like to see:

0074-1.jpg

Have a good day everyone
Helen x

Last edited:
:wow::talk017::wow: Well done on the losses Capricorn and Louise :clap: both are great :D

Capricorn I think we can safely assume that your fishy week has had a positive effect on the scales........I still don't know it I could do a full week on fish.......still might have a bash at some point though. lol

Claire - well done on getting into your jeans :clap: I'm finding loads of clothes I can now wear again and it's great - saves buying new ones while we are in transit doesn't it? :giggle:

I have to ask though (hope I don't offend) but it must be so hard finding nice shoes in your size :eek: Is it? And where do you get them from? My cousin takes a size 9 and she's always moaning about it and hate shoe shopping with a passion.

Karen, it's strange the places we lose weight from isn't it? You enjoy your shrinking back and skinny ankles :D

I'd like to lose my next bit from my waist if the waist god is listening :D I'm practically straight up and down and have always wanted a nice 'inny' waist.........don't think I'll ever have one though - tis just my shape :confused: lol Oh and if the leg god is listening, I don't want to lose any weight from that area please :D

Actually I've just measured my legs (not summat I normally do, but just curious to know) and my thighs measure 20 inch, my calfs measure 14.5 inch and my ankles measure 8 inch..............I don't want to measure owt else atm, I'll save that shock for another day! :8855:

Oh my doggie looked bootiful (and normal) when I picked her up yesterday - all nice, neat and fluffy :D My other dog was sniffing her with great suspicion when she came back, I think he thought I'd brought a strange dog home! :giggle:

What's everyone cooking today? I'm batch cooking for the freezer so I have summat to keep me going and on track. I'm not doing a traditional Sunday dinner today - I'm making a fish pie.

I'm making a batch of chicken curry, a batch of chilli, a batch of spag bol, a couple of shepherds pies and summat else with chicken (which I haven't decided on yet - suggestions greatly recieved :D) all to portion up and whack in the freezer. I've just been to Tesco and (being v lazy here) I've bought all (and I do mean ALL! lol) my veg ready prepared, so all I have to do is throw it in the steamer :D lol

I still haven't found any vanilla quark yet Capricorn :( Most disappointing!

Sian, don't waste your energy on being embarrassed over your late night call to Alan - if he says you didn't make a tit of yourself, he's either being kind and saving you the embarrassment (which is lovely of him Awwwwww :love: lol) or he liked it and doesn't want to put you off doing it again :giggle: Either way, it's all good.................and (men do need pictures sometimes cos they're a bit fick) he'll know you're 'interested' now, so ya just never know what may be in store for you :D:D Hey just think how much weight you can lose in the next 6 weeks :eek: You'll knock him dead come September :D Meanwhile, practice your flirting skills! lol Ooooo I so want you to get together with him! :D

Well I was a drunk as a monkey last night :(:8855: I was positively angelic with the food (I only had BBQ'd chicken, masses of plain salad and some BBQ'd pineapple kebabs) but devilish with the booze :eek: I dread to think how much voddy I slung down my neck.........I did have slimline mixers though :giggle: I wish I was one of those people who didn't like drinking :( lol

Right must get off here and get into the kitchen!

Have a good day everyone xxx

Well done on the losses ladies...:happy036:

Helen -that is gorgeous...I used to make jewellery as a hobby, but never went as far as making lampwork beads -they are beautiful. Do you do it as a business?

Bev-glad dawgy made it home without bows n ribbons ;)

Oh Helen that's lovely! I make jewelery, (when I've got time - got a shed load of lovely beads and stuff) but I buy my beads. You're so clever making your own!! I'm well impressed. I adore lampwork beads, they're just so pretty and always looks so original. Well done you!

Sorry to hear you're feeling down about your recent losses. Would it help if we got all put our heads together and analysed your 'menu'? What do you follow? EE, green or red? I'm no expert, but I know we're all different and what suits one person doesn't necessarily suit another.....for example, I know for definite I won't lose any weight if I eat bread, and I'm one of those people who can't lose if I eat too many carbs either. I have to be really careful with my carb portion sizes even if I'm treating myself to a green day.

Anyway, chin up chuck, you can and will get through this lean streak. We are here to help you along you way - just shout out xxx

Back