QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Thanks for the kind comments about my beads :D I love making them - it's not my full time job, but I do sell some stuff on Etsy, which if I'm lucky covers the costs of my glass etc.

Thanks Bev for the offer of analysing my food diary - I don't think I'm falling into any obvious traps. I don't have much bread (once a week perhaps), pasta not very often either, and I try to put in a few red/green days in among the EE. It's a bit of a mystery. The only things I might be doing wrong are eating too many yoghurts - but then again I have a big appetite, so if I didn't eat them I would probably snack on bad stuff instead... and not exercising. Exercise is v hard for me due to bad back, but I will try to get out for a walk more this week and see if it helps.

Helen x

Not poking my nose it at all, but you could maybe experiment for a week or so by eating less yoghurts and replacing them with say, melon or fresh pineapple? Sometimes all it takes is a tweak here and there as we all tolerate certains foods differently. Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to tell you what to eat, I'm not honestly - just trying to help.........but the reason I said what I said is that there was a woman at our class a few weeks ago and she had sts for 4 weeks :eek: and was gutted as she wasn't putting a foot wrong. The consultant looked at her food diary and suggested that she eat less yoghurt and replace it with melon or fresh pinapple (for example) Anyway, she went away determined to give it a go (and thinking, what a load of crap :giggle:) and returned this week with a beaming smile because that one small change had resulted in her losing 2.5lb. Of course it could just be a coincidence, but ya never really know! lol

Evening all - hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Well done Capricorn - what a fantastic result - fishy week obviously delivers! And a new shiny to boot! :happy096: I would go for a new outfit for your anniversary pressie to celebrate your loss so far - but then I love clothes!!

Karen - it's great isn't it when we can start to see or feel the difference, even when it is on those parts of the body we wouldn't expect it!

It'll be skinny jeans for you next Claire - well done!

Congrats to you too, Surreygal - another fab loss for team QStoP! Would love to have a 3lbs loss in a week - do you do red, green or EE?!

Lovely beads Pink! Re your slow losses, I would suggest the same as Bev did - swap your yoghurts for speed fruits. I love yoghurt, but try and limit them to one or two a day, as they don't really fill you up much for the calories! They are really handy when you need something to stave off the munchies quick though!

Bev, I don't have a waist at the moment either and can't wait to get it back! The last time I was slim(ish!) I had a lovely hourglass figure - always had big boobs and curvy hips, but I did used to have a waist!

Sian, well done on the unpacking - I hate that bit! It's like getting home from the supermarket with the shopping, I always hate having to put it away! Wish the supermarket delivery service would put all your shopping away too, I'd be ordering for delivery every week! Got any plans for the summer hols?

Could do with some advice - I'd planned to cook up a huge Quorn chilli today and got all the veg prepped etc, then realised I had no Quorn mince! I've used beef mince, which I know is synned, but I dry-fried it first, drained off all the fat and even rinsed it with boiling water before using it in the chilli - do you think I still need to syn it? I'm doing an EE day...

Evening Ladies

Im Sorry i havent been on here thru the week! I have had a mare of a week! But we are starting to see the wood for the trees! We are in the middle of moving house, but we are a step closer, we have all of our furniture back, was delivered this week!!! Delighted about that, and kitchen was finished today! Just the living room to finish and we are moving in. All the stress/work has meant that i have been less strict with my sw, i have hardly eaten, but when i have eaten, its been something on the go, with not much of a nutritional benefit! However, im pleased to report in with a 1lb loss!!! Will adjust my ticker and that as soon as i get a chance!

Still havent had chance to start fishy week, just havent had time, but i am definitely going to do it at some point in the next fortnight, think i might wait a few days though until i have moved into my new house and have all my utensils and kitchen etc!!!

Well done everyone on the losses, some fab results!!! Capricorn, i am making cauliflower cheese with your cheese sauce recipe this week!!! well done on fishy week hun! cant wait to start it myself!

Gonna go and soak myself for a while and will catch up with all the posts!

Congrats again on the losses, well done girlies xxx

I dont think you need to syn the mince hun. If you have rinsed it and drained it then you have prob got all of the fat off it and its not like you are going to do it everyday, hope it tasted yummy xx

Evening ladies!

