Question about mealpacks and carbs!

ClaireLR

Hi, I'm thinking about starting slim and save. I've done Cambridge before so one of the things that stood out about S&S was the mealpacks. However, are they not to carby? Looking at some of them i.e. cottage pie and the macaroni cheese, would they not cause you to come out of ketosis? Just wondering whether I would be best off sticking to the shakes alone (as I used to with Cambridge, this always seemed to work well for me).

Any thoughts?

The meal packs are perfectly ok to have. S&S is a ketogenic diet just the same as CD is :)

I have 4 meals a day at the moment and have no problems. So long as your carbs are between 60/70 a day it's fine

There is no comparison between Cambridge and S&S and I urge you to start ASAP, you will not regret it! Im an ex CD'er and S&S is a breeze, the mealpacks are fantastic I just dont feel like im on a VLCD and my losses are the same as Cambridge. :D:D

Hi ... how long does it take one to get into ketosis with S & S? Do you still have to drink a lot of water ? If so, how much a day? Thanks...

A

Thanks Starlight... still considering my options ! :)

I've swapped from CD to S&S and prefer this by far because of the meal packs - Love them and in fact all of the products. Haven't troed the shakes. Only thing missing from S&S are any ready made shakes... Loosing the same amount as I would on CD! :D

Starlight do u have 4 meals a day ?

And are ur losses still the same . I was afraid to eat them lol . So I think for next month I might try some

Wow Loopyloodrewitt, all your previous weight losses seem so good and makes me want to take the quicker route to being slim and gorgeous again by trying either LL or S & S but I also know the psychological impact LL had on me... All I thought about was food and once I came off LL, I started to hide food in my wardrobe and ate in secret after 9 months of total abstinence. I'll give WW a good shot as I know that once I get my hear back in gear, I can do it well and not feel hungry or deprieved. But, if I don't, then I may have no choice but to try a VLCD again....I remember being able to feel chucks of my body disappearing from one day to another when on LL! It was a great feeling....wish I could magic the weight away instead! ;)

When I asked about ready made shakes Rob said that they'd ruled those out for the time being due to the parcel weight and risk of damage / spoiling in transit.

Annie 2012 I know Wat u mean I didn't go to extreme of hiding food but I did go mad with it . I think.we also need to love ourselves aswell and get ourselves on a proper emotional level so we don't need food . I have to say I home it last time I'm on it as I'm dealing with my emotions to food this time too . I'm on this for 12 weeks nd after I finish I prob still have a stone to lose so I be jumping on the ww wagon lol . Best of luck in ww hunni x

Back