QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

hoping, the mfp app is great. I initially used it as a way of just keeping a food diary when out & about but sometimes I was surprised that when I thought I had been really good & 100% on plan that I was actually quite a few calories over my recommended amount. On the otherhand if I've had a meal out or gone slightly over syns I can see that I'm still within my calorie goal after exercise so dont feel guilty about it or feel like I have messed up my week.

Spanx, on monday I am going shopping!!!! I done a wardrobe clearout & its almost empty (well it would have about 3 things in it if I got rid of the make do for nows!!! :eek:)

Ilovecake, plateau's really suck & mine went on for so long that I actually was beginning to think that I had reached my natural weight at times (well I have never been this weight in my adult life so its all new to me) Thankfully sticking to plan was more appealing to the other option which would mean undoing all of my hardwork so far & thankfully the scales are starting to move properly again. Mind you I think my homemade veggie soup gave them a helping hand this week ;) More of the same this week I think :D

Huzzah for shopping! Hope you have a fab time Sweet! I am now a Next girl - and it's so lovely being able to go in there and know that everything will fit. Still not brave enough for the skinny shops though. Have fun!

Hope all of you lovely princesses are having a great weekend. x

I have just started on the orlistat tablets today from the doctors. I have taken one today after my evening meal. I am not sure whether these will work with me or not. I normally follow slimming world and i had my gallbladder out 3 months ago, weight has been an issue since then! I thought it was going to help me by having it out but it has hindered me. I lost 3stone on slimming world before then. Do any of u find that the orlistat work? I am on the 120mg tablets. I have taken one tonight with my evening meal as i never got them until lunchtime earlier. I have been at the toilet a couple of times but not bn as bad as i thought I would. I was tryn to do it with sworld diet but cant eat alot of things I normally would. My drs told me I hv to loose 5stone in 6months for my bmi to get to 35 for ivf! How unrealistic is that ... I'm gonna hv to cut my legs off lol. Hope everyone if good, bn ages fae I hv bn on xx

OMG why did i get on the scales on holiday!! I just thought oh I don't think I've been that bad I wonder what they'll say, I got on twice, first time said i've put on 5lbs second time said put on 6. OMFG its not even been a week yet. Maybe its cos stupid AF still isn't here as I've hardly eaten and done loads of exercise. Oh well, no more wine, bread or cheese for me lol. EEEk. Will need 120% week on plan next week.

Hi all!

Had my first weigh-in today after starting SW last Saturday - lost 2.5 lbs!

Although I don't really feel like I'm doing a lot that's very different, and I definitely haven't felt like I've been on a 'diet'. So I'm convinced that it's 2.5 lbs of jeans that I wore to group last week vs leggings and a light dress today!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!

Anna xx

meow^..^ said:
Hi all!

Had my first weigh-in today after starting SW last Saturday - lost 2.5 lbs!

Although I don't really feel like I'm doing a lot that's very different, and I definitely haven't felt like I've been on a 'diet'. So I'm convinced that it's 2.5 lbs of jeans that I wore to group last week vs leggings and a light dress today!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!

Anna xx

A loss is a loss huni .... Well done :) x

Morning all! And what a fantatsic morning it is!

5lbs off for me this week!!!!! That's the 2.5lbs I managed to put on last week and another 2.5lbs besides - I am soooooo happy!

I think I'm now the lightest I've been for possibly 20 years - and I've got less than 1st to go to get to my first target!:D:D:D

Once I get there, I think I might even be brave enough to reduce it a bit more - but I'm not going to count my chickens before they've hatched!

Debz - lovely to see you back. I don't know anything about Orlistat to be honest, but I'd be surprised if they made that much difference, if you're following SW - which is a low fat plan anyway. Have heard scare stories about exploding bottoms - so be careful!!!

Vix - don't WI on holiday! Lots of things can affect your weight - did you fly? No doubt you will have changed routines - eg. eating times, exercise times etc - so don't worry about it - enjoy your hols and deal with the results when you get back!!! x

Meow - well done! SW is fantastic in that it very definitely doesn't feel like a diet - it's just a different way of eating. I've been following it for 15 months now, and, believe me, there's no way I'd ever have stuck to a diet for that long!!!