Firstly, congratulations Surreygal, Helen, Louise and Capricorn on your losses!! Fabulous results ladies! :D

Helen - sorry you're down about your 1lb loss hun. I'm sure things will pick up for you soon. My weight loss is a bit up and down at the moment...maybe we need to shake up our routine a little bit :) Btw...the jewellery is beautiful hun, you really do have a gift for it! :D

Bev - glad to hear your pooch was reasonably non-traumatised by the experience with the doggy hairdresser, lol! :giggle: Maybe I ought to pay him a visit...perhaps he could sort out my dodgy barnet once and for all, lol! :8855: I loved your phrase 'drunk as a monkey' - although were I to ever meet a drunk monkey I think I'd be quite horrified, lol! :D I'm also a fan of drinking, it's definitely the hardest part of my SW journey (staying off it that is...sloshing it down has never been hard ;))

Capricorn - 5lb is an absolutely fabulous loss hun! And a new shiny sticker too - well done that woman! :happy096: I'm very much in awe of how successful you've been on SW, but then you really do deserve it! :)

Claire - well done on getting into your jeans hun! It's such an ego boost isn't it! :) I bought a pair of size 18 jeans the other day and I was over the moon, lol! :)

Spanx - ooo, lucky you with your hourglass figure! I've always been a bit of a dumpy lump, so I think I'll always be stuck with an apple shape figure! I would be the unlucky one in the family to inherit my father's frame :sigh: :8855: As for my hols - I'm planning on doing some serious chilling out, but also lots of work as we're going into inspection year from September. We could be inspected any time from October onwards, so it's going to be a busy holiday preparing everything :) P.S. You, Bev and I need Patsy back - I feel we've become a bit tame in her absence! :D

Sorry to anybody I've missed! :) Hope everybody's had a fab day!

Sian xxx :)

Morning Ladies.
Im afraid i'm here to feel sorry for myself, got WI tonight and i'm about 99% sure that I haven't lost anything at all this week and i am feeling so down.
I just feel like this is going to be such a long journey, sometimes i just wish i could wake up and it would all be gone.
To make it worse, me and my OH are meant to be going camping this weekend and i'm terrified that i wont be able to keep on plan, i was thinking about taking a shed load of fruit etc to keep me going in the daytime, but everything just seems so unacheiveable today.
I'm sorry for being down ladies! Probably just hormones!
xxx

Morning Corsacar,

Its horrible when you are feeling grotty and down isn't it?

Are you taking a camping stove with you? When I last went camping I made a big batch of bologanise, (you could make up a big syn free one with loads of veg in) froze it in a container- by the time its defrosted in the nightime you could just heat it up on your camping stove and you could buy a couple of those microwavable pasta pouches- (I know you can't microwave- but I bet if you stirred the pasta into the sauce it would heat it through and there you have a syn free tea for camping!!

Just a little idea- but you have the right idea- take loads of fruit- cut up a pineapple and put into a tuppaware pot, apples or banana also you could take carrots sticks, slices of pepper, cucumber etc and a low fat dip maybe to much on? Low fat alpen bars are only 3 syns- also low fat supernoodles are free- you could make them on a camping stove.

Ohh or how about some of that asda chick pea dhal its blooming lovely and its free on EE too!

Other snacks- some roasted chicken to nibble on?
If you fancy something naughty get some Mikado sticks (little biscuit sticks covered in chocolate!)- they are really tasty and only half a syn each, you can nibble on 10 of them for only 5 syns.

Hope this helps :) sometimes I wake up too and think I've such a long journey ahead- but we are all making the journey together and you will get there! You can stick to plan whilst camping- but you also can relax a little, its a little holidays and its not the end of the world if you have a few days with a few nice things. Doesn't mean you have to have blow out, but you need to enjoy things as Slimming world is not a diet- its a plan for life! Thats the great thing it can be easily adapted. Also why not save some syns up fo the weekend- then you can enjoy it and not have to feel guilty!

Hope you get your mojo back- hormones are terrible things! lol they make us all feel crappy sometimes :eek:

So chin up, get planning for that camping trip and go enjoy it!! You can do it!

