question about white cell count

liz1987

Hey everyone,

I've been having some problems lately (wrote a post about going to A&E with a rash). Anyway, they took blood at A&E and my white cell count was high. They tested again a week after and its still very high, so got to back to the docs this week.

I was wondering whether anyone (perhaps a nurse/doctor or CDC) knows whether the diet might be affecting this? I've been thinking that it wouldn't affect blood like that, but now its come back high again I've got to check every possible cause!

Thanks in advance

hope all is ok.

what type of rash? ok actually i will go find your post.

ps sorry can't help

Thats ok, thanks for your reply.

It was like lots of little bruises down my shins, NHS direct told me to go to A&E incase it was meningitis (which it wasn't). Had a routine blood test then which flagged up the high white cell count.

I'm hoping its nothing to do with the diet as I'm worried the doctor will make me come off it!

I know your white cell count can increase when your body is fighting an infection, so maybe you have a bug of some sort, but try not to worry until you have seen the doc.
Do let the doctor know you are on the Cambridge Diet though, just so he can complete the full picture when looking at your health.

Gaynor x

Thanks for your reply - yeh definately decided I need to let the doc know about cambridge. Hoping its not related and the doc has a positive reaction to the diet.

Just annoying as I'd really like to know whats causing it to be high!

Back