Question for those with a lot to loose

MummyEm

Slowly but surely!
I know I have a long way to go to get to my overall target and was just wondering how others with a lot to loose are going to do this diet. Im trying to decide between refeeding for my holiday in May which would give me another 8 weeks or so and then maintenance for a few months, then restart. Or just to keep going until I hit target (11st) in one go!?! Im worried about maintaning I suppose and feel if I could maintain for awhile half way (13st) then I know it would be worth loosing the rest. What is everyone elses plan?

I'm planning on re-feeding for a week in 3wks for a family wedding then re-starting the next day? Why don't you re-feed for your holiday, try & eat healthy that week, then re-start as soon as you come home? Or if you feel you could carry on LT-ing on holiday, then keep going? I know I'd find it hard though?

I also have a holiday in July. I'm hoping to be within half a stone of my target weight then so will be refeeding for 2 weeks beforehand (only 14 weeks left woohoo!) then doing maintenance when I come back. If I put on too much whilst away I may go back on the shakes for a month just to get rid of the excess then do the maintenance.

Scary thinking about going back to eating but it's got to be done and can't wait for this diet to be finished.

Im not worried about getting back on LT after my hols I know I could do it, im worried about maintaining my loss over a long period, ive heard the less you weigh the harder it is to maintain. I know it would break my heart to put it all back on so just wondering if I should maintain for awhile half way if its easier.

Well, I reckon the way LT re-introduces food will be key to your success? If you introduce it gradually and re-educate yourself to portion sizes etc. then you should be okay? I've read that some people who have serious over-eating issues do the re-feed process for several weeks to get used to food again really slowly, maybe you could try that? Then try the maintenence for a few weeks.
When you get to target, you'll need less food/cals to maintain your weight, but because you'll have spent so long on LT- you won't be used to food anymore, so will be starting from scratch, so to speak?
I personally wouldn't try to maintain until I got to goal. I'd rather get a little under my target and have a bit to 'play' with while I get my body used to food again? I've spent too long overweight to faff around if I'm losing successfully at last! LOL!

In the beginning my little sis had just over 8 stone to budge and has lost I think 4 stone, I had 6 stone to lose and hopefully am going to hit my 4 stone this week.

She and I are going at it all the way without stopping because we both know that if we were to have a break we would have a difficult time getting back on.

If you just watch what you're eating I'm sure you'll be fine as some people lose weight on refeed. I think it's better to just get rid of as much weight as possible first. That might be easier to keep the weight off.

Last edited:
If you just watch what you're eating I'm sure you'll be fine as some people lose weight on refeed.
Yes, my pharmacist told me I'd probably still lose a few lbs on my re-feed week -I hope so, then I won't have 'lost' a week before I go back to it full-time!! LOL!

Just think long and hard before changing what is working really well for you. Get advice from as many LT's as poss. My Pharmacist has said if I'm finding it really hard, she will put me on maintainence, but I told her I just want to go all the way on LT as I cant imagine going back to no food again after a break, but hey! thats just me. I'm hoping to lose 3 stone before my holiday in July, go on to re-feeding and hopefully I wont be so tempted by Cornish pasties and cream teas!!!!

Superslimma are you headed down here to lovely sunny Cornwall for your hols in July then? I will be in Rhodes in July, hopefully avoiding all their tasty treats too!

Hiya,
Well I think if you re-feed a week or two before your hols and try to stay off the carbs on hols then get right back on it when you get home is the way I would do it.
Personally right now I'm on lt till the bitter end lol! Well untill I reach 9stone...then I'm going to do a long long long re-feed, hopfully still losing a few pounds till I get to 8 1/2 stone.

Good luck!

I'm in the same situation, holiday in 8 weeks and I need to decide what to do. Think it will be the refeed and try be as good as I can when out there, going to be hard though.

Is it best to refeed two weeks before I go or a week ?

I'm in the same situation, holiday in 8 weeks and I need to decide what to do. Think it will be the refeed and try be as good as I can when out there, going to be hard though.

Is it best to refeed two weeks before I go or a week ?
If you're choosing to refeed, refeed for more than 1 week. That way, it'll be in practise and easier for you.

If you're planning on going straight back on it then I'd only re-feed for a week, then you won't lose as much time losing- if that makes sense!

I have planned to keep on going untill i get to my target.
Me and my bf have a holiday almost planned for june - but he has said he doesnt want me coming off LT just for a holiday and would rather me carry on get to target and then refeed properly as a holiday can wait. (if you have one booked fair enough).

I am going right up untill june 15th and i am going to reassess myself then.

Hopefully by then i will be 13st (or around that mark) and if i have a holiday booked with my oh then i will probably come off LT and refeed and then lose weight healthy eating and exercising untill i get to 12st.

Although, this goes agains what i believe in but i would actually like to get straight back on LT after my (possible) holiday in June.

Basically, i am playing it by here.

This is booked I'm afraid, 2 weeks in cuba and I'm not going to let it go. go on the 7th May

My main worry is that I pile loads back on while I'm there cos I've not refed correctly to be honest. I can cope with a couple of pounds back on while I'm out there, hey I'm on holiday, I just need to be careful not to fall into the I'm on holiday lets eat averything that ain't nailed down trap. I'm sure after I see some results I'll be much more aware of what I have to do. I get the feeling I need to stay away from Carb's which works for me while I'm away. try to mimimise the damage, then focus again when I get back.

Good luck with your loss I hope it all goes to plan for you.

Yep - carbs are the devil!!!!! haha
carbs in veg and fruit are ok but bread and potatoes are bad! Not saying dont eat them but they should be ate in moderation. Switch white bread to brown bread, white pasta to brown and white potatoes to a sweet potatoe. Simple things really.

And you should be fine to eat carbs a couple times a week just dont carb overload.

And you have 42lbs to lost by may 7th - i reckon you could probably be quite near that if you are already on your first week.

Good luck honey. x

Carbs bad lol. Not a big lover of spuds in any shape or form, bread's my major downfall I'm afraid. if I could fit it between 2 slices I'd eat it lol. I'm hoping to be pretty close by then like you said. I have a large frame anyways so should look and feel tons better. It would be great if I could shift 2 stone by then. three would be a dream. have the holiday and then go back on for the second leg. I think i need to be about 13.5/14 stone, any less I think I'd look daft with being so broad, if I loose 3 I'll be at the 15.5 mark fine for the holiday :)

Sounds like you are on track andy :D keep at it 100% and you shall do fine :D

I have a holiday booked to Lara Beach on the 23rd of august - so aslong as i am around the 12st mark for then i will be ecstatic!
Ideally though i am hoping to be around the 13st mark for 15th june incase me and my bf do decide to go away somewhere! :D x

Back