Lots of hugs

Claire xx

Good afternoon all

Corsacar..pinkies crossed you are wrong and get a loss at your weigh in...
Righty ho-have you got 1/2 an hour?
grab a pen and paper and start planning -all those bits n bobs that you can take with you that will make life easier. SO-here are some ideas off the top of my head...are you EE? anyway
  • cool bag with :-
  • bacon-you could put this in frozen to save space on cool blocks and so it will keep longer ;)
  • eggs
  • milk
  • mullers
  • a bit of fruit
  • laughing cow lites
  • cheese cut into 28g/42g portions
then -well you have to have
  • alpen lights/fibre plus bars
  • baked beans
  • mug shots
  • weetabix/oats (weighed out ready to go)
  • crisp breads
there are a few ideas that should make life easier...
Im sure that with a little planning you can go away and have a great time ;)..
Most of the stuff can be measured before hand so you know your A+Bs are sorted and the free stuff -well -"fill your boots" :p

Afternoon all
Hello Claire -we must have been typing at the same time....great minds ehh!!!!

Well at last we have had rain today :gimi:
We are nipping shopping when hubby gets in -need more water, fruit, veg and no doubt quite a bit more will fall in my trolley :whistle:
Whilst we are out we are nipping to look and see if I can get hold of a couple of pairs of 3/4 jeans to replace the last ones, that fall down :eek: and possibly a couple of tops -hubbies anniversary pressie to me :Dalthough he keeps insisting that I shouldn't be allowed to have trousers unless they have drawstring waists -so i can keep pulling em in :giggle: -my trousers fell down in the middle of the kitchen yesterday :eek: and it was only the weight of my pedometer that did it :rotflmao:. If I can get ones like my last lot -in the sale at €4.99 -I will be grabbing a couple of smaller sizes too;)

I have allready had porridge with nana and berries and salmon fillet with roast veggies :drool: and Im making pork schnitzel for diner tonight ;)
right I will get off for now..
Hope everyone is well....have a lovely day folks :D

afternoon ladies:D.

Helen i love the necklace,beautiful beads:). It's awful when we dont see a loss on the scales when we have been good isnt it,possibly it's those weeks when we loose the inches instead and not the pounds,keep at it you are doing great:).we will all get there.

bev hope you had a good weekend,you are so organised all that batch cooking :).I made some sw scotch eggs and sw coleslaw over the weekend,hubby and son loved it.

losc moving is stressful isnt it,it's good news things are moving on for you,hope the rest of the move goes as smooth as poss:)good to see you post again hun:).well done on your loss as well:).

spanx i do red and green days i haven't yet tried a ee day,i normally just alternate the days,ive recently tried chick pea dahl that i have heard about and loved it:).i enjoy both days i love jacket spuds:).

corsacar i recently went away for the wekkend for my son's bithday,armed with my coolbox it was full with sw goodies chopped salad,boiled eggs,ham ,fruit.i took alpen light bars and my cereal. I also had some treats,i had birthday cake and ice cream on the sea front:) it was such a hot day and it was bootiful just what the dr ordered:) so i was pleased with myself because it could of been a lot worse,i enjoyed myself and had treats and stayed sensible:).so have a good weekend and enjoy:).

afternoon claire and capricorn :).

hope everyone has a good day.

xx

I need to type quicker me thinks:D it took me three goes to get my post up grrrrr it kept logging me out.:8855:.x

Evening ladies,

well the red day was a sucess! (I think!) ended up using less syns than normal and still have a HEB left to use, although not sure what to have?!

Anyway Shrinking Bev! I never got back to you about where I get my shoes from. The only place I can buy shoes is Evans. They do up to size 11 I think and there is a sale on at the moment online so tell you cousin to get on there, I just got a lovely pair of purple sandles reduced from £35 to £13 for my holiday :D

Sometimes Brantano do larger shoes up to a size 10 I think, although never much choice. So Evans is her best bet. I've been known to have to wear holey shoes for months because I haven't been able to get any. Usually if I find a pair I think- I buy 2 or 3 pairs to store- as its not fun when there are no suitable shoes. I am 5'9 and don't like to wear heels so when Summer is over all the nice flats go and Evans only tend to stock heel which sucks!!

Anyway hopefully feeties will shrink a little when I have lost some more- heres hoping!

Hope you are all having a great day.

