question about white cell count

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by liz1987, 11 May 2009 Social URL.

1. liz1987

liz1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey everyone,

I've been having some problems lately (wrote a post about going to A&E with a rash). Anyway, they took blood at A&E and my white cell count was high. They tested again a week after and its still very high, so got to back to the docs this week.

I was wondering whether anyone (perhaps a nurse/doctor or CDC) knows whether the diet might be affecting this? I've been thinking that it wouldn't affect blood like that, but now its come back high again I've got to check every possible cause!

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tryer

tryer Silver Member

hope all is ok.

what type of rash? ok actually i will go find your post.

ps sorry can't help

4. liz1987

liz1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thats ok, thanks for your reply.

It was like lots of little bruises down my shins, NHS direct told me to go to A&E incase it was meningitis (which it wasn't). Had a routine blood test then which flagged up the high white cell count.

I'm hoping its nothing to do with the diet as I'm worried the doctor will make me come off it!

5. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    I know your white cell count can increase when your body is fighting an infection, so maybe you have a bug of some sort, but try not to worry until you have seen the doc.
    Do let the doctor know you are on the Cambridge Diet though, just so he can complete the full picture when looking at your health.

Gaynor x

6. liz1987

liz1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for your reply - yeh definately decided I need to let the doc know about cambridge. Hoping its not related and the doc has a positive reaction to the diet.

Just annoying as I'd really like to know whats causing it to be high!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.