Hope everyone else is well - Surreygal, good luck for WI this morning! xxx

Woohoo!!! Some great losses going on:D well done Hoping,Sweet,Lucia,Anna and Spanx:D Hope I have got that correct. I lost 2lbs this week:).Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.x

Hi, can I ask for abit of help? normally id muddle through and end up totally off plan but I want to sort this problem out! I rejoined last monday and TBH on tueday I just ate a load of junk. I think because I needed to get it out of my system, but that never works because I always want more. Anyway wednesday and thursday I was 100 percent then I had a stressy friday and went to asda (was going to do shopping online as shopping is when ill buy a load of junk) to do the shop and bought some junk and crashed and burned up until now.Ive eaten junk everyday since..

Now what ive learnt is that I dont ask for help because I dont want anyone to talk me out of eating what I want to eat. So if I dont ask for help then, no one know I need help and I dont get the extra guilt on top of what I already feel after eating the junk

How do I stop this mentality? Does anyone know where im coming from?

Thanks Jodi

Hi Princesses, I will catch up properly later but just had to pop on quickly to let you all know that I bought my first pair of skinny jeans & lovely knee boots for the winter!!!!! Losing weight rocks!!!!!

Hi Jodi, so sorry to hear you are struggling at the mo- now here comes the tough love cos I have so been where you are. When I am determined to eat rubbish, I just go into denial mode as I want the instant gratification of the food. I cant think towards months away when I will feel slimmer if I stay on track. For me dieting has always been 95 % in my head. If my heads in the right place it's effortless to lose weight. If not, it's impossible.

I started at over 24 stone and it seemed impossible at the time but as the weeks go on I dont want to spoil my efforts and just try and focus on a small goal ahead. I am focusing on getting under 300lbs at the mo.

Things that have helped, meal planning, I tend to do a rolling meal plan and swap it every month or so so at the mo it looks like

Monday- pasta with med veg and stirred in philly light

Tues - Spanish Chicken (peppers/onion/mush/chicken pieces with a bit of spices and curry powder)

Weds - Homemade beefburgers

Thurs- Homemade lasangne

Fri- Fish and "chips"

Sat homemade soup

Sun- roast chicken

When i'm bored of these I do a new one, its very easy for shopping on line if you do similar.

Brakfasts are porrage with frozen cherries on top or boiled eggs and nimble and mushrooms or weetabix and banana etc

Lunches vary from jackets and salads to a nimble sandwich.

One of the things I struggled with on EE was the one b choice so I have 2 b's now and just count the 6 syns. I dont feel so deprived then.

I hope some of that may stike a chord or help but we are all here to support each other because dieting is hard. If it were easy we would have all done it by now. Its not like if you gave up drinking or smoking where you never have to face that thing ever or just stop at one. Food is something we are all learninng to control and its very hard. Imagine an alcholic being told they had to have one drink a day then stop- it would be neigh on impossible but if you think about it thats more or less what we have to do.

Much love and lots of hugs

Hi, can I ask for abit of help? normally id muddle through and end up totally off plan but I want to sort this problem out! I rejoined last monday and TBH on tueday I just ate a load of junk. I think because I needed to get it out of my system, but that never works because I always want more. Anyway wednesday and thursday I was 100 percent then I had a stressy friday and went to asda (was going to do shopping online as shopping is when ill buy a load of junk) to do the shop and bought some junk and crashed and burned up until now.Ive eaten junk everyday since..

Now what ive learnt is that I dont ask for help because I dont want anyone to talk me out of eating what I want to eat. So if I dont ask for help then, no one know I need help and I dont get the extra guilt on top of what I already feel after eating the junk

Thanks Jodi

HI Jodi,

What Lucia says is right. Its not easy but it was the habit rather than the taste that I found hardest to break. I was fine throughout the day but evenings were my downfall so what I did was swap my crisps for something low syn like snack a jacks or velvet crunch, if I needed a chocolate kick (which I usually do ;)) then I would have a cadburys light choc mousse or a 2 finger kit kat or an options hot choc.... or if I really had an itch to scratch I would have it all so long as it was under 15 syns. I have done this since I started & it has continued to work for me & keep me on track. I never feel deprived & I think thats the main thing. Some people go cold turkey on treats but I knew that wasnt for me & that I would never stay on plan that way.

Have a think about what it is junkwise that you fancy & then see if you can think of a low syn alternative. Also dont be hard on yourself. These things take time & we all know how hard habits can be to break. Take it a step at a time & you'll never look back :)

Food is so hard, isn't it? There are so many psychological hurdles for lots of people and there is such a lot of stigma surrounding it.

I don't like talking to other people about trying to control what I'm eating, for me having someone tell me I shouldn't be eating something feels really demeaning and makes me angry. As you say, Jodi, it means that I can hide all this stuff in my head, and if I've gone wrong there is a defiant feeling of 'Well it's not anyone else's business, is it!!'