Claire xx

Evening all, thankyou for all your support earlier, I'm just horribly down today, so I apologise for letting that loose on all of you lovely ladies!
Well I'm reporting in with a 1.5 lb loss, which takes me to my 2.5 stone award which I know in 14 weeks is an acheocement I just can't see that tonight! So I apologise for my mood and I hope I'll be in better spirits for you all tomorrow
xxx

Awww Corsacar 2.5 stone in such a short time is fantastic! If you could have that weight back for just 10 short minutes, carry it around for a bit, then I KNOW you would feel it! Get a couple of carrier bag, fill them with stuff out of your food cupboard until they weigh 35lb, and try carrying them up and downstairs a few times. You'll be wondering how you carried that weight around on your body all day that's for sure! Honestly, try it. All you need is a little perspective - 35lb is a massive amount sweetheart, it really is! Your likkle legs will be singing with joy because they are carrying 35lb less, and you should be too! You're doing so well. So chin up and plod on with pride and a beaming smile, that you've lost so much already! Oh and it's fine to come here and let your 'mood' out - that's what this team is for.......to be there for each other and support each other when we're feeling like we'll never get to the top of that huge hill :) Hope youo're feeling more positive today chuckster xxx

Claire, thanks for the info on the shoes. I will pass it on to my cousin........she's 6 foot tall and built like a garden rake (she's from the thin end of the gene pool :confused: lol) so setting foot in Evans will be quite new to her! :8855:

So, good morning everyone :D

WI day comes around soooooo quick doesn't it? :eek: I'm dreading tonights WI but I keep telling myself that I only had one (lol) vodka bath and 1 day out of 7 does'nt necessarily make for a bad week!.............it's not working though! :8855:

I'm off out again this Saturday......and next Saturday :eek: I really do need to learn how to slip a few syn free drinks in between the naughty vodka. I set off with such good intentions, but they all go out of the window after the first drink! :8855: I end up behaving like pig in a cake shop! :eek: lol

Anyway, have a good day everyone. And good luck to everyone yet to WI this week xxx

Morning ladies

Just a quick one! Corsacar well done on the loss! thats fab! Bev good luck for WI!

Am off round my house to do some more decorating, its coming along nicely, so will pop back later for a catch up!

Take care girlies xxx

Good day,

Corsacar
darling you lost 35 lb, I would be extremly happy about that!! Have a look at the list below, which I cheekely copied from another post, have a look and enjoy your microwave lost ha ha ha

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
ount of trash you throw away in a month

Bev I am not a big drinker but I do struggle on Saturdays, for the past 4 Saturdays we went out where was enough alcohol to drown a whole herd of elephants, Summer is not over yet, so there will be more alcoholic Saturdays! anyway Good Luck with WI!!!
losc2522- which part of the house do you decorate? What colours? if you don't mind me asking, i was thinking to redecorate my son's bedroom, he still has got Winnie the Pooh all over his walls,turning 4 in November so I was thinking about changing it, maybe Thomas ( train addict) or Toy Story, he likes Woody ( calles him Moody though)
Helen you are very talented girl and I admire your patience!! Gorgeous necklace girl!! Maybe we all should have a necklace each or maybe little bracelet for all Queen size to Princess( secret code ones) so when we are out and about we can spot each other? ha ha that would be cool!!!
I lost 2 whole pounds this week and got a shiny 1stone sticker ( about a bloody time!!!) so I am all smiling today and my mojo is back!!!
Have an excellent day girls!

Hello ladies hope we're all well. I've just realised it's WI day today, summer holidays are already throwing me. Good luck with Wi's this week everyone. Bev, just an idea but most people fill their baths with water. :giggle: Good luck weighing tonight!

Kasia...thanks for that list. I've nearly lost a new born calf.:eek: I'll try and bear that in mind the next time I need a reminder. Well done on your loss.:)

Oh great, son just dropped a pot noodle all over the floor. Grrr kids. Back later once I've cleared it up.:rolleyes:

Good afternoon ladies

well done kasia and corsacar on your losses:D.

kasia thanks for posting the list :).I've lost the amount of a two year old:eek:.onwards and downwards for me:D.

good luck for bev and laura for wi today and anyone else who i have missed:).

have a great day:D.
x

Back