Question about bars

summerbear2013

Gold Member
Hi
Just wondering does anyone know of anyone that has two bars a day instead of just one? My CDC isn't against it just says you must have either cranberry/mint and a peanut as second one as these are lowest in carbs and cals. Just finding I don't fancy another shake or soup in evening but another bar would be great and don't want to give up my morning bar. I'd then be having third shake as a mousse then my small meal. Just don't want it to effect weight loss cos since started on bars and mousse on Friday my weight has stayed the same. I have 7 stone to lose and as it's a long journey want to make it as enjoyable as possible. It would still be only 700 cals max a day depending what ss+ meal I chose.
Anyone got any thoughts.
Katie x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think you should try it. :) I know of some folks who've actually sole-sourced on 3 bars a day and yes, 2 of those were either peanut, cranberry or choc mint - if you have 2 of the chewy bars there could be some interesting... er... side effects (let's just say that constipation might be the least of your worries. :D).

The only thing you might need to watch for is the bar making you hungrier than you might be after having a shake. This is often down to not having enough fluid though, so make sure you drink an extra glass of water with each bar.

It won't affect your weight loss. Bars get a bad rap because the artificial sweetener in the chewy bars (called malitol) is actually a form of fibre which soaks up water like a sponge - that's why it has a bit of a laxative effect. Because the bars make your body hold water temporarily, the first week you have bars you might not see as a big a drop in the scales as expected. A lot of people then go on to blame the bars for their reduced loss - when in fact it's only a temporary thing and the next week you're likely to lose the usual number of pounds.

Give it a whirl. Anything that makes the journey easier to bear has to be a good thing in my book. Chances are, after a few weeks of eating lots of bars, you'll be desperate to get back to having more shakes. But that's the beauty of Cambridge over many of the other VLCDs - there's a lot of choice when it comes to the products. :D

Awe thanks that's great.
I got go ahead off CDC and I struggle with drinking 2.25lt but I always have an extra drink with my bars. Prob start tomorrow. My weight loss has slowed since starting bars on fri but will keep going xx

Girls, this thread is excellent....may explain why I haven't lost much this week- I started bars. Just 1 a day but because I am away a lot next week I may persuade CDC to give me 2

Thank-you

xx

Hey Jo I had two today and prob will do next week when I'm away in Oxford. My weightloss has slowed since Friday wen I started the bars. I weighed myself this morning too Jo and only lost 1 since Friday aghhh and am doing ss+ to the letter. Oh well will see what happens as days continue xxx

Katie, it will all balance out chick. I know it. We are nailing it :) xxxx

Bloody hope so. Not having official weigh in until Monday so can do it week by week.
Could be worse I could be on apprentice lol xx

Are you watching apprentice ? - I love it LOL!!!

Can't try the bars till next week but am struggling wth toilet thing so hope bars may help alleviate that. Have you found they've helped?

Can't try the bars till next week but am struggling wth toilet thing so hope bars may help alleviate that. Have you found they've helped?

Hi there,

I don't think the bars have helped with that but I have been taking Psyllium husks (from Holland and Barrett) 3 times a day and I reckon that is ensuring that things, erm, happen *cough*

:)

Bars have helped my toileting am sure lol but everyone different plus I am on ss+ so again different.
Apprentice is so funny. Xx

Hahaha! Theyare quite good....also fill you up between shakes allegedly!

Not that they are having that effect today. At all. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Aghhhh the buffet smells good and the man is insulted I won't try anything. Told him I an eating later with my husband so he's done a goody bag and I chose stuff I hate so I won't try it haha I rock. And Jo get this I have drank 3 litres today it's a miracle lol xx

Aghhhh the buffet smells good and the man is insulted I won't try anything. Told him I an eating later with my husband so he's done a goody bag and I chose stuff I hate so I won't try it haha I rock. And Jo get this I have drank 3 litres today it's a miracle lol xx

Katie....I am so proud of you!! Buffet resistence AND water quaffing!! What a girl :)

Jo well done on your weight loss Hun. Can you believe we have spent a week fretting lol. I gave the food away he sent me home with and am having my soup. Have ss today no meal woo hoo. Only thing with all the water is I had to keep leaving the presentations to wee lol xx

Well done lady!! That is MAJOR....not easy at all! When is your WI again?? See.....don't fret. Not worth it xxx

Weigh in on Monday which will be exactly two weeks from when started.
Still need eat my mousse today only had soup n bar today eeek.
Feel very proud the curry smelt lovely too MMmm. Xxx

Back