Question for the wii fitters...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I got one on Friday! I love it. Done quite a lot on it so far, spent Friday trying out everything, and yesterday I did 40 mins stepping a few other things (unlocked free step! Yay!) and today did 30 mins stepping whilst watching telly.

I just wanted to ask, for those of you who just do wii fit/have been doing it for quite a while, have you found it making a positive difference to your weight loss?
:character00115:
Do you feel better for it? Actually fitter?

I plan to do it as well as doing my running (well, running/walking) still, but I am a lazy bum and would rather stay indoors if I can! lol!

sorry cant help, but do the boxing sometimes to try and be active when its raining!! deffo thinking about getting one soon so im wondering if its worth it too?? would you recomend?
nic x

I got mine last April & used it until the end of the summer & felt much more toned.

Started using it again in December & last April I could never have done it, but the other day I did a run around the island, whilst I definately knew I'd done it I didn't think I was going to pass out or anything!!

Now I can't be sure that it's because of the WII Fit or just because I've lost a fair amount of weight, but certainly I feel much fitter than I did a year ago. I also know my posture is much better & I think that is down to the yoga.

Either way, I think it's definately worth doing as I know for definate it helps with posture & toning up.

I'm just about to start the fitness coach, which I think is a little harder and the cheerleading/dancing one, so will alternate it a little for variety.

HTH

Thanks Lisa, yeah helpful :)

Nic - I love mine so far, and can see myself getting quite a lot of use out of it. I plan to do something on it every day, even if it's just a few muscle exercises rather than cardiovascular stuff...
We will see how long it lasts! But I'm much more likely to stick to it than running every night....

i got a wii fit today!:D i love it! ive spent the eve playing on it my fav is the holahooping:D:D:D

think im gonna have to tap the hubby for one!! i know he wants one too its just money at the min, but i will deffo get one soon sounds like a good investment!!

Wii Fit is great!!!
I use it at least 30 mins every evening with Daughter encouraging me!
Yes, I can see the difference and feel fantastic....the one thing I dont pay much attention too is the weight on it, as I weigh on a carpet and in different places in the lounge.

Wii Fit is great!!!
I use it at least 30 mins every evening with Daughter encouraging me!
Yes, I can see the difference and feel fantastic....the one thing I dont pay much attention too is the weight on it, as I weigh on a carpet and in different places in the lounge.

Yes, avoid the Body Test!! It measures your centre of gravity and also weighs you - which of course can vary sooooo much depending on time of day etc. Stick to the SW once a week weigh for that side of things

It's good to know you're finding it positive and having results! Woo!

I will not be able to go on it today, and I'm having withdrawl symptoms :)

Im not going on mine today either, but I am dancing for 3 hours this evening, so I dont mind! :)

3 hours dancing more than makes up for it!

My band rehearsal is cancelled tonight so I've got no excuse not to do exercise - I am going to have a run AND do some wii fit. I am determined to lose weight this week, after last week's disasterous, depressing week!

Good luck Hun!!!

well i m considering buying a wii i m guessing you all think it would be a good investment?

Only thing is is the wii fit noisy like ypu have to jump on it cos i live in a 6th floor flat dont wanna visit the ppl down stairs thru the roof lol

Debs x

you don't jump on the balance board at all, and don't worry it's not noisy
I must admit though, I think the wii fit is great to get the kids a bit more active rather than sat in front of the telly and I think it's good fun but useless for real fitness and weight loss as it just doesn't work you hard enough so you get into a sweat!

You only step on and off the board, so no falling in on the neighbours!

I must say, I'm working out quite hard on it, but then I'm doing step on as fast a setting as I can and I am waving my arms round like a nutter too.

It focuses more on muscles and balance really (yoga and stretching poses) but the CV side of it, whilst I agree with Rachelina a bit, it's not made for intensive fitness, I do think you get out what you put in and if you put more effort into it, it will yield results. It's not magic...!! (if only!!)

Back