The only thing I can suggest (probably since I'm head-deep in it myself) is before you take a bite of something, ask yourself what you want. Do you want an extra piece of cake of top of your syns and then feel miserable later, or do you want to feel marvellous later on? It's not even about seeing some pounds shift long term, don't forget the importance of the short-term boost in self-esteem for being able to follow a healthier eating plan in maintaining your momentum.

I used to know a girl with celiac disease a few years ago, and people used to ask her how she managed to stay away from all the lovely bread-based foods. She would say that she didn't see those things as food at all anymore, because for her they were associated with, well all the immediate symptoms!, but also the long-term consequences of uncontrolled celiac disease. I am trying to learn to see the extra helpings of syn-y foods like this.

Hope no one gets me wrong, I am in no way advocating that anyone should try to stop eating treats at all, because that makes you feel even worse and is not sustainable in the long term. I'm just trying to re-program my brain to stop once I've had a little bit and satisfied a craving.

How is everyone doing?

I've been on house arrest for 2 days as my boy has been ill with a flu like thing but he's well enough for school tomorrow :D

Been into Asda once hubby got home but the muller offer had finished but they had some great deals on the weight watchers yogs and desserts so a great time to stock up.Big punnets of plums for a pound too.

Been doing loads of body magic, (moved last year and are half way through house renovations) and we have taken all the downstairs carpets up to reveal some lovely floorboards and filled another skip. The even more exciting news is in the snug we have found a fireplace behind a plaster wall and made a huge mess and more runs to the skip for me!

So next weekend we will be sanding floors- so more body magic!

What are you all up to? More inportantly, hows the diet going girls.

Woohoo!!! Some great losses going on:D well done Hoping,Sweet,Lucia,Anna and Spanx:D Hope I have got that correct. I lost 2lbs this week:).Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.x

Woohoo! Well done Surreygal, you are a shining inspiration, as always!

Thanks Jodi

Jodi - I think many of us with a weight problem can relate to what you are saying. Losing weight is such a personal thing, having anyone comment on it, or telling people about your struggles, is really hard. That's why Minimins is so fantastic, because we can all say exactly what we think and no one will judge us!

I hope that you've managed to get back on track. I agree with the others that planning is the key, at least until you get so into the swing of it that it becomes second nature.

Sit yourself down and write out a food plan - for a day, a week, a month - whatever suits you best. Make sure you've got healthy snacks in the fridge/cupboard, so that when you've got the munchies, there is always something to have. Fat free yoghurts and Alpen light bars have been my saviour on many an occasion.

Lastly - take inspiration from others. There are lots of us in this team that have lost quite a lot of weight, but none of us have done it easily - we've all struggled from time to time - after all, nobody's perfect! But if we can do it, so can you!

Hope that you're having a better week. xxx

Hi Princesses, I will catch up properly later but just had to pop on quickly to let you all know that I bought my first pair of skinny jeans & lovely knee boots for the winter!!!!! Losing weight rocks!!!!!

Woohoo Sweet - you rock! I too went out last night in skinny jeans and knee-high boots and I felt absolutely fan-bloody-tastic!!! :D:D:D

It's my birthday today Princesses, so I looked back over my weight chart and thought about this time last year - when I was nearly 3.5stone heavier and a whole heap more miserable. This year, I may be a year older, but I feel about 10 years younger! Thank you Slimming World!

Happy Birthday Spanx :553::birthday:

Happy Birthday Spanx... here is a syn free cake just for you
11.gif

What a difference a year makes hey!!! I'm hoping you'll be posting some birthday pics!!!! Its such a great feeling isnt it when you go out in things that before you ould only have dreamt on wearing!!! Today I done the school run in my knee boots & a jumper dress & actually felt great!!! Myabe by summer I'll venture out in shorts :eek:

Thanks Lucia and Sweet!

Sweet, I have put a new face pic in my album - even I have to admit to finally being able to see the difference!

Will get someone to take a photo of the new skinny jeans next time I wear them! x

Weighing in later and really hoping for 2 and a half off which was mini goal for the week.

Just tried some Quorn cold meat in a nimble sandwich. "chicken" and stuffing flavour was very very yummy in a sandwich with very light mayo and salad and a smidge of cranberry sauce. No idea of the syn value but have counted 3 with the quorn and cranberry which should cover it.

Will post in once i've weighed in.

Hope everyone is ok and on track!

Happy birthday spanx!

Jodi it is so doable, make some good choices and over the weeks and months it all adds up.

Omg editing because of phone predictive text lol.

Back